Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Car mount for Note 2?

Anyone have some suggestions for a car mount to use the GPS capabilities to their fullest? Looking for a dash or window mount that would work with a case.

Todd
    ska916jedi likes this.

Default Re: Car mount for Note 2?

I bought one at car toys. It's big enough to hold this monstrosity. Not very sleek looking but does the job for now. It was 24 $

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    ska916jedi likes this.

I bought this one and so far I like it. It holds good and doesn't shake that much
    Amazon.com: iOttie One-Touch windshield and dashboard car mount for Galaxy Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor R View Post
    I bought this one and so far I like it. It holds good and doesn't shake that much
    Amazon.com: iOttie One-Touch windshield and dashboard car mount for Galaxy Note 2: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Dammit...out of stock

I'm using this mount since I no longer use my CD player. It mounts far enough away from my radio that I can still get to my radio controls.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Victor R likes this.

oooOoo I like this one. kinda what I was looking for. As in, not sticking something to my dash

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I received my Mountek CD slot mount yesterday. What a clever McGyver like idea! Works great in my Mini Cooper. steady mount.

I bought this capta from amazon. i really like it but the only issue i have is that bc the back of the GN2 is not welded on, if you just pull the phone off of the sticky pad instead of turning it, the back pops out a bit, so i have to snap the back in place.

this has been great as I drive a SUV and windshield is deep, so standard mounts tended to be too far away for use. and because the capta part is part of a tripod, i can actually use that mount with my current tripods and gorillapods. less accessories the better. the pad doesnt get too dirty either, and its easy to clean. this so far has been the best mount for me.

I love the joby gorilla pods, and this was close to it. I was going to get the joby smart phone clip, but i read that it doesnt open wide enough to hold the gn2.

I got this car lighter car mount:

I didn't want a windshield mount as it gets pretty hot in LA.... and I heard bad things about the vent mount.. So I went with this.. I like it alot. It doesn't seem too sturdy at first.. but my phone stays put just fine over bumps....

I can confirm the galaxy car mount kit that samsung makes fits our phone. I picked mine up yesterday

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

My wife ordered the iottie that is on amazon. Even though that was out of stock you can order it directly from the iottie website

Quote Originally Posted by crosshair View Post
    Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    I bought this one too. However it has not come in. It should've been here Amazon dropped the ball. Even on Prime. So sad.

The mountek came and, I like it a lot. I did take the end piece off. I didn't like the way the phone sat with it on. It wasn't centered. But it works well and barely moves.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

The Amazon description says the suction cup works on textured dash surfaces. Can you confirm if it does? This will make or break it for me.

Edit: Do the side fingers cover up the volume or power buttons?

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I had an iBolt for my GSIII. I emailed them last week and they said by the end of December to check their website, they should have on for the Note 2

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

The iBolt looks very similar to the iGrip car holder. I had an iGrip for my Thunderbolt and it was great. I emailed iGrip asking if they were coming out with a car dock for the Note2. Still waiting for their response.
    met.watts likes this.

I highly recommend this one.

• Works with any device
    • Can get it with cigarette lighter or suction cup mount
    • The head is interchangeable with the iGrip brand of mounts
    • The gooseneck is strong and adjustable
    • The sticky surface works great and doesn't leave residue at all
    • When the stickiness gets dirty, just wipe it off with water and it's good as new
    • Since there are only two support prongs at the bottom, it doesn't interfere with any ports
    • $20 or less at multiple places on the web

I have one and won't use anything else now. Here's a picture:

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you don't mind paying a higher price offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rom / Non-Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    I highly recommend this one.

• Works with any device
    • Can get it with cigarette lighter or suction cup mount
    • The head is interchangeable with the iGrip brand of mounts
    • The gooseneck is strong and adjustable
    • The sticky surface works great and doesn't leave residue at all
    • When the stickiness gets dirty, just wipe it off with water and it's good as new
    • Since there are only two support prongs at the bottom, it doesn't interfere with any ports
    • $20 or less at multiple places on the web

I have one and won't use anything else now. Here's a picture:

Hmm interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    If you don't mind paying a higher price offers really nice mounts.

I'm actually using a adjustable holder that I have had since the iPhone 4 it was design for use with iPhone with a case, but it works for virtually any device. I have just had to buy a new mount when I get a new vehicle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    I tried a Pro Clip but on my Chevy Trailblazer the mount on my dashboard was terrible. Didn't like it at all.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by scott750 View Post
    The Amazon description says the suction cup works on textured dash surfaces. Can you confirm if it does? This will make or break it for me.
    I have not used it on the dash as both of mine are textured. I've used on the window only and it holds really well.

Edit: Do the side fingers cover up the volume or power buttons?
    No and yes. If you slide it down far enough it won't.

Just to let you know I tried the iOttie on a textured surface. (Wife has a 2012) Grand Cherokee. It was pretty warm here yesterday about 75. I checked again this morning and it is still stuck to the dash.
    Last edited by Victor R; 12-16-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    destefmx6 likes this.

Just to let you know I tried the iOttie on a textured surface. (Wife has a 2012) Grand Cherokee. It was pretty warm here yesterday about 75. I checked again this morning and it is still stuck to the dash.
    How much? Do you recommend it?

It was $24 on Amaxon. Link is on first page of this thread. So far I like it. I woukd recommend it. It doesn't shake much. Sticks to Window really well. And now dash. Of course it's not really hot outside. Here in Texas it gets really hot. Remains to need seen whether or not it will stay on in heat and humidity. Hope that helps.

Preorder price on the iBolt is $5 off the regular price, it comes out 1/7
    Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for Samsung: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Iottie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast