going from galaxy s3 to galaxy note 2? need your advise

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi All,
I am currently using AT&T GS3, but my wife needs a new phone. I am tempting to get a note 2 from walmart for $249. There is a $100 wal-mart gift card. Technically, the note 2 from walmart is only $150.

How was your experience when you switch to the Note 2 from the GS3?

robcala

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Go for it I did its a galaxy s3 on steriods it fits in the pocket perfectly the extra screen space is awesome. Once you use a 5.5 inch screen you will never go back to a normal size phone because everything seems so small.

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd say to do it if you're making the transition from an S3. I came from an S3 to the N2 and the size was something to get used to at first and (after a week) I'm still getting used to it in some ways. I still need two hands to do some things on the phone, but I'm not going to complain when the phone's screen shows more. I will warn you that it doesn't come with earbuds/headset like the S3 does :S. Go figure... It's like Samsung is cutting costs now. But overall a good phone so far. Edit: And with the newer OS and faster processors you'll notice how you can do things on your phone faster.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
It comes down to personal experience. I switched from the og note to the s3 and regretted it. I missed the s pen and the bigger screen. I thought .5" smaller screen in the s3 would not be a big deal considering the s3 is faster than the og note. Wrong! Now that I have note 2 there's no way I'm ever leaving for the next pretty girl on the market ever again. This phone is the best and very addictive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kenydroid

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
First phone to get me to drop APPLE Iphone for and not regretting it either. Everything I wanted and need all in one pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mxb54587

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Go for it I did its a galaxy s3 on steriods it fits in the pocket perfectly the extra screen space is awesome. Once you use a 5.5 inch screen you will never go back to a normal size phone because everything seems so small.

Project butter, that sexy quadcore processer, and 4.1 take ALMOST all the lag out of toutchwiz, its very noticeable if your going from a gs3 to a note too. I actually use stock toutchwiz and I love it. Finally I have a phone I dont have to tweak, hack, or root to get the experience I want. Its so refreshing

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely loving my Note 2. When I upgraded I didn't want to spend the extra dollars for the note but my Galaxy 3 was apparently made on Monday or Friday cuz it had some troubles. Finally said heck with it and went for the note 2 and am absolutely loving the screen size. Also have put go launcher on it and it is so speedy. I'm not all t:cool:hat knowledgeableabout specs & such but imust say quad core rocks. :D:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol