Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cmatt1971
  • 1 Post By aburman1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy AT&T Galaxy Note 2 - Android File Transfer not working

When I first got my note 2, Android file transfer worked. I'm on a mac book pro and was able to transfer files to the SD card. But now Android file transfer does not work. It says that it cannot connect when I plug my note 2 in. Kies works just fine but Android file transfer does not. So I know it's not a connection problem.

My work around is to take the micro SD card out and put it into my Mac using the adapter it came with. I don't like this solution as I might damage that little card.

Anyone else having this problem?

Spoke with Samsung technical support just now. Fixed the problem by using the Tools menu of Kies to redownload drivers on my Mac. Now Android file transfer works. Phew!
    Last edited by ipaulr; 11-20-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Android File Transfer not working

I had the same issue with the S3 and my MacBook Air, I uninstalled Kies and reinstalled Android File Transfer and finally got it working again. I have also read about others having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Gonzalo Quintas likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I had the same issue with the S3 and my MacBook Air, I uninstalled Kies and reinstalled Android File Transfer and finally got it working again. I have also read about others having the same issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanks! I just tried this. Uninstalled keys on my Mac. Also uninstalled Android file transfer. Restarted my phone. Restarted my Mac. Reinstalled Android file transfer. Connected. Android file transfer still says it can't connect. Darn.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulr View Post
    Thanks! I just tried this. Uninstalled keys on my Mac. Also uninstalled Android file transfer. Restarted my phone. Restarted my Mac. Reinstalled Android file transfer. Connected. Android file transfer still says it can't connect. Darn.
    Try airdroid
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid
    Thanked by 3:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Nazzi Muhammad View Post
    What a great recommendation! Thank you!!

Try airdroid
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....sand.airdroid

What a great recommendation! Thank you!!
    Totally...... Fantastic app.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Spoke with Samsung technical support just now. Fixed the problem by using the Tools menu of Kies to redownload drivers on my Mac. Now Android file transfer works. Phew!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

You need to uninstall Kies using the Kies uninstaller that is part of the DMG. Then Android File Transfer works with the phone in The MTP mode. It works. Apparently Kies and Android File Transfer can't coexist. Need to make sure you use the Kies uninstaller.
    Alex
    Thanked by 2:
    JeromeJ likes this.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by aburman1 View Post
    You need to uninstall Kies using the Kies uninstaller that is part of the DMG. Then Android File Transfer works with the phone in The MTP mode. It works. Apparently Kies and Android File Transfer can't coexist. Need to make sure you use the Kies uninstaller.
    Alex
    That is what I did to resolve issue for me.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I didn't have to remove Kies. They are coexisting just fine on my note 2.

Thank God. lol I almost threw my Android over the Golden Gate Bridge. NO JOKE

Ok I just went through this too. Thanks to the good advice here, I uninstalled Kies (Mac desktop version) using the 'uninstall" on the DMG, and uninstalled AFT, restarted my comp, then installed AFT again, and I'm in business. I am still able to use Kies Air as well, although I really don't like the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazzi Muhammad View Post
    I had seen AirDroid and was going to install it until I looked at the permissions it requires. It can take pictures and videos without permission; read, send, and modify both SMS and MMS messages; and read and modify your contacts.

Hi all,

I'm having problems with Android File Transfer too. It was working just great...until I accidentally yanked the USB cord out of the port right in the middle of a transfer. Since then I get the error message "Could not connect to device. Try reconnecting or restarting your device." I did both of those things, tried Kies, and tried Air Droid. None of them work!! Any suggestions?

Okay so I uninstalled Kies, but I don't know how to uninstall AFT I've been looking but where and how do I do it? D: I'm new to Mac

THANKS A LOT!!
    It worked with my iMac Mountain Lion & Galaxy Note 10.1

I had the same issues on Galaxy S3 with it not connecting to the Android File Transfer. It kept telling me to reconnect my device. Tried Air Droid but the transfer time is too slow. Uninstalled that and Android File Transfer from my MacBook Pro and installed Kies, seems to be working fine now. Much faster transfer when plugged into computer so happy with that.

happy to read this helpful SOLUTION!!!

possible solution to your issue!!
    miastechblog | Technology among other things.

Guys I've been having problems with this for the longest time, I followed this simple post and all my problems are gone! Don't worry about downloading other apps if your AFT doesn't work, simply do a spotlight search on your mac for kiesdmg installer and click uninstall. Trust me this works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by aburman1 View Post
    Alex

Default Re: Android File Transfer not working in Galaxy Note2

I was keenly going through the posts since I was also facing a problem in accessing my mobile files from Galaxy Note2 through my Macair(my first purchase of an apple product). It was disgusting since the same used to be a cake walk on other window based laptops.
    After lot of research on web and installing / uninstalling Kies & Android file transfer few times, finally Kies started working. If you are interested in accessing your documents also apart from media files, my suggestion is to go for Kies. Install Kies on your mac from samsung site. Connect your galaxy via USB cable to Mac. Swipe from the top and select the MTP mode in mobile. After few seconds your storage will be shown in Mac display. On the left side, Music, Videos, Photoes... etc are shown. On the right side if you click on the storage symbol at the end of the bar of your device, it will show all folders and files including media files contained in all your storage including external storage. From my experience, "Android file transfer " application is working only in the camera mode, and not in MTP mode and therefore you can access only photoes and no other document files from the mobile device.

Default Re: Android File Transfer not working in Galaxy Note2

hi guys,
    can any one tell me how to uninstall android file transfer from my mac book im struggling with how to do it probably easy but i cant grasp it HELP lol cheers.

Im not sure if it will fix your problem but I was having the same issue after I updated to windows 8.1. The comluter would recognize it but mtp wasnt working. What worked for me was goind to settings>developer options and turning on usb debugging after that it worked fine again. Not sure if it will work on the mac but its worth a shot I suppose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app