Samsung Keyboard - Switch Languages

gotesman

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I have set up the Samsung Keyboard with 2 languages: English (US) and Hebrew. The manual says I can switch between the languages by swiping the space bar key but that doesn't work. When I swipe, nothing happens. Both languages are showing the Samsung Keyboard settings section and both are checked.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

hoichung79

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
press space bar and slide right or left
or
there should be a key with globe icon right beside symbol key "SYM," pressing that will also change the keyboard layout

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

lostchild

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just tried it and it worked. You sure you set two or more "input language" on the Samsung Keyboard setting page? If you only have 1 language, swiping the space bard does nothing and the globe doesn't show. When I added a 2nd language, the globe showed and swiping space bar worked.

gotesman

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying you installed Hebrew and were able to use it? Just to be sure: Are you using the Note 2? Are you using the Samsung Keyboard? How are you switching between languages? Thanks.

nikolis

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You need to go to your android phone's settings then to Language and input and press the gear icon next to your default keyboard. After that click on Input Languages and tap on the languages you want to install. When they are installed, they will appear on the top of the list with a checkbox on the right of each one. Check English and Hebrew and then go to home screen and then try swiping the space button on the right or left the next time you write a message.

savaeden

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Express I8730 4G LTE bought outside israel does not have hebrew in language kist for settings or for keyboard - how do i get hebrew - full left to right support hebrew?

bahdal bah

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Now, I may have the solution:
I had the same issue but with Galaxy S3 and arabic language. Try these steps:
For Android 4.3: Go to Settings --> My Device --> Accessibility --> Notiification History --> then Turn it off
I hope it works for everyone

Denise E

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have the same problem in my new Samsung Grand 2! Event when selecting more than one input language, the space bar only shows one. The dictionnary for the swype and autocompleting functions shows the words in all my input languages selected (which drives you crazy and impossible to use) and there's no way to change anything in the space bar, it doesn't slide.
Did anybody find a solution already?
Thank you!

msaum

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
For people still having the issue with not being able to swipe the space bar between multiple languages, I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

first you need to go to settings
-My device
-Accessibility
-Services section : Click on all apps that are on in that list and turn them all off. (accessibility will be turned off for those apps) they need to be all off!

And Voilà!!

Let me know if this worked for you!

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
For people still having the issue with not being able to swipe the space bar between multiple languages, I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

-My device
-Accessibility
-Services section : Click on all apps that are on in that list and turn them all off. (accessibility will be turned off for those apps) they need to be all off!

And Voilà!!

It's really work. Thanks a lot you're the best!

Iman Alipoor

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

-My device
-Accessibility

And Voilà!!

Ok, tank's a lot
very good

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood