Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Luis Casco Arias
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One handed operation shortcut

My son was trying to take my phone from me the other day and hit a button or a sequence of buttons and quickly switched the key board into the one handed operation. I know how to change the key board by going into the settings of the keyboard but he didn't do that. He's 3. I can't figure out what he did to turn on that option with out leaving the keyboard. Anyone know this short cut?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Default Re: One handed operation shortcut

When you bring up the keyboard in an app, bring down the notification pane and switch keyboards. He might have put you in a different keyboard.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

After some experimenting I found that while holding down the shift key and quickly tapping the space bar then the L key will toggle l l the one-handed keyboard shortcut.

~~sent from my gNote~~
    Thanked by 2:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank you. That gets me much closer to that short cut. It does work but not every time. Some times it works on just the soft and spacebar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Augustson View Post
    Thank you. That gets me much closer to that short cut. It does work but not every time. Some times it works on just the soft and spacebar.
    This has been driving me crazy too! I am now using thumboard instead.

~~sent from my gNote~~
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

This is what I've found that is the most consistent.

To turn on one handed operation: hold down the shift key hit space "L" or " ) " (which ever is showing) then space again.

To turn off: hold down shift, hit space then "L" or " ) " (which ever is showing).
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm not sure now my son was able to do this but at least he pointed me in the right direction.

pinching on the keyboard will put it in one-handed operation. pinching out does not revert it though. I've had to go back to setting to bring it back.
    Megan Arlitz likes this.

Pinching out does revert it. Ninja fingers needed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Speaking of the one handed operation not to steal the thread, but how do you scale the unlock screen?

Thank you! This has been driving me nuts since I have had my phone! I couldn't figure out why my keyboard kept getting smaller!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Ninja fingers are right.a friend recently told me about that. Can't go slow.

Pinching the entire keyboard will not toggle between the one handed keyboard and the full keyboard.
    I tried pinching just the last row of the keyboard, and it is toggling between the two modes very smoothly.

ROM
    Stock

Swiping on the bottom row in to out with 2 fingers will toggle the one handed keyboard to the normal keyboard. One handed operation shortcut-uploadfromtaptalk1358252898363.jpg And from the normal keyboard Swiping out to in makes the keyboard the one handed keyboard. One handed operation shortcut-uploadfromtaptalk1358252933169.jpg

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Thank you so much. It happened to me at the market and almost drove me nuts!

for the pinch to zoom to work your /system/csc/feature.xml file must include the following line

<CscFeature_Sip_DisablePinchZoomInOutTriggerForOndhandOperation>false</CscFeature_Sip_DisablePinchZoomInOutTriggerForOndhandOperation>

some providers... like Verizon..... set that to true for some ***** reason.

If you are rooted you can change this line to false and reboot to enable the feature.

Thank you. This has been annoying me but use of 'Ninja fingers' to squeeze it out made it simple to turn off.

Pinch to reduce unpinch to expand