new android user from iphone - need help with sms popup on lockscreen

is250sp

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user since they first came out and pretty much gotten used to their native sms app which pops up a notification in the middle of the screen even when the phone is on lock. I just got the Note 2 and was disappointed the native sms app didnt have this functionality. So I installed SMS Popup and even though it did popup in the middle of the screen when the phone is not locked, it only display in notification bar when phone is locked. I would have to unlock the phone to view the sms. My friend has the Galaxy S3 with Jellybean and SMS Popup and he say his pops up on lock......so could this be an issue with the Note 2? Has anyone gotten this to work as this could be a dealbreaker for me. I have 14 days to return it.

inspectagadget1973

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been an iPhone user since they first came out and pretty much gotten used to their native sms app which pops up a notification in the middle of the screen even when the phone is on lock. I just got the Note 2 and was disappointed the native sms app didnt have this functionality. So I installed SMS Popup and even though it did popup in the middle of the screen when the phone is not locked, it only display in notification bar when phone is locked. I would have to unlock the phone to view the sms. My friend has the Galaxy S3 with Jellybean and SMS Popup and he say his pops up on lock......so could this be an issue with the Note 2? Has anyone gotten this to work as this could be a dealbreaker for me. I have 14 days to return it.

I use handscent sms and it had this feature built in. It's free in the play store.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Nite_Grind

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm a X-Iphone user as well. I was downloaded handscent for emoji...well trying to, and I noticed the pop up feature also. Probably the closest you'll get to the Iphone to my knowledge.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't see what the issue is here...
You have led notifications, "popup" on the notification bar, when screen is locked a pop up on the lock screen that you can swipe to directly open the messaging app.

You want to see the whole message on the lock screen? Is that what you are missing?

I had an iPhone 4 a couple years ago,
So I am operating on memory here, but notifications was one issue I left over.
Android has been light years ahead in that arena, but that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

surebuttercringe

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Popup notifications on Apple is one area that they are better than Android at. It's nice to be able to see the text message without having to unlock the phone or hope that you catch it quick enough to read it in the notification bar. OP, I use Handcent SMS app for this very reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
GoSms Pro has this option too. I turned it off for now.What I like most about this one is the themes and once you text back it goes away. You can continue on to what you were doing

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech