Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Default Re: Screen protector needed?

thanks to Igreenberg for a great post , really helpful !!

thanks for the video ! very helpful !
    Last edited by qveda; 11-18-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: oops sorry for the duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post

They are also available @ Amazon and other stores. Does not look like AC store has it though...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    What one do you guys prefer, regular or anti-glare?
    SPIGEN SGP @ Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 2 N7100 Screen Protector

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use one just because I have scratched screens before. Gorilla glass is not scratch proof just resistant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Which screen protectors for the Note 2 does Best Buy fequently carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Which screen protectors for the Note 2 does Best Buy fequently carry?
    As far as I know the only screen protectors they carry, for all devices, are Zagg. They've got a deal.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    As far as I know the only screen protectors they carry, for all devices, are Zagg. They've got a deal.
    I was a fan of Zagg till I've had it replaces twice. They still scratch easily. I may try another brand.

Ok that is the only one I have ever seen there as well. On a side note, I heard the ZAGG SMUDGE PROOF protector works well for the Note 2. However, I heard the Zagg specifically designed for the Note 2 is lousy. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.
    I'm gonna try these. Thanks for posting them.

Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.
    So what one do you suggest for our N2? I see they have like 3 or 4 different kinds. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Ok that is the only one I have ever seen there as well. On a side note, I heard the ZAGG SMUDGE PROOF protector works well for the Note 2. However, I heard the Zagg specifically designed for the Note 2 is lousy. Anyone got any info on this? Thanks.
    Have not used the Zagg smudge proof, but I can tell you that the regular Invisibleshield (not HD) is absolute crap on this phone. I tore mine off after only one week because it made the screen look terrible. Plus, the S-Pen indented it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?
    I use the spigen SPG (the one for your eyes 16.99) and is the bomb. It's like it's not even there. Looks like I'm looking into glass while adding the benefit of a screen protector. As far as the fit. Is true that they don't go all the way to the edges of the screen. That's because the screen is bezeled around the entire front edge. It fits nicely on the screen but there is a 3-5 mm gap around the screen. It bothered me the first day I had it but now is no big deal. Especially for the trade off of what you're getting. It's totally worth it. Oh, and the spen works great on it too. No sticky feeling just a smooth writing surface. How this helps you make a decision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    So what one do you suggest for our N2? I see they have like 3 or 4 different kinds. Thanks.
    Just depends on what you like.

1. Ultra Crystal - once on you don't know it's there, which means you do get fingerprints.

2. Anti Glare - less fingerprints, but dulls the screen clarity.

3. Ultra Oleophobic - resists oils, but maintains more clarity.
    Thanked by 2:
    maximu5 and ska916jedi like this.

Thank you guys. Have you tried the lates Ultra Optics model? Do you think that would mess with the screen? Its confusing on the description.

Thank you guys. Have you tried the lates Ultra Optics model? Do you think that would mess with the screen? Its confusing on the description.
    The Ultra Optics is an anti glare shield that very clear. However, I found that the material made an odd sound when swiping across it with one's finger.

Ok. So do you guys recommend the ultra crysral (sq) or the ultra oleophobic?

Good question

From the website

All of our screen protectors are Japanese made, enhanced optical hard films. Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic screen protectors are both clear type where it absolutely doesn't affect the screen image quality. Ultra Crystal has glass-like surface coating with the best resistance against scratches. Ultra Oleophobic has an oil resistant coating to resist oil and other contaminants. Ultra Fine screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors. Ultra Optics is our newest product which is anti-fingerprint and anti-glare and does not interfere with retina display

I am going to stay away from the fine since they say "it is less clear compared to other steinheil screen protectors"

Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?
    I have the SPG and you are right, it does not cover the whole screen on the Note2. That's because the Note2 has slightly rounded edges and it would not fit correctly if it went to the edge. This doesn't affect the product to me, what does though is that it is extremely hard to put on correctly (lots of bubbles) and terrible directions. I would recommend something else...

You can not go wrong with either.

I will comment here. I installed a SGP Crystal screen protector on my note 2 and a week in it got scratched. The scratch is not that bad but visible during use. So yes, always install a screen protector no matter what.

Matt it got scratched WITH the screen protector on or it got scratched BEFORE you put the screen protector on?

Quote Originally Posted by Elly44 View Post
    I was unable to quickly find a case or screen protector that I liked. So when I got my white Note 2, I decided to just get Ghost Armor to protect it till I go on an all out search. There is a kiosk right in the mall where the AT&T store is. It's full body and it cost $35.00 plus tax. I am really unexpectedly happy with this. I have tried these skins before. They are very difficult for me to install. I've done it, but it's been a struggle, came out okay, but not perfect. They install it for you and it is perfect. It is crystal clear and very hard. It also gives a better grip to the phone, but not sticky like Zagg. It's like having a naked phone but better. I carry it in a clip pouch to the pocket of my jeans or in my handbag. Works great! I probably won't buy a case now until I can find one like I had for the Note 1 that is very low profile and has a kickstand that works in portrait mode. Do love the kickstand, but now feel no pressure to buy until the right one, in a color I like comes along.
    Elly44
    Does the S Pen work ok with the Ghost Armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Elly44 View Post
    I was unable to quickly find a case or screen protector that I liked. So when I got my white Note 2, I decided to just get Ghost Armor to protect it till I go on an all out search. There is a kiosk right in the mall where the AT&T store is. It's full body and it cost $35.00 plus tax. I am really unexpectedly happy with this. I have tried these skins before. They are very difficult for me to install. I've done it, but it's been a struggle, came out okay, but not perfect. They install it for you and it is perfect. It is crystal clear and very hard. It also gives a better grip to the phone, but not sticky like Zagg. It's like having a naked phone but better. I carry it in a clip pouch to the pocket of my jeans or in my handbag. Works great! I probably won't buy a case now until I can find one like I had for the Note 1 that is very low profile and has a kickstand that works in portrait mode. Do love the kickstand, but now feel no pressure to buy until the right one, in a color I like comes along.
    Elly44

How much do they charge you for install?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast