Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    I just bought my Note today, and I used it a bit before getting down to serious charging. It seems to be going really slooooooooowly. Is this par for the course?
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    Use the charger that came with it
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  
    maxburn's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    People mention it charging slowly but remember the thing likely has a much bigger battery than any other phone you are coming from.

    Just charge the thing when you go to sleep and it will be ready in the morning. If that doesn't work you either didn't get enough sleep or something is wrong.

    Other than that the battery and power savings are good enough that it's unlikely to need to be charged in the day, ever.
  4. #4  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    People mention it charging slowly but remember the thing likely has a much bigger battery than any other phone you are coming from. .
    This...the battery is huge it can take a while to charge

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    barskin's Avatar

    Posts
    367 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    Actually, Itsaraid was right. I was using a "super" charger. It was supposed to be faster. I plugged it in to the charger it came with, and it started charging at a much faster rate. Thanks, Itsa.
    Card Carrying Device Junkie

    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
  6. #6  
    taylorz_412's Avatar

    Posts
    2,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    Actually, Itsaraid was right. I was using a "super" charger. It was supposed to be faster. I plugged it in to the charger it came with, and it started charging at a much faster rate. Thanks, Itsa.
    Glad you figured it out...I wouldn't really recommend using any other chargers anyway

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm a superuser
  7. #7  

    Default Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    I have a battery charger and extra battery. The battery is fully charged now and plan to put it into Note2 when it arrives. Then I will have full battery to begin with
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    If you use the charger it comes with It'll actually charge within 2-3 hours of you plugging it in.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    In order to conveniently charge my Note 2, I am trying some 'generic' iphone outlet plugs with USB sockets and USB cords with the microUSB end.
    But it doesn't seem to be working. In fact, when plugged into an elect strip at my desk, it just treads water (remains at the same charging level for a very long time).
    When I simply use a USB socket on my laptop, the charging actually goes DOWN (!), the % charge is decreasing .

    I do have every thing turned on (wifi, bluetooth etc), but jeez... Do I really have to buy several Samsung brand chargers ? Are there any less costly alternatives that will charge the Note 2 about as well as the Samsung one ?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    My understanding is you can use those charger's but you need a "charge only " USB cable. These cables have 2 pins shorted that allows the phone to see the input as if it is the wall charger, thus charging at a higher amperage(2a) I ordered one of these:


    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  11. #11  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    Quote Originally Posted by qveda View Post
    In order to conveniently charge my Note 2, I am trying some 'generic' iphone outlet plugs with USB sockets and USB cords with the microUSB end.
    But it doesn't seem to be working. In fact, when plugged into an elect strip at my desk, it just treads water (remains at the same charging level for a very long time).
    When I simply use a USB socket on my laptop, the charging actually goes DOWN (!), the % charge is decreasing .

    I do have every thing turned on (wifi, bluetooth etc), but jeez... Do I really have to buy several Samsung brand chargers ? Are there any less costly alternatives that will charge the Note 2 about as well as the Samsung one ?
    I have several Motorola chargers and they seem to work great for charging the Note 2. They may not be as fast as Samsung charger, but get the job done.
    I just got my extra battery and external charger from Samsung, so I likely wont have to use them anymore.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    maximu5's Avatar

    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    The stock charger is 2A, if you use a 1A charger or try charging it on PC it might be a while. .... Here is a link for some car chargers Amazon.com: 2amp car charger
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Does the initial battery charge go slowly?

    I noticed that it took a very long time for my first two charges. I have used nothing but the stock charger. Third charge on was much quicker.

    Lovin my Note 2!!

Similar Threads

  1. Initial Battery Charge For Galaxy S2
    By mechanismclear in forum Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2011, 03:22 PM
  2. How does the extended battery look on the phone?
    By kilofox in forum Bionic Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 11:15 AM
  3. Initial battery Charge? (I know, here we...)
    By JohnnyBeGood in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 09:23 AM
  4. battery charging very slowly on CPO
    By Snyd28 in forum Verizon Fascinate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2011, 10:58 PM
  5. Does the Thunderbolt battery fit the inspire?
    By f308gt4 in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Posting Permissions

B