Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

Default Re: Screen protector needed?

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Spigen is the absolute best.

Once applied right you can not even tell it's there (at least with the Ultra Crystal and Ultra Oleophobic).

So essentially there's no reason NOT to use one. You're protecting your screen without sacrificing a thing, except for $13.99.
    Which one do you have? I want one that doesn't affect the quality of that beautiful display.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rgarcia900 View Post
    Which one do you have? I want one that doesn't affect the quality of that beautiful display.
    Ultra Crystal
    Thanked by 2:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Ultra Crystal
    Thats all I wanted hear. I just ordered mine off their site. I hope they are fast shippers and that I can install it without bubbles.

I have always used Zagg shields on every device I have ever owned. I know in the past, certain cases seem to catch the edges and cause the Zagg to peel a little in the corners or edges, wherever it is catching. I got my Galaxy Note 2 last week and put a Zagg HD on it before I even left the store. I absolutely love the look and feel of it, definitely better than the original Zagg. I am afraid to put a case on my phone for fear of it peeling around the edges. My question is, does anyone experience the same issue with the Zagg or the Spigen? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1 View Post
    I have always used Zagg shields on every device I have ever owned. I know in the past, certain cases seem to catch the edges and cause the Zagg to peel a little in the corners or edges, wherever it is catching. I got my Galaxy Note 2 last week and put a Zagg HD on it before I even left the store. I absolutely love the look and feel of it, definitely better than the original Zagg. I am afraid to put a case on my phone for fear of it peeling around the edges. My question is, does anyone experience the same issue with the Zagg or the Spigen? Thanks in advance.
    How did you get the HD model? I'm not liking my regualr Zagg.

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    How did you get the HD model? I'm not liking my regualr Zagg.
    They sold them at Best Buy where I purchased my phone.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco1 View Post
    They sold them at Best Buy where I purchased my phone.
    Huh, didn't see them the other day when I went. What makes it different than the regular?

Huh, didn't see them the other day when I went. What makes it different than the regular?
    They don't have the "rubbery" feel than the original, less of the orange peel texture and crisper looking screen.
    ska916jedi likes this.

I didn't like the orange peel effect with the Zagg

The Nottinator

Zagg doesnt show an HD version for the note2 on their website.

I've always used Zagg but tried spigen based on the reviews here. Here are my thoughts:

Zagg hd still has a slight orange peel effect but much better than the original. Its much clearer and smoother than the regular. The spigen is very clear but much harder. I've noticed this causes the screen protector to scratch more easily. I also like that zagg has free replacements especially since there's a kiosk near my house.

If i could find Zagg hd I would take it over spigen, spigen over regular zagg.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

[IMG][/IMG]
    ska916jedi likes this.

I just ordered this Realook screen protector that appears to be all-in-one:
    1. Anti Glare
    2. Anti Fingerprint
    3. Crystal Clear
    4. Oleophobic
    5. Privacy Protection
    6. Washable
    7. Reusable
    8. Residue Free

I'm for the Residue Free and Privacy Protection.

Amazon.com: REALOOK Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / II Screen Protector, Crystal Clear 2-PK: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Username: likes this.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    I just ordered this Realook screen protector that appears to be all-in-one:
    1. Anti Glare
    2. Anti Fingerprint
    3. Crystal Clear
    4. Oleophobic
    5. Privacy Protection
    6. Washable
    7. Reusable
    8. Residue Free

I'm for the Residue Free and Privacy Protection.

Amazon.com: REALOOK Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / II Screen Protector, Crystal Clear 2-PK: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Never heard of Realook before. Once you get them and use them for a bit, please give us your review and feedback.
    ska916jedi likes this.

I like the feel of Zagg though. I'll take this regualr Zagg off once my Spigen comes in, but now I'm worried about the Spigen because you guys say it scratches easily? How's it a screen protector then? LoL

The screen protector itself i noticed scratches easily because it's so hard. The actual screen is fine.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

I normally don't put a shield on the front. Just the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

Just installed the Zagg HD on the front and the xtremeguard on the rear. The zagg is perfect for the s pen...no catching or leaving marks...just smooth. The xtremeguard would definitely not be good for the pen...a little stickier, but a perfect combo for front and back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like Moshi made one for the Note 2. You can can check for store availability and pick it up at your local AT&T store.

I guess we don't need a screen protector after all?!?!

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    I guess we don't need a screen protector after all?!?!

So tired is seeing these stupid knife tests. It's not metal that scratches your screen...it's dirt/sand that does it. Sand is harder than metal...end of story. Feel free to go naked, but don't complain when your screen looks like .

ska916jedi likes this.

I like the feel of Zagg though. I'll take this regualr Zagg off once my Spigen comes in, but now I'm worried about the Spigen because you guys say it scratches easily? How's it a screen protector then? LoL
    I just put my Spigen on and it's really like not having a screen protector on, but I dont like it's feel. I'm use to the nice Zagg feel. Not sure what I'll do since I wasted my first Spigen trying to get bubbles out. I got my sencond one on perfect. I'll give it a few days and see if I want to try the Zagg HD.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

The moshi so far would be the best bet, because it allows the full screen, edge to edge, is be protected, and it does both fingerprint and antiglare, but it is a little dull... no addition problems with it, just don't want to part 30! but the glas.t for the original note was good. can't wait for a new one to be released for the Note 2

I just put my Spigen on and it's really like not having a screen protector on, but I dont like it's feel. I'm use to the nice Zagg feel. Not sure what I'll do since I wasted my first Spigen trying to get bubbles out. I got my sencond one on perfect. I'll give it a few days and see if I want to try the Zagg HD.
    I also just put on my Spigen Oleophobic. Followed Igreenberg's video (first page of this thread) and got it on first try with no bubbles.
    It visually 'disappears' on the Note 2, but doesn't feel quite as glassy as the bare screen (which I love). but overall I'm pretty satisfied.
    lgreenberg and ska916jedi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    Just installed the Zagg HD on the front and the xtremeguard on the rear. The zagg is perfect for the s pen...no catching or leaving marks...just smooth. The xtremeguard would definitely not be good for the pen...a little stickier, but a perfect combo for front and back.

Really? Most of the reviews I have read on the Zagg HD have been negative, mainly due to the marks left on the protectors by the S pen. Reviews of the Zagg smudge free seem to be a little better.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?
    I think they do that on purpose. Il like it cause when I put a case on the edges don't get pushed up

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast