Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Note 2 vs HTC DNA

What would u rather get long term? And please explain why? I have the N4 but im gonna give it to my gf and get one of these off contract. Thanks guys, please try not to have a biased opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4, you jelly bro?
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Note 2 vs HTC DNA

bigger battery, removable battery, sdcard slot, a bit more room to do phablet things...

Note 2

Note 2, buffet screen, bigger battery, expandable memory and Samsung in my experience are easier to root and mess with. With the games out now more memory is needed if your a gamer. The external to internal memory swap has been the best thing ever for me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Note 2 wins because of bigger battery and SD card support. I'm picking mine up today!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Hands down...Note2. I moved from a OneX to the GN2. I thought the display difference would kill me. Not so, if you want to have decent batt time you have to reduce your brightness to around 45% on the OneX.
    The Display on the Note2 is absolutely gorgeous. The GN2 is jammed packed with features that just are not on the DNA. Plus, I have access to SD card and Battery.
    What it really comes down to is simple..... Carrier and Network. Consumers released their findings..Verizon has great cust service, AT&T has the best 4g network. I have a friend that has a DNA. Everytime he gets near me, he asks if he can play with my GN2. He said calls are clearer and the GN2 is faster.
    Im settled for the year..this GN2 is going to be hard to put to sleep by the competiton. Next year Sammy is going to have displays out that will blow the LCD3 out of the water in Res, clarity, Contrast and Brightness.
    This is the first device ive owned that is NOT plauged with bugs, gremlins and problems. Its a pleasure to pick up and use.

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    bigger battery, removable battery, sdcard slot, a bit more room to do phablet things...

Note 2
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    With the games out now more memory is needed if your a gamer.

Dont they both have 2GB RAM?

But anyway, ive messed around with the Note2 and its simply amazing and thats why it gets my vote. If i didnt love the perfect package my S3 offered id switch over in a hearbeat.

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Note 2, With the games out now more memory is needed if your a gamer. The external to internal memory swap has been the best thing ever for me

Dont they both have 2GB RAM??

Anyway I've messed around with the Note2 quite a bit and it's simply amazing. That's why it gets my vote. If i didnt love the perfect package my S3 gives me, id switch over in a heartbeat.

Edit: i apologize for the duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by hossman12 View Post
    Dont they both have 2GB RAM??

Anyway I've messed around with the Note2 quite a bit and it's simply amazing. That's why it gets my vote. If i didnt love the perfect package my S3 gives me, id switch over in a heartbeat.

Edit: i apologize for the duplicate post

Games dont get stored in RAM. The internal memory of the Note right now is 16gb only of which 10 or so are availbable for use. After Spiderman, Batman, Nova 2 and Dead Trigger thats about it. By using the external to internal swap i now have 64gb internal. I was just saying with no memory card slot thats not even possible on the DNA

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Games dont get stored in RAM. The internal memory of the Note right now is 16gb only of which 10 or so are availbable for use. After Spiderman, Batman, Nova 2 and Dead Trigger thats about it. By using the external to internal swap i now have 64gb internal. I was just saying with no memory card slot thats not even possible on the DNA
    What are you talking about when u say external to internal swap? I also have a 64gb sd card but the way you describe it seems like I might be able to install apps on it. Is this what you mean?

How do you do the internal to extenal swap?

Quote Originally Posted by jdub1981 View Post
    What are you talking about when u say external to internal swap? I also have a 64gb sd card but the way you describe it seems like I might be able to install apps on it. Is this what you mean?
    There is a way to flip flop the internal memory to external memory

How? Haha this has me excited.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Yes, please explain that swap thingy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Wow I pick the note 2 for all the reasons stated before but I'm surprised no one has said the DNA

Sent from my PC36100

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

I read online that verizon was banking on the dna being a hit but realisticly other than 1080p screen what does it have that is better?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I read online that verizon was banking on the dna being a hit but realisticly other than 1080p screen what does it have that is better?
    That's what I said in another forum but no one had a clear answer besides the processor but in real world use its not noticeable

Sent from my PC36100

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts

You're surprised that no one said dna on a N2 forum? Really?...haha

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Admorris View Post
    You're surprised that no one said dna on a N2 forum? Really?...haha

Lol you know what I mean and I didn't even notice this was a note 2 forum but I thought by now some one would say but the DNA has a 1080p screen blah blah lol

Sent from my PC36100
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Everyone said note 2.....surprise surprise lol

Sent from my Nexus 4, you jelly bro?

yes there is a way, acutally two ways that i know. You have to be rooted. The easiest way is once rooted there is a simple zip file that you flash in recovery and it swaps your internal (10 or so left) with whatever memory card you have) works smooth. I have been running it this way for a while and can not put all my games on it. It essentially turns your 16gb Note 2 into a 64gb Note 2 Havent noticed any slow downs in game loading or playing either

LOL it is what it is. If the Dna had 64gb or even 32gb storage it would be a tougher decision. To me the Note has eliminated the constant carrying of two devices. Still do at times but dont have the need to

Yes thats the main reason i rooted mine. Not sure i can post links but if your rooted its a simple zip flash

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

What do you mean by external to internal swap?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

Just to be fair a thread, from someone who has the DNA and GN2 from the DNA forum...

Have dna and a note 2.. Small quick recap
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast