1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Default Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

I just bought my Note today, and I used it a bit before getting down to serious charging. It seems to be going really slooooooooowly. Is this par for the course?
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

Use the charger that came with it
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

People mention it charging slowly but remember the thing likely has a much bigger battery than any other phone you are coming from.

Just charge the thing when you go to sleep and it will be ready in the morning. If that doesn't work you either didn't get enough sleep or something is wrong.

Other than that the battery and power savings are good enough that it's unlikely to need to be charged in the day, ever.

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    People mention it charging slowly but remember the thing likely has a much bigger battery than any other phone you are coming from. .
    This...the battery is huge it can take a while to charge

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Actually, Itsaraid was right. I was using a "super" charger. It was supposed to be faster. I plugged it in to the charger it came with, and it started charging at a much faster rate. Thanks, Itsa.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    Actually, Itsaraid was right. I was using a "super" charger. It was supposed to be faster. I plugged it in to the charger it came with, and it started charging at a much faster rate. Thanks, Itsa.
    Glad you figured it out...I wouldn't really recommend using any other chargers anyway

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser

Default Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

I have a battery charger and extra battery. The battery is fully charged now and plan to put it into Note2 when it arrives. Then I will have full battery to begin with

If you use the charger it comes with It'll actually charge within 2-3 hours of you plugging it in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

In order to conveniently charge my Note 2, I am trying some 'generic' iphone outlet plugs with USB sockets and USB cords with the microUSB end.
    But it doesn't seem to be working. In fact, when plugged into an elect strip at my desk, it just treads water (remains at the same charging level for a very long time).
    When I simply use a USB socket on my laptop, the charging actually goes DOWN (!), the % charge is decreasing .

I do have every thing turned on (wifi, bluetooth etc), but jeez... Do I really have to buy several Samsung brand chargers ? Are there any less costly alternatives that will charge the Note 2 about as well as the Samsung one ?

My understanding is you can use those charger's but you need a "charge only " USB cable. These cables have 2 pins shorted that allows the phone to see the input as if it is the wall charger, thus charging at a higher amperage(2a) I ordered one of these:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    In order to conveniently charge my Note 2, I am trying some 'generic' iphone outlet plugs with USB sockets and USB cords with the microUSB end.
    But it doesn't seem to be working. In fact, when plugged into an elect strip at my desk, it just treads water (remains at the same charging level for a very long time).
    When I simply use a USB socket on my laptop, the charging actually goes DOWN (!), the % charge is decreasing .

I do have every thing turned on (wifi, bluetooth etc), but jeez... Do I really have to buy several Samsung brand chargers ? Are there any less costly alternatives that will charge the Note 2 about as well as the Samsung one ?
    I have several Motorola chargers and they seem to work great for charging the Note 2. They may not be as fast as Samsung charger, but get the job done.
    I just got my extra battery and external charger from Samsung, so I likely wont have to use them anymore.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

The stock charger is 2A, if you use a 1A charger or try charging it on PC it might be a while. .... Here is a link for some car chargers Amazon.com: 2amp car charger

I noticed that it took a very long time for my first two charges. I have used nothing but the stock charger. Third charge on was much quicker.

Lovin my Note 2!!