Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?

I absolutely love this phone. It is arguably the best smartphone on the market right now. But the size and weight of the device are somewhat of an issue for me. My hand cramps from holding it for long periods of time, landscape typing is a bit of a challenge and this thing is just plain heavy! Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. It's my GS3 on steroids. But I miss the one handed maneuverability and ease of use that my GS3 provided. I'm sad to say it, but I might switch back to my GS3. Giving this device another week or so of use to see if I change my mind.

What are your thoughts after sever days of use?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    ska916jedi likes this.

Default Re: Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?

I've had mine since Nov 9th, and think it's a great phone. I upgraded from a iPhone 3GS because I hated the little screen and I love the Note's big screen. I'm waiting for a couple of cases to arrive because the Note feels slippery to me and I don't want to drop it. The only things I've found that I don't like are:

1. You can't install apps on the external microSD card, or move apps from the internal storage to the external microSD card. I know you can root the phone and move apps but my EVO 4G would let me move apps back and forth between the phone internal storage and external storage without any issues.

2. The Samsung Apps app was missing from my phone as well as the photo editor. The Samsung Apps site shows two versions of the Samsung App, but neither of the versions is listed as compatible with the Note 2. Installing the version for the Samsung tablets results in a forced close every time I start the Samsung App. Installing the other Samsung App gets me further along, but when I log into the Samsung App I get a error message saying the country for my Samsung account does not match the country for the phone. End result is the inability to download the photo editor.

3. No split window operation with the AT&T Note 2. Since Sprint Note 2 devices just got a upgrade to allow split window operation, I'm hoping te AT&T version will get the same upgrade soon.

So those are the only issues I have with the new Note 2, and they are not really that big of a deal for me. Love the phone, glad I upgraded.

I have since located the APK for the photo editor and have it installed on my note. I got the APK from this thread:

photo editor not found .
    Last edited by dafuser; 11-13-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Thanked by:
    itsmemalloy likes this.

Default Re: Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?

I'm still in my honeymoon phase.
    This is the first phone that makes me feel like I'm not missing anything.
    I can honestly say that I won't need to update this phone for a few years.
    I could never say that about any other phone I've ever had as I upgraded every single year cause I felt there was something lacking.
    Multi-window update is just a matter of time so I'm not worried about it.

The only issue which is a minor one is that the icons on each screen are spaced too far apart.
    On the Note I, I could get 5 icons across and 5 down. On the Note II, it's 4x4 so it takes more space.
    I've used folders to deal with this so it's not a big deal.

It's still the best phone on the market today PERIOD!
    ska916jedi likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have Nova launcher installed and you can set however many rows and columns you want. It's an awesome app.

Sent from my Big *** Galaxy Not II!
    Thanked by:
    canecreekfreak likes this.

I'll probably keep it until a better / bigger iPhone comes out. There's some things I miss of my 4, but so far I can't complain too much. I wish the broswer was like Safari. I hate not being able to click on a link when a page is loading. Plus its hard to click on links with this phone. Maybe theres a setting to adjust the clicking area of a link?
    I also want to know how to do a screen capture / picture without using the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    I'll probably keep it until a better / bigger iPhone comes out. There's some things I miss of my 4, but so far I can't complain too much. I wish the broswer was like Safari. I hate not being able to click on a link when a page is loading. Plus its hard to click on links with this phone. Maybe theres a setting to adjust the clicking area of a link?
    Swipe your hand across the screen to capture a screen shot. If your talking about a segment of the screen, then the S-pen is the only way.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Press and hold home button and power button at same time for screen capture.

Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemalloy View Post
    Press and hold home button and power button at same time for screen capture.

Wow... it worked! Thank you!

So I did a screen capture and looked in photos and the res was good, but when I posted the pic on the FB app it looked bad. WTF? Any ideas?

I figured that I would take advantage of the s pen in my response

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has your initial impression changed now that you'vehad it for a few days?-uploadfromtaptalk1352957054850.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    motor96 and OceanView like this.

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post

Why does the resolution suck when you do screen caps and edit with the S-Pen? That was one of my Qs on another post.

Why does the resolution suck when you do screen caps and edit with the S-Pen? That was one of my Qs on another post.
    No idea. I also notice screen resolution not as good whenever you have pop out video enabled.

Thanked by:

No idea. I also notice screen resolution not as good whenever you have pop out video enabled.

Hmmm... not good.

Still liking the phone overall. The size is great and the quad core is really great. I think the s-pen improvements over the OG Galaxy Note are very good!

Two concerns right now:

1. Bluetooth with my car is not good. Most Samsung phones have worked well with it, but the GN2 does not. It will not stay connected. Anyone else having issues?

2. I am not to keen on waiting on this multi screen update from ATT. I am tempted to take it back and wait until the feature is released before getting the phone. Who knows how long it will take to roll out. My SGSIII is a great backup and the bluetooth works great with my car.
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Love this phone but the one + is tempting. 64gb quad core @ 199 man I just dunno

Quote Originally Posted by dak244 View Post
    I have been looking and still have yet to find a review where this is shown. Can someone send me a link of one they have seen?>

Thanks!
    1. HTC has a worse record then Samsung at updates.

2. The one video I saw on pocketnow with the x and x+ side by side didn't impress me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I'm also due an upgrade soon and its the One X+ or GN2 for me. I'm kind of leaning towards the GN2 though because I wan't a phone that can last me at least a year and half without having to worry about being extremely outdated, plus GN2 has tremendously better battery life than the One X+. But the HTC has the more manageable screen and convenient size.

I'm really in a pickle.

The more I use my Note II, the more I like it. I came from an iphone 4, and I'm very happy I made the switch. I really like how customizable Android is, and the huge screen is a giant plus. The phone is also better as it's loud and clear, unlike the Apple which was always too quiet, even at full volume. I haven't had much use for the stylus yet, but I didn't really get the phone for that. I had a Motorola Atrix before, and liked Android, but it was really buggy and the Mot software kinda sucked. I've had zero issues with the Samsung so far, and see no reason to go back to the iphone (at this time).
    ska916jedi likes this.

Do any of you genius' s know what Priority Sender is in email settings?

Can you explain how you did that. Im completely new to the GN2

Quote Originally Posted by Lastnv View Post
    I'm also due an upgrade soon and its the One X+ or GN2 for me. I'm kind of leaning towards the GN2 though because I wan't a phone that can last me at least a year and half without having to worry about being extremely outdated, plus GN2 has tremendously better battery life than the One X+. But the HTC has the more manageable screen and convenient size.

I'm really in a pickle.
    Be careful of the OneX plus..it inherited the wifi issues of the OneX. Wifi and network handoff issues, it got so bad I couldnt use the phone. I had to get another, and wound up with the GN2. I have never owned a phone that was as problem free as the GN2 is. How is HTC at resolving things? They can kiss my they will never see a penny from me again. There still exists serious wifi issues on the OneX and the New Plus.

Every damn phone I look at that's smaller feels much smaller than it would had I not got this friggin thing. lol

With that said I'll probably pick up a nexus 4 or lumia 920 to play with. Note 2 will be my go to phone though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

I was frustrated at first but since then I'm starting to like the phone more and more....

1. I love the notification LED.
    2. The screen size is awesome.. Any other phone now seems very small to me.. I called my buddy's iPhone 5 "Cute" yesterday. LOL
    3. Love the external SD.
    4. It's super fast and no lag.
    5. It plays all the video format I throw at it unlike my iphone where it had to be an MP4....
    ska916jedi likes this.

All you have to do is install a launcher, I'm running the Nova Pro launcher and it lets me adjust the icons, I have 5x5. I used the Apex launcher on my Galaxy S3 and it did the same I believe.
    Check it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...5sYXVuY2hlciJd

Quote Originally Posted by OceanView View Post
    I'm still in my honeymoon phase.
    This is the first phone that makes me feel like I'm not missing anything.
    I can honestly say that I won't need to update this phone for a few years.
    I could never say that about any other phone I've ever had as I upgraded every single year cause I felt there was something lacking.
    Multi-window update is just a matter of time so I'm not worried about it.

The only issue which is a minor one is that the icons on each screen are spaced too far apart.
    On the Note I, I could get 5 icons across and 5 down. On the Note II, it's 4x4 so it takes more space.
    I've used folders to deal with this so it's not a big deal.

It's still the best phone on the market today PERIOD!

I'm using my bluetooth on my Note 2 (At&t) with no problem at all.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast