AT&T Galaxy Note 2 - Android File Transfer not working

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my note 2, Android file transfer worked. I'm on a mac book pro and was able to transfer files to the SD card. But now Android file transfer does not work. It says that it cannot connect when I plug my note 2 in. Kies works just fine but Android file transfer does not. So I know it's not a connection problem.

My work around is to take the micro SD card out and put it into my Mac using the adapter it came with. I don't like this solution as I might damage that little card.

Anyone else having this problem?

Spoke with Samsung technical support just now. Fixed the problem by using the Tools menu of Kies to redownload drivers on my Mac. Now Android file transfer works. Phew!

Last edited:

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android File Transfer not working

I had the same issue with the S3 and my MacBook Air, I uninstalled Kies and reinstalled Android File Transfer and finally got it working again. I have also read about others having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I had the same issue with the S3 and my MacBook Air, I uninstalled Kies and reinstalled Android File Transfer and finally got it working again. I have also read about others having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Thanks! I just tried this. Uninstalled keys on my Mac. Also uninstalled Android file transfer. Restarted my phone. Restarted my Mac. Reinstalled Android file transfer. Connected. Android file transfer still says it can't connect. Darn.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Spoke with Samsung technical support just now. Fixed the problem by using the Tools menu of Kies to redownload drivers on my Mac. Now Android file transfer works. Phew!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

aburman1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

You need to uninstall Kies using the Kies uninstaller that is part of the DMG. Then Android File Transfer works with the phone in The MTP mode. It works. Apparently Kies and Android File Transfer can't coexist. Need to make sure you use the Kies uninstaller.
Alex

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

You need to uninstall Kies using the Kies uninstaller that is part of the DMG. Then Android File Transfer works with the phone in The MTP mode. It works. Apparently Kies and Android File Transfer can't coexist. Need to make sure you use the Kies uninstaller.
Alex

That is what I did to resolve issue for me.

ipaulr

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have to remove Kies. They are coexisting just fine on my note 2.

N8shon

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

Ok I just went through this too. Thanks to the good advice here, I uninstalled Kies (Mac desktop version) using the 'uninstall" on the DMG, and uninstalled AFT, restarted my comp, then installed AFT again, and I'm in business. I am still able to use Kies Air as well, although I really don't like the interface.

sunmi250

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi all,

I'm having problems with Android File Transfer too. It was working just great...until I accidentally yanked the USB cord out of the port right in the middle of a transfer. Since then I get the error message "Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device." I did both of those things, tried Kies, and tried Air Droid. None of them work!! Any suggestions?

Marlen Cardenas

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Okay so I uninstalled Kies, but I don't know how to uninstall AFT I've been looking but where and how do I do it? D: I'm new to Mac

rubyjay

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site

I had the same issues on Galaxy S3 with it not connecting to the Android File Transfer. It kept telling me to reconnect my device. Tried Air Droid but the transfer time is too slow. Uninstalled that and Android File Transfer from my MacBook Pro and installed Kies, seems to be working fine now. Much faster transfer when plugged into computer so happy with that.

JeromeJ

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Guys I've been having problems with this for the longest time, I followed this simple post and all my problems are gone! Don't worry about downloading other apps if your AFT doesn't work, simply do a spotlight search on your mac for kiesdmg installer and click uninstall. Trust me this works like a charm.

Alex

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21