Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED notification: can you change the color for certain notification?

Hi guys,
    I wanted to know are you able to have a specific LED color for a specific notification?

Like can I make it blink green for missed call, make it blue for text notification, etc.?
    Or is there only one color for all those notification?
    I went to the LED indicator settings and it doesn't seem like it has much customization.

Not a big deal, but was just curious if this was possible.

Thanks

Default Re: LED notification: can you change the color for certain notification?

There's an app from the play store called lightflow that does exactly what you want, but it still has some kinks to work out for use on the Note 2.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

Default Re: LED notification: can you change the color for certain notification?

Im using Light Manager on mine and it seems to work pretty well. See a random light every once in awhile but thats the only quirk I've noticed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you guys for your response.

When getting a missed call etc. do you guys know how long it stays blinking? (For the Stock notification setting)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsgoboom View Post

When getting a missed call etc. do you guys know how long it stays blinking? (For the Stock notification setting)

Thank you
    I believe until you bring your phone out of sleep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Thingsgoboom View Post

Thank you
    Blinks till you wake up the phone.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

So I was checking out these apps on the play store and they don't seem to work right with either the phone or jelly bean. Anyone have any other apps?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Im looking for a good app for led customization too. Any input out there?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

^^^^ +1

I'm using light managerand its wiring great. I made custom colors as some were off in there scale, but you can test them by selecting test, hiring your power button to put it to screen off abs it will show the color. I want to say that it of the stock colors, only one didn't work.

The other thing is that within the default settings, many of the default colors mimic the stock notification colors.

Sent from Note 2 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Light Manager works perfectly fine!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Can you give individual contacts there own led notification color ?

There is another app that does this very well. SMS Popup. Just make sure you disable the popup part if you just want notification bar text notifications.