Too late for a case. Screen cracked.

mung_tyson

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Dropped my Note 2 from one foot onto concrete and the screen is cracked. I was holding off on a case because I didn't see any that were any good, or had good reviews. So now I have taken packing tape and carefully taped the front screen so i don't lose any glass. I'm debating on trying to replace the glass myself, I have already ordered a replacement screen. Not sure if I'll be able to successfully do it or not. Its either that or pay a $199 deductible through At&t to have them do it. Debating. The replacement screen was $29.99 and could potentially save me some money. Either way, WHAT CASE SHOULD I GET???

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I can't tell you anything about getting your screen fixed -- fortunately, I have never had that happen to me -- but the Bear Motion Premium Polio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note II N7100 (Tri Black) case works fine for me. Got it on Amazon. The website address is: Amazon.com: Bear Motion Premium Polio Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note II N7100 (Tri Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

It's relatively thin enough and of reasonable quality for the price. Fits my phone well and the "kickstand" is nice. The only thing I can complain about is the front cover gets in the way if you have the phone against your ear but that is the case for just about any case that will also protect your screen. Note: Also get a screen protectors. Truthfully, the Note 2 is just too large to be used with some sort of headphones; and I say this as someone with hands large enough to operate it single-handedly. But that's just my opinion, YMMV.

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
tough going man, i was there too, with my n7100, gn2. 8 days after i got it, dropped less than 1 foot from my lap to patio ground and boosh. you should get squaretrade and buy their warranty if you haven't had your phone for more than 30 days. how did you get a replacement screen? each place i called said they dont ahve the screens yet and that it'd cost around $200 to replace. I checked radio shack and some other local places as well as online.

so yeah, get a good case. i wish there were more out there that dont add bulk. and good luck not dropping this thing. my case is large, Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Zenus Masstige Color Edge Diary Stand Cover Case / Italian top norch embossed faux leather - Real Balck: Cell Phones & Accessories, but i've dropped my phone a few times on concrete, and the worse that happened was the back case popped up a bit. easily snapped back in, no scratches or cracks. whew!

good luck! and it'd be great to know if for sure the replacement was only $29.99 and where, and did they use oem gorilla glass or some crappy knock off?

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Casemate Pop case on mine. No screen protector. I dropped it from about 4 1/2 feet onto ceramic tile a couple of weeks ago. It bounced a couple of times before landing face down. I was sick to my stomach when I bent to pick it up because I just knew it would be cracked from bouncing. But the screen is still in perfect condition. This case has silicone on the inside to absorb shock from impacts and a hard plastic outside shell. The silicone even offers a bit of a buffer between the screen and a flat surface if it's dropped face down. I've been using this style case on my past two devices (S3 and S2 Skyrocket) and it even kept my S3 in pristine condition.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084