Where is our update?

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Well Sprint was only 2 weeks from launch to update. I thought ours would be significantly less, considering that based on Sprint reviews At&t knows the update is stable, and the Verizon version has it already running. I cant think of any reason at&t would make customers wait other than to test their loyalty and patience especially since there is no other device for them to focus on right now.

aclerk

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
has anyone tried to use the software update when clicking on settings-->about?

each time i try it, it crashes and the error says its the AT&T updater. i wonder if that could be the cause? maybe they released it but at*ts own updating mechanism is broken?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Well Sprint was only 2 weeks from launch to update. I thought ours would be significantly less, considering that based on Sprint reviews At&t knows the update is stable, and the Verizon version has it already running. I cant think of any reason at&t would make customers wait other than to test their loyalty and patience especially since there is no other device for them to focus on right now.

Why has vzw released it for the note 2 and not the gs3?. I'm with US cellular n they SUCK. they haven't released it for either one. There isn't even anything saying it's coming soon to the note.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
has anyone tried to use the software update when clicking on settings-->about?

each time i try it, it crashes and the error says its the AT&T updater. i wonder if that could be the cause? maybe they released it but at*ts own updating mechanism is broken?

I doubt it. If it were out it would be in ROMS on xdav for sure. Not the port version

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Im really wanting multiview and debating wether to return my att note 2 and go pick up a Verizon model with it already since you have 30 days to return a product if u don't like it. I might just do that if we don't get an update soon !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Im really wanting multiview and debating wether to return my att note 2 and go pick up a Verizon model with it already since you have 30 days to return a product if u don't like it. I might just do that if we don't get an update soon !!

From what I hear the Verizon note 2 does not support YouTube and Chrome in multiview

Sent from my PC36100

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
At&t told me it will come in January.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I do not doubt that it will, but these people really do not know squat.

I can tell you from forum threads during Galaxy S2/Skyrocket /Galaxy S3 the ATT customer service is often totally in the dark.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

keebs29

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting on my update as well and I have TMO. That is the only reason I got this phone was for the multi tasking

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Android Central Forums

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I am really curious as to what the hold up is on the update for the AT&T Note 2. Seems weird that its been a month since release and no word. I didn't know that AT&T was terrible with software updates. I'm a little pissed because I left Verizon to come to AT&T and now all my friends who stuck it out tease me about the multiwindow. Even my coworker on Sprints slow ass network(no 4g here in MI) is talking smack.

Berdie

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I also picked this one up for the Multi-tasking, waiting patiently but I still don't understand what's taking so long. I'm so tempted to root it but............

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I know we all use our devices differently but honestly that sounds like a lot of effort and possibly extra $$$$ just to get a feature that in all honesty i doubt you will use much.

I have the Int'l version and it came on the phone, but in the 6-8 weeks i've owned it, i have never used it EXCEPT to show the feature to someone.

The phone is sooooooo fast i hardly feel the need to look at an ap in a 2.5 inch screen when i can just as easily flip and get the full 5.5 inches on each app....

BTC

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I am really curious as to what the hold up is on the update for the AT&T Note 2. Seems weird that its been a month since release and no word. I didn't know that AT&T was terrible with software updates. I'm a little pissed because I left Verizon to come to AT&T and now all my friends who stuck it out tease me about the multiwindow. Even my coworker on Sprints slow ass network(no 4g here in MI) is talking smack.

When I went to the store the associate told me that a Samsung rep was there and said we won't get an update til Next month..

Sent from Miss Peaches GN2

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
From what the Samsung people say on Facebook, they have nothing to do with the update, it is all up to AT&T. My guess is that AT&T is working on the Jelly Bean update (4.1.2) and will release it all in one single update.

For me personally, it's not a feature that I need, but something I would like to show off. I am the only guy where I work with a Note II, in fact only one other person even has an Android phone, the rest own iPhones. They like to tease me in their jealousy about it's size (they do envy the larger screen), and I have plenty already to brag about, but the multi-window function would be the icing on the cake.

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This Better be soon because a lot of people will be upset if they have possibly have to wait till March or April for at&t to roll out 4.1.2 or 4.2 when this feature should be available out the box

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This Better be soon because a lot of people will be upset if they have possibly have to wait till March or April for at&t to roll out 4.1.2 or 4.2 when this feature should be available out the box

Maybe a handful of ppl who have nothing to complain about MIGHT whine, but truthfully, this device is runnng so smoothly and does soooo many things (and does them well) hence making this, "to date the BEST Android experience you can have"....

i hardly think most ppl would let a tiny update will stand in the way of enjoying the heck out of this phone.... Its not like 2011 & earlier back when the updates sometimes meant the difference between lagging, poor batt life, and a poor phone experience overall...

These days (for the most part) ppl have learned to get a phone running HOW u want it NOW, not sit around hoping the mfg will send timely updates.....

BTC

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a handful of ppl who have nothing to complain about MIGHT whine, but truthfully, this device is runnng so smoothly and does soooo many things (and does them well) hence making this, "to date the BEST Android experience you can have"....

i hardly think most ppl would let a tiny update will stand in the way of enjoying the heck out of this phone.... Its not like 2011 & earlier back when the updates sometimes meant the difference between lagging, poor batt life, and a poor phone experience overall...

These days (for the most part) ppl have learned to get a phone running HOW u want it NOW, not sit around hoping the mfg will send timely updates.....

BTC

I agree with most points but it still bothers me that carriers release phones without some features and yea I could always root but it just sucks to have to get what I want