Note 2 keyboard and voice to Text

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Im used to seeing the microphone on the keyboard as a default or there already. There is a key next to Sym T and has a pict of the microphone. Is there a way to get the microphone to show continuously. Also there are no cursor move arrows on the keyboard. How do you get them enabled? Maybe someone can poke DAS for a comment.
Thank you all in advance.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Im used to seeing the microphone on the keyboard as a default or there already. There is a key next to Sym T and has a pict of the microphone. Is there a way to get the microphone to show continuously. Also there are no cursor move arrows on the keyboard. How do you get them enabled? Maybe someone can poke DAS for a comment.

Have you tried the swype keyboard? It does what you are asking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

matthath

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
yes this is an issue...hope they resolve it soon....seems to change with the other providers and stay on the voice as default next time you use the keyboard...I want to stick with the samsung keyboard b/c the numbers along the top give quick access to numbers but not having quick access to voice is becoming pretty frustrating

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I love the keyboard but need arrows and microphone. Is this a bug? I think the Sprint Samsung keyboard has the microphone

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Actually the samsung keyboard is a rev of the Swiftkey Flow keyboard! I think the update will address the voice to text access on the keyboard. But you also have Trace right now and the predictive works so well its almost scarey.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it will. I am not sure, but I noticed that dooming from using the swype keyboard. But as said, the predictive text for me is worth the little hold down to bring up the microphone. Do I wish I could just hit the button like I used to, yes, but this keyboard is that good to where I find myself only typing half a word and letting it fill in, sometimes just tapping through a sentence without even touching the keyboard. Simple ones mind you, but still.

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it will. I am not sure, but I noticed that dooming from using the swype keyboard. But as said, the predictive text for me is worth the little hold down to bring up the microphone. Do I wish I could just hit the button like I used to, yes, but this keyboard is that good to where I find myself only typing half a word and letting it fill in, sometimes just tapping through a sentence without even touching the keyboard. Simple ones mind you, but still.
Thanks. I know I could use another keyboard but I like the stock Samsung as it has the numbers on the top. I am not sure but I believe the Sprint version has the microphone there available for use at all times. I have to confirm though. I am trying to find if this issue is isolated to ATT or not.

TheOldComputerDude

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a bit of an old thread but if you long press the key that contains the microphone symbol etc. and subsequently select said microphone,it then becomes the Mic key. Same would hold true if you selected of any other possibilities presented. Rather unintuitive but there you have it!

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a bit of an old thread but if you long press the key that contains the microphone symbol etc. and subsequently select said microphone,it then becomes the Mic key. Same would hold true if you selected of any other possibilities presented. Rather unintuitive but there you have it!

Thanks for the reply. I know of the long press but trying to find a way for the microphone to remain. If you long press and select other options such as the question mark for example, the question mark will remain and you do not have to long press it again to access it. Whereas with the microphone this is not the case. After you select the microphone it does not remain.

hawaiianpig

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I found this thread because I'm trying to get the microphone icon on the keyboard for my friend who has AT&T galaxy note 2. I actually have Verizon, and the microphone icon stays on the keyboard all the time and I love the feature. I guess it's a bug of AT&T, then... :(

howserow

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Help! Very often when I tap the microphone to enter voice to text does it freeze and after 30 seconds says "no network available"? It is rather frustrating and I can't figure out what it means....Anyone?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Help! Very often when I tap the microphone to enter voice to text does it freeze and after 30 seconds says "no network available"? It is rather frustrating and I can't figure out what it means....Anyone?

Means you are not connected to wifi or 3g/4g

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
DroidxCon...did they change the page format on AC. The background used to be dark not white, page formatting is all messed up now. Holy smokes it wS so nice before

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidxCon...did they change the page format on AC. The background used to be dark not white, page formatting is all messed up now. Holy smokes it wS so nice before

i dont know what you are reffering to , looks the same to me as it was yesterday?

Actually i think you may have changed the theme by accident... at the bottom of the page look for a link that says "Default style" and click it

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
i dont know what you are reffering to , looks the same to me as it was yesterday?

Actually i think you may have changed the theme by accident... at the bottom of the page look for a link that says "Default style" and click it
Actually I went manage apps...all...internet..flushed the cache and restarted. Obviously it dumped all the pages so I went to ac...forums and its back to normal. I see at the bottom it says default. What happens when you click it?