Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Default Re: Screen protector needed?

I also like how Spigen (SGP) stops their screen protectors short of the edge. My Zagg Invisible Shield HD kept getting pushed up and bubbled on the edges by my case. I left it on out of fear of scratching my device and dealt with the annoying bubbles until my Spigen Ultra Crystal screen protector arrived. I love the look and feel of it much better and appreciate the small gap at the edge of the screen. It may bother some people but bubbles and having to constantly try to reapply the edges of my screen protector annoy me to no end.

Need a good case and a good clear case that is not too expensive. Not sure which ones are the best. Need help to decide.

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shamatuu View Post
    Need a good case and a good clear case that is not too expensive. Not sure which ones are the best. Need help to decide.
    I'm using the SGP Ultra Thin Air right now and love it. Very thin so doesn't add much bulk to the device and slides in and out of pockets with ease. Not going to provide much drop protection but it does the job for protecting against scratches from everyday use. As for a clear case the selection is kind of thin right now but I bought a cheap clear/frost TPU case from Cimo on Amazon and really like it and use it when I feel I might need a little drop protection. Not much bulk but not as thin as the Ultra Thin Air.

Quote Originally Posted by shamatuu View Post
    Flexishield clear

The Zagg smudge proof dulls the beautiful screen to say the least. The Zagg HD keeps the screen looking amazing but I have not tested the S pen with it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    I hear on amazon ,some complain about SPG (and perhaps all brands) that the size does not fully cover the beautiful Note 2 screen, so you see the edges and it is a bit annoying. anyone using SPG care to comment on the size issue ?
    The problem is the Curved screen. The edges peel up if they make it edge to edge. Same issue with the Galaxy S3.
    They actually had to redesign after the first batch was made to the edge.

They make a Curved Crystal for the GS3 that is made to curve with the SCREEN and is edge to edge. They replied to an email and said they have no plans to make for Note 2 though. Larger screen was hard to make right or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Quote:
    Thanks for the feedback! We are getting more requests although we are a bit worried that the Curved Crystal will scratch too easily for such a large display screen as the Note 2.

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

I cannot imagine a protector fitting any better than the Zagg HD...you literally cannot see the edges of it...fits like a glove. There are a few marks from the spen, but only if you look at the screen when it's dark and from the side. You cannot see them at all when the screen is on while using the phone. That's fine with me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    I cannot imagine a protector fitting any better than the Zagg HD...you literally cannot see the edges of it...fits like a glove. There are a few marks from the spen, but only if you look at the screen when it's dark and from the side. You cannot see them at all when the screen is on while using the phone. That's fine with me.

Ya it fits nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    I just put my Spigen on and it's really like not having a screen protector on, but I dont like it's feel. I'm use to the nice Zagg feel. Not sure what I'll do since I wasted my first Spigen trying to get bubbles out. I got my sencond one on perfect. I'll give it a few days and see if I want to try the Zagg HD.
    Spigen is the way to go. I'm now a fan. Thanks!

I just tested the s pen with the zagg hd and you explained it perfectly. You can see the marks from the pen ONLY when its dark and you look at it just right from the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I just tested the s pen with the zagg hd and you explained it perfectly. You can see the marks from the pen ONLY when its dark and you look at it just right from the side.
    Not trying to be difficult, but are you not worried the issue will get worse?
    I know most protectors are not meant to be permanent, but my Spigen on GSIII is pristine after 3-4 months.

When I get my note 2, I will try the same.
    I do like the thought of a full front coverage though....

If you go with a nice case (covers the edges), you can't go wrong with the spigen. I'm waiting on my ballistic case to come in!
    LazrRocketArm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Not trying to be difficult, but are you not worried the issue will get worse?
    I know most protectors are not meant to be permanent, but my Spigen on GSIII is pristine after 3-4 months.

When I get my note 2, I will try the same.
    I do like the thought of a full front coverage though....

Yes its annoying but I hardly ever use the s pen so it's not that big of an issue for me. If you use the s pen a lot I wouldn't get the Zagg.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

I am looking for more info on the GHOST ARMOR? Curious to know if it works well with the S Pen. I am hoping it is not like the ZAGG HD which leaves marks all over the screen protector.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #91  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

So tired is seeing these stupid knife tests. It's not metal that scratches your screen...it's dirt/sand that does it. Sand is harder than metal...end of story. Feel free to go naked, but don't complain when your screen looks like .

I AGREE

ZAGG HD all the way

Global Posts
    729 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by b0btech View Post
    ZAGG HD all the way

Sorry...not for the Note 2...one of the worst if you use your s pen

ska916jedi likes this.

You got that right. I took off the Zagg HD and replaced it with the Ghost Armor.

- - - Updated - - -

You got that right. I took off the Zagg HD and replaced it with the Ghost Armor.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NHBass39 View Post
    Is a screen protector needed for the note2? How many use them?
    I don't dare pay the money I do for a device and then not do whatever I can to protect them. Zagg all the way!!

I am looking for more info on the GHOST ARMOR? Curious to know if it works well with the S Pen. I am hoping it is not like the ZAGG HD which leaves marks all over the screen protector.
    I got the Ghost Armor on it now and it is much better. The S Pen barely leaves any marks on the protector and the marks that it does leave (which are faint), go away with time due to Ghost Armor's "self healing" design. Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

- - - Updated - - -
    Thanked by:

+1 on the Spigen oleophobic

Thanks for the recommendations!
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly44 View Post
    I was unable to quickly find a case or screen protector that I liked. So when I got my white Note 2, I decided to just get Ghost Armor to protect it till I go on an all out search. There is a kiosk right in the mall where the AT&T store is. It's full body and it cost $35.00 plus tax. I am really unexpectedly happy with this. I have tried these skins before. They are very difficult for me to install. I've done it, but it's been a struggle, came out okay, but not perfect. They install it for you and it is perfect. It is crystal clear and very hard. It also gives a better grip to the phone, but not sticky like Zagg. It's like having a naked phone but better. I carry it in a clip pouch to the pocket of my jeans or in my handbag. Works great! I probably won't buy a case now until I can find one like I had for the Note 1 that is very low profile and has a kickstand that works in portrait mode. Do love the kickstand, but now feel no pressure to buy until the right one, in a color I like comes along.
    Elly44
    Just wondring if you still have the ghost armour on? if so do you still like it and how does it work with the s pen? did you get a color or just the full body clear? Thanks

do you have the ghost armor on the whole phone? did you get a color on the back or go with just a clear? very intrested in anything you can tell me about the ghost armor. Are you using a case?

I got the Ghost Armor on it now and it is much better. The S Pen barely leaves any marks on the protector and the marks that it does leave (which are faint), go away with time due to Ghost Armor's "self healing" design. Just a heads up if anyone is interested.

- - - Updated - - -
    do you have the ghost armor on the whole phone? did you get a color on the back or go with just a clear? very intrested in anything you can tell me about the ghost armor. Are you using a case?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast