1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default I really want the Note 2 How much will it cost?

I just renewed my 2 year contract in November of 2011. Can anyone plainly explain what it will cost me to get a Note 2

Here are my options:
    Buy out right a Note 2 on AT&T's network. $650 Will I have to pay a new activation fee or anything else if I buy outright?

Leave AT&T and go to Verizon, I am seriously considering this option anyway. $230 ETF to AT&T plus $324 for phone =$554 including tax on phone. Am I missing any new customer charges at Verizon? I have been with AT&T since 2003 and have never had another carrier since then.

Is there another cheaper option I am missing? AT&T does not have 4G LTE here and Verizon does, I will be giving up the ability to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time. AT&T does not seem to have any plans on upgrading my area. I am sick and tired of other carriers customers being able to use their phone around me and I have no service. It is also amazing unless I am missing some hidden cost that AT&T would be willing to lose me as a customer over $100.

If I would be getting future updates to my lowly Atrix 2 I would not have even started researching new phones. The Note 2 would give me the ability to sign PDF's and forward them on, I would not even have to be in the office 1/2 of the time.
    TIA!

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: I really want the Note 2 How much will it cost?

Opting verizon would be an ideal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    I just renewed my 2 year contract in November of 2011. Can anyone plainly explain what it will cost me to get a Note 2

Here are my options:
    Buy out right a Note 2 on AT&T's network. $650 Will I have to pay a new activation fee or anything else if I buy outright?

Leave AT&T and go to Verizon, I am seriously considering this option anyway. $230 ETF to AT&T plus $324 for phone =$554 including tax on phone. Am I missing any new customer charges at Verizon? I have been with AT&T since 2003 and have never had another carrier since then.

Is there another cheaper option I am missing? AT&T does not have 4G LTE here and Verizon does, I will be giving up the ability to surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time. AT&T does not seem to have any plans on upgrading my area. I am sick and tired of other carriers customers being able to use their phone around me and I have no service. It is also amazing unless I am missing some hidden cost that AT&T would be willing to lose me as a customer over $100.

If I would be getting future updates to my lowly Atrix 2 I would not have even started researching new phones. The Note 2 would give me the ability to sign PDF's and forward them on, I would not even have to be in the office 1/2 of the time.
    TIA!
    Where do you live where you don't get ATT service? Also with the Note 2 you will still be able to talk and surf when on Verizon's 4G LTE network.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I live in Lafayette, LA. My new office is in a real small town (New Iberia) and unless I am outside in the middle of the road,I get no service. According to the AT&T reps in several local stores it will be a long time before we get 4G LTE service. Verizon has 4g LTE in Lafayette at least. OH everywhere I don't have service there is always some turd on Verizon that his phone woks fine! Now to sell my wife on a $554 phone

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

This is what I found...
    If you are happy with att I would wait but it is up to you. I live in Tulsa, Ok and lte was up 1 week before I received my note2 on the 9th and before this I was with tmobile... I was going to get Verizon but didnt want to wait another month for the note2. Also, I ended getting mine for less than $180 with ATT but YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    Where do you live where you don't get ATT service? Also with the Note 2 you will still be able to talk and surf when on Verizon's 4G LTE network.
    Actually in Verizon you can't surf and talk simultaneously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by reb0957 View Post
    I live in Lafayette, LA. My new office is in a real small town (New Iberia) and unless I am outside in the middle of the road,I get no service. According to the AT&T reps in several local stores it will be a long time before we get 4G LTE service. Verizon has 4g LTE in Lafayette at least. OH everywhere I don't have service there is always some turd on Verizon that his phone woks fine! Now to sell my wife on a $554 phone
    You can legally get out of at&t's contract if they can't provide reliable service at your residence. So, if you tell them you don't get coverage at home they have to let you out without penalty. And don't let them try and give you a signal booster! Maybe this helps you?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectagadget1973 View Post
    You can legally get out of at&t's contract if they can't provide reliable service at your residence. So, if you tell them you don't get coverage at home they have to let you out without penalty. And don't let them try and give you a signal booster! Maybe this helps you?

I'm having the issue now. My AT&T service went from great to dismal this whole month. I have a case going on and they said they'll give me an answer on Friday. Wonder what they will come back with? Had LTE now, nothing. Got a new SIM, new phone, troubleshoot with 2 tiers....now, moving to the next tier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

On LTE you can talk and surf...

I would wonder about the data plan and costs of the new Verizon service. I still have ATT unlimited and will hold onto that as long as possible. I get great service in the Indianapolis area..

If ATT doesn't work, the plan doesn't matter much. As far as upgrades go, you can use someone else's upgrade, if they are willing. Just an option....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Don't forget about the grandfathering. Which you should have if you've been with them since 03. You will lose that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

If u got unlimited in this day and age KEEP IT lol

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2