SanDisk 64 gig ultra incompatible with Note?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
On the forum, one of the ops posted that the above SanDisk SD Card is incompatible with the Galaxy Note2? Can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the 32 gig SanDisk Ultra as well?
Thank you in advance

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
On the forum, one of the ops posted that the above SanDisk SD Card is incompatible with the Galaxy Note2? Can anyone confirm this and does this apply to the 32 gig SanDisk Ultra as well?
Thank you in advance

Most likey needs to be formatted in the phone, I have a SanDisk Ultra64 microSDXC UHS-1 that I plan to pop into my new N2 later today, I'll update this post on my results.

Update: My SanDisk Ultra64 microSDXC UHS-1 works great in my Note 2....

Last edited:

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you in advance

My SanDisk micro sd works just fine in my note 2. You do have to format in the phone tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mobimop

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Planoman,
Does the SD card (64 gig SanDisk) contribute any benefit to the GN2's performance.?

Not that the Note 2 needs it but a slow SD card could contribute to slow read and writes for photos, videos, etc. Best to get the fastest you can afford.

redmoss6

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I installed a 32gb SanDisk Ultra in my Note 2 and it works just fine. I did format it before I did anything else because I read somewhere that that's a good practice, but other than that, I just popped it in.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Planoman,
Does the SD card (64 gig SanDisk) contribute any benefit to the GN2's performance.?

Not really other than giving you a lot of storage. I take a lot of pictures and video and the HD video eats up the storage! I got the class 10 because I thought it would make a difference. I do see a difference when transferring things on my computer as the class 10 is faster. It is the best you can get right now but still not as fast as internal memory. That is probably why when taking pictures in burst mode, they go into the internal memory. I do like having the 64 GB card since you know it will be a while before filling it up.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Not really other than giving you a lot of storage. I take a lot of pictures and video and the HD video eats up the storage! I got the class 10 because I thought it would make a difference. I do see a difference when transferring things on my computer as the class 10 is faster. It is the best you can get right now but still not as fast as internal memory. That is probably why when taking pictures in burst mode, they go into the internal memory. I do like having the 64 GB card since you know it will be a while before filling it up.

Planoman,
Thank you!, did you reformat the SanDisk 64 Ultra in the GN2? If so does the Note 2 reformat it 8n Exfat32?

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Planoman,
Thank you!, did you reformat the SanDisk 64 Ultra in the GN2? If so does the Note 2 reformat it 8n Exfat32?

I did format it in the Galaxy S3 when new and then just popped it into my GN2. I believe it is formatted in exFAT. The only issue I had was trying to put one into the Galaxy Note 10.1 which needed to be FAT32. I returned the Note 10.1 and my understanding is that Samsung has since release a fix so it could accept a exFAT SD Card which is how the 64GB SDXC cards come.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I did format it in the Galaxy S3 when new and then just popped it into my GN2. I believe it is formatted in exFAT. The only issue I had was trying to put one into the Galaxy Note 10.1 which needed to be FAT32. I returned the Note 10.1 and my understanding is that Samsung has since release a fix so it could accept a exFAT SD Card which is how the 64GB SDXC cards come.

Once again you come to the rescue. Why is Everyone making such a big deal about the SanDisk 64 Ultra? Isnt exFat32 the fastest of the 3 formats? Im planning to use it for my Music storage, ringtones and sounds. I was caught completely off guard with the cant move apps to SD card thing.
I ordered it from Amazon.com already, I guess had I known about all this hoopla I probably would have ordered the 32 gig instead. Gosh, couldnt beat the price though.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Will this work okay?
SanDisk Extreme 32gig. SDHC Class 10, UHS-1 Flash memory card 45 MB/s
SDSDX-032G-AFFP
from Amazon.com

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
the card works great in the phone, had mine since release day wating, and it has always worked... the only problem or gripe i have, is the ability to move apps to SD, other than that, there are no other problems with it, it works wonderfully

nsurg

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
To the post a couple above about the "will this work" the answer is nope... that's an SD card. That will be rather tricky to put in the phone.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Of the 3 formats available, does exFat formatting offer a "Higher rate of transfer" than the other formats. Is there any advantage to exFat formatting. Lastly, is it possible the issue with moving apps to the SD card can be fixed without having to root the GN2?
This is based on the use of the microSD SanDisk 64 gig Ultra Card.

mtucker

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Here are the read/write results I got with SDTools and my Sandisk class 10 64GB micro SD card on my Note 2. I formatted it in the phone.
SDTool_Sandisk_64GB_%20class_10.jpg

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I actually saw similar graphs posted by SanDisk. I would like to understand the advantage of exFat Formatting compared to the other formats available.
Thank you in advance

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon