Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By JayRatliff
  • 2 Post By Cmatt1971
  • 1 Post By LazrRocketArm
  • 1 Post By Cmatt1971
  • 1 Post By ska916jedi
  • 4 Post By OceanView
  • 1 Post By Victor R
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default About to pull the trigger need advice

Okay galaxy note 2 users I am about to get the phone never had a phone this large a couple of questions does the phone have wireless charging capabilities, is it true that when texting or using any message the note doesn't do auto correct? Is the screen better than the iPhone 5 or just as good? Man I just need advice I am liking this but it is hard to decide I wanted the nexus 4 but goog is playing games so Sammy bout to get my money any advice or info a out your thoughts after playing with this would be great.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: About to pull the trigger need advice

Quote Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    Okay galaxy note 2 users I am about to get the phone never had a phone this large a couple of questions does the phone have wireless charging capabilities, is it true that when texting or using any message the note doesn't do auto correct? Is the screen better than the iPhone 5 or just as good? Man I just need advice I am liking this but it is hard to decide I wanted the nexus 4 but goog is playing games so Sammy bout to get my money any advice or info a out your thoughts after playing with this would be great.

Okay I don't own the note 2 yet but I feel like I know everything there is to know about one (lots of research) lol Samsung has said they would introduce wireless chargers but no release date has been announced. The iPhone 5 screen is superior but the note 2 uses a amoled screen so its two different kinds of screens but with the size of the phone the screen is gorgeous imo the only downside I can find about this phone is it won't get speedy updates but it comes with unique features only Samsung offers...... hope this helps

Sent from my PC36100
    Thanked by:

I came from an iPhone 4S, was a bit skeptical to move to android. This has been the best move I have ever made. Always upgrading to the new toy has been one of my weak spots.

This phone is amazing in every way. If you enjoy freedom and always wanted to do more with your iPhone, then the Note 2 is for you.

Best battery setup I have had on a cell phone, getting 2 days on a charge. External speaker has awesome volume, hands down stomps the iPhone.

Took mine to my mom and dad's two days ago and let them play for a while. They showed up today at the house with one in both of their hands. They both upgraded for early Christmas presents!

Just like with everything, do your own research and get what you think is best.

Lovin my Note 2!!

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

It is true that the stock Samsung keyboard doesn't auto correct, but with android there are numerous options available for keyboards, some free and some that you have to pay for.
    Personally I use Smart Keyboard Pro but Swiftkey 3 is also very nice, both have tons of options to be customized to your liking.
    I came from the iPhone 5 to the Note 2 and haven't looked back, the Note 2 beats it in every category as far as I'm concerned. Even though the screen may not be quite as sharp it still looks very nice and the size more than makes up for it.
    Battery life is amazing, I make it through the day easily with heavy use.

I will say iOS probably has a better choice of games but Android is catching up and most major titles are available on both platforms now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    LazrRocketArm and OceanView like this.

I am absolutely happy with my Galaxy S3. Only reason I am looking at a Note II is some minor water damage.
    If I am replacing, like some features of the Note II.

Read the story on Phonedog about not typing texts anymore.
    I am an electrician and use my phone to take pictures all the time. I can use the S Pen to take notes more efficiently.

I like the ability of S Pen to hover over menu options to bring drop down menus on Web pages. Much easier than opening a new pages just to hit another link.

I WILL have one soon and probably keeping a phone for the full 2 years.
    Haven't done that since before my first smartphone. (Palm Treo 650)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    OceanView likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by LazrRocketArm View Post
    Read the story on Phonedog about not typing texts anymore.
    I am an electrician and use my phone to take pictures all the time. I can use the S Pen to take notes more efficiently.

I like the ability of S Pen to hover over menu options to bring drop down menus on Web pages. Much easier than opening a new pages just to hit another link.
    I find quick note taking with the s pen much easier than pulling up a keyboard to type. I have my Note 2 set to open up note pad when I pull out s pen. I also use the s pen for taking quick notes on photos for things at work, comes in very handy.

I have grown to really liking the Note 2, I can't imagine using anything else now.

Thanked by 2:
    OceanView likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cshinout View Post

Just do It. I had the iPhone since day one. I had the 4 for 2 years and was upset with what the 5 had to offer. Anyways, the keyboard sucks and I miss the iPhone auto correct one, but maybe you can find one for us. Besides that, there's way too many options and settings, but some seem to like that. Not me. I do love the size and the battery. The screen resolution was my biggest worry before switching, but it's pretty good. Make sure you do full light with the movie mode and you'll live the resolution. I will admit though, I've come to live this phone, but would switch back to iPhone if they make a wider phone. My thoughts and opinions.
    Thanked by:
    OceanView likes this.

Switching to the Note is the best move I made so far in the progression of smartphones.
    I guess you can call it evolution of smartphones?
    In anycase I know that many people get scared of the size but it's really not big at all.
    It will take a few days to get use to the size and when you do, you will not go back to a small phone.
    Whenever I pick up my wife's iPhone, it kinda makes me laugh.
    The iPhone is a phone, the Note II is a computer.
    Do it and be happy like the rest of us.

All these people are correct. I have this phone and love it. I've had the iphone since V1 and loved it but got bored with it. All upgrades to the phone were okay. The keyboard on the N2 does not autocorrect. However, it does give you a a choice of words to use if you misspell a word. Just tap and the word and its in the text. It also has a pull down where you can select more words of what it thinks you are trying to type.
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor R View Post
    All these people are correct. I have this phone and love it. I've had the iphone since V1 and loved it but got bored with it. All upgrades to the phone were okay. The keyboard on the N2 does not autocorrect. However, it does give you a a choice of words to use if you misspell a word. Just tap and the word and its in the text. It also has a pull down where you can select more words of what it thinks you are trying to type.
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...extExample.jpg
    But that's too much work. I also want to have definition if I click on the word to make sure its the correct one I want to use.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Default About to pull the trigger need advice

Would it be better to get the AT&T version or go unlocked I have spent days on YouTube and no one really says which is better. I don't mind carrier bloatware what I do mind is if they removed major features I know about the multitask but is there anything else that is missing?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If you want LTE then get the the AT&T version, I think the multi page app is the only thing I know that is missing all of AT&Ts bloatware can be disabled in application manager.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

At&t says that update is coming in January but who knows if it will come with all the apps the international version has

Quote Originally Posted by Victor R View Post
    http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...extExample.jpg
    Have you tried the swipe keyboard?
    It has auto correct and I think its actually faster to use.
    Try it out.

SwiftKey for me, but yes... Many secondary keyboard apps are good.
    SwiftKey or swype.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Started using swipe keyboard more now. I need practice. It goes ok for now

Started using Swiftkey 3 the last couple of days, will be purchasing this app. It learns as you go and to send someone a txt now it takes about 12 touches to write two full sentences. I am definitely a fan!

If you download the nexux 4 Jelly Bean 4.2 keyboard, it'll do auto correct......

I found out the hard way last nite. LOL

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    But that's too much work. I also want to have definition if I click on the word to make sure its the correct one I want to use.
    Just get SwiftKey. It's the best keyboard available. Amazing prediction engine. And now it has Swype like features available with SwiftKey Flow. You can get the Beta release for free at www.swiftkey.net/flow

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4