4G speed in LA on GN2?

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice the 4G speed on the GN2 is slow? i'm seeing roughly 1Mb down and 256Kbps up, which is much slower than when i was on 3G using the n7100.

My friends 4G phones are seeing 5-6Mb down regularly, even when we are sitting right next to each other.

Will 4.1.2 fix this?

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
4G speed as in LTE? On my HOX I hit 18mbps down and about 2mbps up. Not sure about HSPA+, since I forgot to run a test before I hit LTE.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am at Huntington Beach right now, and I am getting about 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up on my AT&T Note II. I am not sure if I am on LTE or HSPA+. The status bar only says 4G.

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
4G LTE in Charleston was 59Mbs download and 24Mbs upload on my GN2!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (AT&T)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353027293912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353027293912.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 57

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am at Huntington Beach right now, and I am getting about 10 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up on my AT&T Note II. I am not sure if I am on LTE or HSPA+. The status bar only says 4G.

That would be HSPA+ then. It would say LTE under the 4G if it were LTE.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
that is weird, i've only ever seen 4G or H. i'm going to run some more tests before i call ATT, maybe its a bad sim?

thanks for your inputs, and @martinezma99 59Mbs down? wow!

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
that is weird, i've only ever seen 4G or H. i'm going to run some more tests before i call ATT, maybe its a bad sim?

thanks for your inputs, and @martinezma99 59Mbs down? wow!

I normally see around 42Mbs but this morning it spiked to 59Mbs. My AT&T U-Verse is only 24Mbs. I can't believe LTE is that fast!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353030972084.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353030972084.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 43

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
In Fort Worth I got amazing results. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353052212733.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353052212733.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 39

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

i just called AT&T and they said that my plan was still on the iphone 3g plan. they switched me to a 4G plan, and now my phone went from saying just 4G to 4G LTE. it seems i may be in a bad 4G area, since my speed is now at less 1Mb but upload is now at 2Mb. going to try from another location later today and hopefully have better results.

LC - you should call ATT and have them check your data plan to make sure you are actually on a 4G plan bc reading other inputs, you should see 4G LTE on your phone and not just 4G.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i just called AT&T and they said that my plan was still on the iphone 3g plan. they switched me to a 4G plan, and now my phone went from saying just 4G to 4G LTE. it seems i may be in a bad 4G area, since my speed is now at less 1Mb but upload is now at 2Mb. going to try from another location later today and hopefully have better results.

LC - you should call ATT and have them check your data plan to make sure you are actually on a 4G plan bc reading other inputs, you should see 4G LTE on your phone and not just 4G.

Thanks! I will do that. I have not see the word LTE under the 4G icon yet. When I switch from my original unlimited iPhone data to the new one, the new one did have unlimited data for 4G in the name.

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I will do that. I have not see the word LTE under the 4G icon yet. When I switch from my original unlimited iPhone data to the new one, the new one did have unlimited data for 4G in the name.

Okay I talked to AT&T, and they said my data plan is the correct one. The reason I don't see LTE is that both my work and my home are outside of the LTE coverage. I have 4G but not LTE. I tried to see the LTE coverage on AT&T coverage map but it only shows 4G coverage which probably included HSPA+. Anyone has a link to AT&T detailed LTE coverage (not all 4G) for Los Angeles?

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I normally see around 42Mbs but this morning it spiked to 59Mbs. My AT&T U-Verse is only 24Mbs. I can't believe LTE is that fast!

I can't believe how fast it is either! I live in Walker Louisiana, about 10 miles outside Baton Rouge and my note II is faster than my wifi(at&t u-verse).Screenshot_2012-11-18-03-54-38.png

Last edited:

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay I talked to AT&T, and they said my data plan is the correct one. The reason I don't see LTE is that both my work and my home are outside of the LTE coverage. I have 4G but not LTE. I tried to see the LTE coverage on AT&T coverage map but it only shows 4G coverage which probably included HSPA+. Anyone has a link to AT&T detailed LTE coverage (not all 4G) for Los Angeles?

The LTE coverage in Los Angeles must be very spotty. Last night I went to Santa Monica, and I finally saw the LTE under the 4G icon. I have 1 bar of signal, and when I tried to do Speed Test, the signal went from 4G LTE to E! It was so slow that it won't even pull in an email. Then I went to LAX and signal there was always bad. I was trying to check some information on which terminal AA is at, and ended up just drive around and found out, because data was so freaking slow. Finally I went to Pico Rivera, and got a solid 3 bars LTE signal, but the Speed Test only shows about 6Mbps down. My brother's Verizon iPhone 5 shows 9Mbps at the same place with the same Speed Test server. AT&T coverage in LA is really not that great. If I wasn't always on contract with 2 or more of my 5 phones at any one time, I would have switched to Verizon.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Fort Worth and this is the kind of speed I'm getting in my area. This was the fastest but, I average around 40 D and 22 U. Overall it's crazy fast! Twice as much as how speed. Does anybody know if Denver has LTE?
Screenshot_2012-11-16-07-37-291.png

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
AT&T's LTE in Los Angeles, specifically near the Staples Center is absolutely horrible!!!! It's so bad at my home that I had to add a new toggle to disable LTE and just use HSPA....!!!! I guess it may be due to the fact that there are a lot of people near downtown, but it's downtown!! I rarely get 1 MB down... Most of the time it's less than that...

BUT.. in Woodland Hills at my work or in East La at my parent's.. It's Suuuper fast! Way faster than my home wifi.. LTE is way awesome! But I feel like it's a big tease when I'm at home.....