Setting up the Note 2?

BoneDigger

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have some questions that some might call basic. But, I am new to the Galaxy Note 2 and I want to aptimize it for best battery life and functionality. So, I have a few questions:

1) IS there a list of apps that I should delete from the phone immediately? In other words, some of the apps that came with the phone seem useless to me but I don't really know their function anyway.

2) I downloaded all of my apps from my Iconia Tab to the Note 2 but now they are disorganized. Is there an easy way to reorganize them (similar to the Itunes app organizer)?

3) What is the best case to add protection and a belt clip? I used the Otterbox Defender on my Iphone but apparently those won't be available for the GN2 until late December of January. I can't wait that long as I've almost dropped this thing twice now. I like the Seidio case but I'd ultimately like one with a built in screen protector. Ideas?

Todd

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have some questions that some might call basic. But, I am new to the Galaxy Note 2 and I want to aptimize it for best battery life and functionality. So, I have a few questions:

1) IS there a list of apps that I should delete from the phone immediately? In other words, some of the apps that came with the phone seem useless to me but I don't really know their function anyway.

2) I downloaded all of my apps from my Iconia Tab to the Note 2 but now they are disorganized. Is there an easy way to reorganize them (similar to the Itunes app organizer)?

3) What is the best case to add protection and a belt clip? I used the Otterbox Defender on my Iphone but apparently those won't be available for the GN2 until late December of January. I can't wait that long as I've almost dropped this thing twice now. I like the Seidio case but I'd ultimately like one with a built in screen protector. Ideas?

Todd

1. You can't delete the apps that came with it unless you root your device. You can however disable them under settings/applications. I wouldn't recommend disabling or deleting any of them until you've had time to see what they do.

2. To my knowledge all apps should be alphabetically listed in your app drawer. So I'm not sure what else you're trying to do here.

3. I feel case and screen protector should be separate to get the best. As far as cases their aren't a lot of really heavy duty protective ones made just yet. I have a Rearth case which is slim and doesn't add any bulk but probably wouldn't add any protection in the event of a drop. So you'll kinda have to wait till late December for that. You could however add (and i highly recommend) a FlyGrip. Allows for one handed use AND allows greater grip when holding the big note 2.

As a side note, you may want to download foxfi app to your note 2 cause that'll give you Wi-Fi tethering without rooting. How this helps you with your new toy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

andyjwang

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for foxfi information.

I'd like to share my wi fi dropping issue on my Note 2.

Mine is Galaxy Note 2 i317 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1. I did have wi fi dropping similar issue. I took two smart phones to Target, one is ICS 4.0.3 and the Note 2 is 4.1.1.
The 4.0.3 never has any issues with wi fi connection. But the Note 2 keeps on dropping the connection. I ran an application wifi analyzer to check the available networks. It turns out that Target has so many routers that are using the same ssid, i.e. "Target Guest Wi-Fi". There are channel 1, 6, 11, 2 Ghz channels, etc, as well as many 5GHzs. I did an alias for every available connection. Then I pick one of the stronger signal strength 5G and connected to it.
After that no connection was dropped.

The point is that you should try to connect to the strongest signal SSID so that the Note 2 won't keep on dropping the weak connection.

I have no idea why the ICS 4.0.3 can handle better than the 4.1.1 Jelly Bean as far as wifi is concerned.
But I do notice that on ICS it only shows 2.4 GHz channels. The Jelly Bean shows both.

clayrussell

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
2. You can organize your apps in any way you like by going to your apps and then pressing the menu key. Select "view types" and pick the option that works best for you. Try "customizable grid".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz