Wifi? Router Issue on Note2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Linksys WRT330N Exreme Gigabite Wireless N Router- Its probably 5-6 years old.

My GN2 Browser will "Lock Up" periodically the bar will move slightly in the window. ill get a "White Page" and thats the end of that. Im also getting No Connection to Server Warnings periodically as well. I am suspicious of the Router because if I turn wifi off and try anything its like popping a window shade. I also now have LTE here in Columbus Ohio. If Im on You Tube I get alot of Buffering as well, something that never happened before. Again if I turn Wifi Off, the issue is not there.

(A): If the Wifi Router was "Going Bad" would it cause intermittent issue like that to occur?

(B): Is anyone else having any type of wifi lag or "Lock-up Issue"

(C): Can anyone make a recomendation for a Replacement Wifi Route, Asus? Netgear, Cradlepoint? Im Looking for a Wifi Router that will compliment the Galaxy Note 2 and have lots of range/distance.

Additional: Sometimes if I reset the power to the Router or I flush the Internet Cache and restart the phone, perfoormance returns to normal for a short time-span, and then Im bac to the Lag-Lock-up issue.I am using the stock browser that came with the GN2

Thank you in advance

Last edited:

maximu5

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi?Router Issue on Note2

No problems here with routers...
Have you had any trouble with laptops or any other devices?

If you don't the only thing I can suggest is to check the att smart wifi app if you are using it and entering the wifi password in that app... I ran into that problem myself when it kept disconnecting me but after that I've had no problems... Let us know

I have a Linksys WRT330N Exreme Gigabite Wireless N Router- Its probably 5-6 years old.

My GN2 Browser will "Lock Up" periodically the bar will move slightly in the window. ill get a "White Page" and thats the end of that. Im also getting No Connection to Server Warnings periodically as well. I am suspicious of the Router because if I turn wifi off and try anything its like popping a window shade. I also now have LTE here in Columbus Ohio. If Im on You Tube I get alot of Buffering as well, something that never happened before. Again if I turn Wifi Off, the issue is not there.

(A): If the Wifi Router was "Going Bad" would it cause intermittent issue like that to occur?

(C): Can anyone make a recomendation for a Replacement Wifi Route, Asus? Netgear, Cradlepoint? Im Looking for a Wifi Router that will compliment the Galaxy Note 2 and have lots of range/distance.

Additional: Sometimes if I reset the power to the Router or I flush the Internet Cache and restart the phone, perfoormance returns to normal for a short time-span, and then Im bac to the Lag-Lock-up issue.

Thank you in advance

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site

If you don't the only thing I can suggest is to check the att smart wifi app if you are using it and entering the wifi password in that app... I ran into that problem myself when it kept disconnecting me but after that I've had no problems... Let us know

Not using Smart Wifi.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Additional: Sometimes if I reset the power to the Router or I flush the Internet Cache and restart the phone, perfoormance returns to normal for a short time-span, and then Im bac to the Lag-Lock-up issue.I am using the stock browser that came with the GN2

Thank you in advance

ItsARaid, I have a NetGear N900 duel band router and have no problems, disconnects or otherwise with my GN2. It works like a charm. Maybe get a new router. 5-6 years in technology is OLD! You're due a router upgrade anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
As always thank you for your help. Im looking at a d/r 6300 from Netgear or the Linksys comparable ea6500?
Its the router I have now. Its time to lay it to rest before it craps out completely on me.

Last edited:

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I've run down the infidel... its the WRT 300n Wireless N router. Im looking at the Net Gear R6300, linksys EA6500 and the New Asus U66. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or, maybe have some other suggestion.
I need to replace the current wifi router.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well I've run down the infidel... its the WRT 300n Wireless N router. Im looking at the Net Gear R6300, linksys EA6500 and the New Asus U66. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or, maybe have some other suggestion.
I need to replace the current wifi router.

I've always had good luck with Netgear. Never given me any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi?Router Issue on Note2

That AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app causes all kinds of issues.. Disable that bad boy..

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey I have to change my router out about every year and half. It just depends on the quality of the router. If you do alot of downloading, more than your typical user ie torrents, then yes they can go bad fairly quickly. If you need to reboot the modem often then thst can be a sign of a failing router...or a crappy provider. Such as att like I have. Which btw my 4g is faster than my home wifi. We are unable to get faster than 3mbps .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm