Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default pocketBlu movies to SD?

I have gotten this to work well on my notes 2. Downloaded a movie no problem. However I want to have it on the external SD rather than internal memory. Is there a way to get this to the external memory and still have it play?

ROM
    Stock Root

Default Re: pocketBlu movies to SD?

Quote Originally Posted by ipaulr View Post
    I have gotten this to work well on my notes 2. Downloaded a movie no problem. However I want to have it on the external SD rather than internal memory. Is there a way to get this to the external memory and still have it play?
    Im also wondering how to move movies to SD. I got a HD dark knight rises movie in the phone storage that is taking 5 GBs and keep getting errors when trying to move to SD card.
    Cingular Samsung SGH-D357>AT&T Samsung BlackJack II>AT&T Samsung Impression>AT&T Samsung Jack>AT&T iPhone 3G>AT&T iPhone 4>Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Touch>Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE> AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II> AT&T HTC One

The error message is due to the file size and how the SD card is formatted. I too have a large movie (similar to yours) I'd like to put on the SD card, but FAT32 formatting on the card won't let you transfer anything larger the 4 GB in size. If someone could shed some light on how to format an SD card to NTFS in Windows 7, that would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by surebuttercringe View Post
    The error message is due to the file size and how the SD card is formatted. I too have a large movie (similar to yours) I'd like to put on the SD card, but FAT32 formatting on the card won't let you transfer anything larger the 4 GB in size. If someone could shed some light on how to format an SD card to NTFS in Windows 7, that would be greatly appreciated.
    In order for the sd card to work in your phone out has to be formatted on your phone not a laptop or desktop. Try relating it on you phone and see if that works. Why is the file size so big. I have 7 or 8 movies on my sd card and they're all 1-2gb's not 5. I use a software called any dvd pro. It'll convert all your movies protected or not and make them compatible for your phone. This way you can fit way more movies and stuff on your sd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The phone will only format in FAT32. The reason that the file size is so big is because it is high quality and it is a 3 hour movie.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by surebuttercringe View Post
    The phone will only format in FAT32. The reason that the file size is so big is because it is high quality and it is a 3 hour movie.

I think if you'll give any dvd a try you'll be very happy with it and quite surprised. If i remember correctly you can convert 3 movies for free before having to shell out the 35 $ it costs. At least back when I bought it that's the way it was. I never have had to format my sd into anything except fat32.

I prefer the higher quality and larger file sizes. I watch these movies on more than just my phone so I want the highest definition I can get and would rather not convert it twice.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by inspectagadget1973 View Post
    I think if you'll give any dvd a try you'll be very happy with it and quite surprised. If i remember correctly you can convert 3 movies for free before having to shell out the 35 $ it costs. At least back when I bought it that's the way it was. I never have had to format my sd into anything except fat32.

My movie is just 900 megabytes. AnyDVD pro sounds great. But I search for it in the App Store and could not find it.

My movie is just 900 megabytes. AnyDVD pro sounds great. But I search for it in the App Store and could not find it.
    Is a windows program. Then transfer the converted file via usb to your device.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ah! Got it. I use Mac, but I could get it on my wifes Windows PC. Thanks!

How do you like tap a talk?

Ah! Got it. I use Mac, but I could get it on my wifes Windows PC. Thanks!

How do you like tap a talk?
    Love it.