One handed operation shortcut

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
My son was trying to take my phone from me the other day and hit a button or a sequence of buttons and quickly switched the key board into the one handed operation. I know how to change the key board by going into the settings of the keyboard but he didn't do that. He's 3. I can't figure out what he did to turn on that option with out leaving the keyboard. Anyone know this short cut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

aaronbuescher

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
When you bring up the keyboard in an app, bring down the notification pane and switch keyboards. He might have put you in a different keyboard.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

sweetredvoice

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
After some experimenting I found that while holding down the shift key and quickly tapping the space bar then the L key will toggle l l the one-handed keyboard shortcut.

~~sent from my gNote~~

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
This is what I've found that is the most consistent.

To turn on one handed operation: hold down the shift key hit space "L" or " ) " (which ever is showing) then space again.

To turn off: hold down shift, hit space then "L" or " ) " (which ever is showing).

Joanne Lee

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Pinching the entire keyboard will not toggle between the one handed keyboard and the full keyboard.
I tried pinching just the last row of the keyboard, and it is toggling between the two modes very smoothly.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Swiping on the bottom row in to out with 2 fingers will toggle the one handed keyboard to the normal keyboard. uploadfromtaptalk1358252898363.jpg And from the normal keyboard Swiping out to in makes the keyboard the one handed keyboard. uploadfromtaptalk1358252933169.jpg

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2 :D

alicotts

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
for the pinch to zoom to work your /system/csc/feature.xml file must include the following line

<CscFeature_Sip_DisablePinchZoomInOutTriggerForOndhandOperation>false</CscFeature_Sip_DisablePinchZoomInOutTriggerForOndhandOperation>

some providers... like Verizon..... set that to true for some idiot reason.

If you are rooted you can change this line to false and reboot to enable the feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21