Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lex2lo
  • 1 Post By Jrockttu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Couple noob questions

Ok first off id like to know how to close running apps the same as say I used to with my Iphone, so far the only way I figured was to stop the process and then it says may cause it to crash, second, when I first got the phone and I press the home button it would take me to the screen with the click/time on it. Now when I do that it takes me to the 3 Rd Page with apps on it, what setting do I need to go to to fix that
    And last does anyone know how to save pics on Facebook before with my other phone I just used to hold down on the pics and save on this phone I checked settings while I'm on the pic and nothing
    Any help greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Default Re: Couple noob questions

To close apps: press and hold home button. This brings up list of all running apps. Bottom right is a trash can icon. Pressing that will delete all background running apps. You can also delete individual apps by swiping left or right on each app. Subsequently, this screen is also where you'll find your Google Now icon.

To change default home screen (the one that you jump right to when pressing the home button) pinch the screen. This brings up all your pages. The one with the big green check mark is your default screen. Rearrange the screens so that the one you want to be default is checked.

For saving photos in other apps, sometimes the press and hold will work but other times pressing the bottom right soft key will give you an option to save the pic. As a side note, you can also take a screen shot, crop and save it that way.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Big *** Galaxy Not II!

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemalloy View Post
    To close apps: press and hold home button. This brings up list of all running apps. Bottom right is a trash can icon. Pressing that will delete all background running apps. You can also delete individual apps by swiping left or right on each app. Subsequently, this screen is also where you'll find your Google Now icon.

To change default home screen (the one that you jump right to when pressing the home button) pinch the screen. This brings up all your pages. The one with the big green check mark is your default screen. Rearrange the screens so that the one you want to be default is checked.

For saving photos in other apps, sometimes the press and hold will work but other times pressing the bottom right soft key will give you an option to save the pic. As a side note, you can also take a screen shot, crop and save it that way.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Big *** Galaxy Not II!
    The bottom right softkey backs you out of the photo. Do you mean the left button? It doesn't give you the save image option :/
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks that helped

Besides can't saving Face Book photos, what settings do I have to have to get my Yahoo email to push? I dont get emails until I refresh it. I have all the settings I believe right, but still nothing. Any ideas on Peak schedule and such?

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    Besides can't saving Face Book photos, what settings do I have to have to get my Yahoo email to push? I dont get emails until I refresh it. I have all the settings I believe right, but still nothing. Any ideas on Peak schedule and such?
    That sounds like you need to set up your Yahoo account as an exchange account in order for your emails to be pushed to the device. Google Yahoo exchange and it should give you the correct method for setting up.

Sent from my Big *** Galaxy Note II!

Yes, sorry, the bottom left softkey.

Quote Originally Posted by itsmemalloy View Post
    That sounds like you need to set up your Yahoo account as an exchange account in order for your emails to be pushed to the device. Google Yahoo exchange and it should give you the correct method for setting up.

How do I do that? I thought adding that (Yahoo) for my main email on here when first setting up my phone would have done it. Thanks for the hekp in advance.

So under main /settings / accounts : it has email (yahoo), microsoft Exchange ( my hotmail). I get pushed hotmail email notices, but not my main email (yahoo). I take it that my email is set up wrong? How do I add yahoo to micro ex? What is ME and whys it there? Thanks.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok next question would be, I don't have a laptop anymore so what would be the easiest thing for me to do if I wanted to get everything off my iphone and on to my note when I say everything I mean pics texts and contacts not apps

You shouldn't close apps on Android. You can, but the OS optimizes the RAM itself (and we have 2 giant gigs of it), so you can actually harm performance by closing apps yourself. Just leave it be and only close an app if you notice it's using a ton of battery in the background (it's gone rogue!).

Additionally, swiping them to the left or right in the app switcher doesn't close the app, it just removes it from the app switcher. If you want to close an app, you can hold down Home, click the pie chart in the bottom left, then click on Active Applications in the top left tab.

As far as transferring from your iPhone, you can use Dropbox () for pics and any other data that the iPhone lets up upload.

Contacts can be transferred by moving them from the iPhone memory to your SIM card, then to your Note. My preferred method is to move them all to your Gmail contacts on the iPhone, then they'll load automatically into your Note.(instructions here: )
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

What about my yahoo push mail Q?

Also, why do my pictures when taken on here and edited with the pen (drew on it) and uploaded to FB look all crappy and pixelated? Is there a setting im missing? Under camera it says its superfine resolution. Thanks!

Yahoo mail uses IMAP and (from what I'm reading) Android does not support IMAP IDLE, so push won't work. You can either increase your polling (refresh) frequency, you can use the Yahoo Mail android app, or you can use a 3rd party email app (Like K-9 in the play store) that supports IMAP IDLE.

What app are you using to draw on pictures, and what method (are you doing Share > Facebook)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrockttu View Post
    Yahoo mail uses IMAP and (from what I'm reading) Android does not support IMAP IDLE, so push won't work. You can either increase your polling (refresh) frequency, you can use the Yahoo Mail android app, or you can use a 3rd party email app (Like K-9 in the play store) that supports IMAP IDLE.

What app are you using to draw on pictures, and what method (are you doing Share > Facebook)?
    That sucks. Have you tried the Yahoo app?

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    That sucks. Have you tried the Yahoo app?
    I installed it on my mom's phone a while back, but I didn't play with it much. It probably has better functionality for managing your Yahoo mail than the stock browser does. Might as well give it a try.