Thinking of switching from Verizon to At&T how is the Note 2?
11-30-2012 10:41 PM
- I just received my NOTE 2 this week. I thought my GS2 was an awesome phone but the NOTE 2 puts it to shame! This is an awesome phone. I'm short, 4' 11" and I have no problems holding the phone. I am a little more cautious using it one handed. It fits in my pockets with no problems. Speed is amazing. I love being able to see the text without having to bring the phone closer or constantly zoom in and out. The features are outstanding. I love being able to jot down a quick note with the S-Pen.
Ref AT&T - been with them a long, long time. most times I have no problems but occasionaly I go through a month or so of really HATING them and threatening to switch. Most of those times I was on an i-phone and was constantly dropping calls, loosing signal, etc... when I switched to the GS2 I did not have that problem. Last week in the store and this week when I called to activate my new phone I did experience problems. This week, the agent transfered my phone number to my new phone but neglected to transfer my data. I did not realize it until the next day when i left the house and turned wi-fi off. Come to find out she changed my plan to a pay as you go data usage. Uggggg. When I called ATT back the gentleman was great, outstanding, wonderful customer service. He had me fixed up in no time. First night customer wait time was about 7-10 minutes before I was able to speak with a rep. Second night customer wait time was about 2 minutes if that to speak to a rep.
Ref ATT stores - HATE THEM!!! Do not recommend purchasing anything through their stores. I bought my partner a note 2 the week before (yes I had phone envy) and we went to the store. After waiting in the store for 30 minutes that had only 1 bench for customers to wait at, we were assisted by the next representative. He was more interested in socializing with his co-workers and making sure they knew the score to the football game. The phone was not in stock and had to be ordered. Rep recommended delivery to the store (don't do it!!!). We received email phone was in so went to pick up. Again, a 20 minute wait. During this time we overheard a rep bull'sing a customer about accessories for their phone wich we knew were lies. Then he spent another 10-15 minutes socializing with the customers while other customers were waiting to be helped. Later, same rep was trying to convince a young woman that the iphone was the best phone (each should make their own mind up; not be persuaded by an ifanboy). The rep that assisted us this time was very nice. However, he said our phone was not there. We showed him the email with the tracking number... no phone. We waited 20 mintues and more to be told nope, sorry no phone. Ugggg, as we were leaving we received a note from ATT saying the phone was in. We left and decided to come back later. Third attempt we finally got the phone. So when I ordered my note 2 I had it delivered to house, recieved it in less than a week and activated over phone.11-30-2012 08:56 AM
- 11-30-2012 09:51 AM
- I own the international version so it may apply differently. The multiwindow is definitely a feature with room for improvement. I only use it when I need to reference something while typing. I the phone itself is great, as I am coming from using the original. I obtain about 2 days worth of moderate use, 5 hours on screen and 2 hours of blue tooth Pandora streaming over cellular. The screen is beyond amazing, as it isn't pentile anymore and the difference is night and day in comparison to the old note.
The speed on this device is unreal. Everything performed on this phone is silky smooth.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums11-30-2012 10:47 AM
- I've been with at&t for 15-18 years. Never had a problem with them. Customer service has always been great. I make all my phone purchases at best buy. Their black tie protection can't be beat. It's also way cheaper than at&t's.
I just switched FROM my SGSII TO the Note 2. Love it! Their coverage in Vegas is excellent. That doesn't mean you'll get great coverage like me, I guess it depends on you area. Hopefully you'll have a positive experience like the rest of us.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 211-30-2012 06:55 PMLike 1
- Switched from Verizon about a year ago and couldn't be happier. Their customer service over the phone has been nothing but top notch ever time I've called them. In store experience has been great too...very friendly, quick and too the point. Verizon wasn't a bad company per se, however, I always got the feeling from their customer service folks that they knew they had a great network and didn't give a crap if you stayed or not because they had plenty waiting to come aboard.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 211-30-2012 07:09 PM
- I've only been with AT&T for a couple years - switched from US Cellular. Prior to this fine phone I had an HTC Inspire 4G (rooted). Before I renewed with AT&T I checked the plans available with other carriers. It seemed like other carriers were trending towards unlimited plans or unlimited except for data plans. I don't use a lot of minutes for my phone plan, rarely text and my 2gb data plan gets me by (even with some non-carrier sanctioned tethering) so for me I save a few bucks by sticking with AT&T. I agree with the recommendation to NOT purchase from the AT&T store, I got better customer service at Best Buy and am happy with their warranty option.11-30-2012 10:06 PM
Surprisingly, no, I am not and have never been a rep, nor have I ever been in a sales position. But I know a few who are reps at different stores now, so I've become a little more educated than I was previously in what exactly goes on at these carrier stores these days behind closed doors, between managers and their sales staff.11-30-2012 10:16 PM
- 11-30-2012 10:41 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2
Thinking of switching from Verizon to At&T how is the Note 2?
- By jtbledo85 in forum SprintReplies: 7Last Post: 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM
- By bkosh84 in forum SprintReplies: 3Last Post: 05-29-2012, 05:26 AM
- By TFausett in forum IntroductionsReplies: 7Last Post: 03-17-2012, 08:40 AM
- By kilofoxtrot in forum Verizon HTC RezoundReplies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2011, 12:06 AM
- By rgm1266 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 7Last Post: 04-19-2011, 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD