1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default At&t sn2 $200 + s3 $100 (ymmv)

Posted this on Slickdeals, but...

FWIW:Samsung Galaxy Note 2: $200 GS3: $100. (AT&T) YMMV.
    For what it's worth. Called 611 direct from my FULL upgrade eligible line, the other line did not present the same menu options!!! (and got disconnected when choosing to speak to cust svc, hmmmm...) I was also PAINFULLY polite through this entire convo series.

I am on an AT&T mobile shared data plan with my wife. I am the account holder. I have been an AT&T customer since 2001, w/out contract since 2003. My wife was under contract on my account until 3/2014. Full upgrade discount eligible 10/13/12. The key here was we wanted to upgrade 2 lines and she could not due so for a year. AT&T refused to budge on simply moving her upgrade up. Believe me, I tried. I am not sure how far the reach was, but we both had iPhones, her having a new 4S bought under contract in March of 2012.

In the interest of brevity and past/future deal info I spoke to a customer service mgr (got normal cust svc rep and asked for 2nd level after 2 minutes of conversation). I was able to negotiate a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (new, Marble White bleh) for $200 and my wife to OBTAIN NEARLY A YEAR EARLY (upgrade due 10/13/13), an S3 (were given choice of color) for $100. Total $300+tax and upgrade fees though I plan to call back and attempt to get them waived. Not holding my breath due to circumstances. (wanted me to pay $350 for a NEW Note2, $250 for a new GS3, originally, but I held out. In hindsight I tried to negotiate as a businessperson. I should have asked for straight bottom-line price. Would have saved time if not money.)

In hindsight I might have gotten a better deal, but despite my knowledge of BF deals (ie GS3 @ $0.96 at Sam's Club) I told the manager after 30 min that $200 for a GN2 and $100 for a GS3 would make me happy and she immediately agreed. D'oh! Should have asked for less, however...

This is a worthy trade for me as AT&T has been beyond excellent in terms of service coverage etc in the areas we have lived. NW Arkansas, Milwaukee and St Louis. (4G, coverage, blah blah). Voice and simultaneous data is priceless, suck it Verizon.

End story, we got a year's early upgrade, sync'd our contracts for future negotiations/upgrades/termination/etc. Plus the ability to use NFC as new parents to sync pics and videos/etc. Not to mention general upgrades over our respective iPhone 4/4s. And as a man, my phone is once again better than hers. All for the normal retail price of the phone I originally wanted. Not as sweet as my earlier deal post, but I'm happy and more important, so is Mrs. Cadoras.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Default Re: At&t sn2 $200 + s3 $100 (ymmv)

Congrats!

Actually not surprised, though. AT&T of late has been bending over backwards for their Premier customers. I honestly am beginning to think that $199 is the "standard" price for a Note 2 for Premier customers who call in and ask politely.

I hope this isn't a thread hijack, but how do you become a Premier customer?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I believe I had to register with a company I used to work for. There was a code I had to enter. I'd have to look it up now.

As for the bending over backwards, the lady really refused to work with me and I had to try a variety of tactics. She wouldn't lower the price of the GN2 from $350, which is laughable to being with. She outright refused to upgrade my wife's line or help me out at all until all of a sudden she just asked for a number and said ok. Personally I think it was the end of the call center hours and she just wanted to get me off the phone and go home. I'm not sorry at all.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    I317UCALJ2

I ended up buying both. Note 2 for me and S3 for my daughter... i exchanged my note yesterday due to connectivity problems and the new one not much better..

I have a second line on my account that isn't due for an upgrade until Feb of 13, I wonder if I can get them to budge.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!