Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Heelp pleasse! Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not lock!

So I have gone onto settings-lock screen- and then put in a screen lock. I also have "lock instantly with power key" ticked and I have set it to lock automatically. I have been trying to fix this with all different settings all day but for some reason, when I click the power button on the side of the phone to lock the screen, it doesn't lock! The phone screen goes black (as it should) but then to unlock, it doesn't ask me for a password. Am I missing something here?? Surely this should be simple. Everyone can use my phone..

(Another note: If I'm on my phone and I open up my messages in the pull down notification menu, it does ask me for a password, but this is the only time it does)

I can't find anything on this online. Someone please heelp!

Default Re: Heelp pleasse! Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not lock!

I know it sounds simple. But, did you restart your phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Did you adjust the "secured lock time" settings?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Heelp pleasse! Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not lock!-uploadfromtaptalk1354491299017.jpg  
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep. I've done both of these...
    HOSTILEDUTY likes this.

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Just tried to set up mine and I have the same issue. Prob. a software Issue.

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II

Just lower your timer to 15 seconds, it will get you by until the update. Not finding any other references to this occurring commonly.

Just tested mine and it works fine, however, I am using the pattern lock, not a pin code lock. You might try the pattern lock and see if it will work.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Ok so I've tried a pattern, password and pin lock.. with no success.. I've tried the "lock instantly with power key" and I've changed the timer to screen lock in "15 seconds after screen automatically turns off". I've called Samsung helpline and they told me to switch it off and take the battery out- but that didn't work either..

@acbuescher - let me know if you find a solution! Thanks for the replies

You could hard reset your phone if it is a software issue occurring randomly.
    1. Backup all your data
    2. Hard reset your phone
    3. Restore your data

Not sure how savy you are, but you cold flash the stock ROM back in an attempt to fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Lam View Post
    Ok so I've tried a pattern, password and pin lock.. with no success.. I've tried the "lock instantly with power key" and I've changed the timer to screen lock in "15 seconds after screen automatically turns off". I've called Samsung helpline and they told me to switch it off and take the battery out- but that didn't work either..

@acbuescher - let me know if you find a solution! Thanks for the replies
    If it was me is take it back for a new one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Hey my phone was doing the same thing. I went to security and screen lock then put it on swipe and pressed home. Let me know if it works for you!

Same thing is happening for my Note 2. Got this lovely device yesterday and I still can't get the screen to lock more than once. I tried the battery removal. I am going to take it back tomorrow.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by GarTheConquer View Post
    Same thing is happening for my Note 2. Got this lovely device yesterday and I still can't get the screen to lock more than once. I tried the battery removal. I am going to take it back tomorrow.
    Did you do.a factory restore?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I'll try that today and report back. I read somewhere that I must wait until some kind of setup is complete before signing in with my Gmail account because of this"no lock screen glitch."

Talking Re: Heelp pleasse! Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not lock!

Here's what you do.

1. Settings > Lock Screen > Screen Lock then set your pin
    2. On the same Lock screen setting screen > Secured lock time > Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out

Done. When your screen times out or you press lock key. Press lock key again and it'll ask you to enter the pin.

As stupid as it sounds, this screen lock is considered "Secured lock" which requires another timing set up regardless of your display time out settings.

p.s. You don't need to lower this secured lock by 15 seconds. You can have it locked instantly or whenever your other display time out setting kicks in. This feature is to allow people to not having to put in the pin every time their display is turned off, but only if it's off by X minutes.

My note II straight went into home without asking me to swipe the screen , what happened to my phone ???
    Last edited by Daogeii Junhao; 01-31-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Mine is working perfectly fine.
    Lock screen and password feature works.
    Maybe return it and get a new one...

lol exact same thing happend wid m also i freaked out as well..

just uncheck lock immedtialy wid power key ,

and go to lock automatically> immediatly

and tada it will be all normal

hope this works

Smile Re: Heelp pleasse! Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not lock!

Hi I got solution you press the power key until u see the Samsung note 11 after restart problem solve

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I was having the same problem and after playing with it and many apps it turned out to be something with gosms, once i uninstalled go the lockscreen worked fine, reinstall it and the problem comes back. Been with handcent for about 24 hours now and not one problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone Lam View Post
    So I have gone onto settings-lock screen- and then put in a screen lock. I also have "lock instantly with power key" ticked and I have set it to lock automatically. I have been trying to fix this with all different settings all day but for some reason, when I click the power button on the side of the phone to lock the screen, it doesn't lock! The phone screen goes black (as it should) but then to unlock, it doesn't ask me for a password. Am I missing something here?? Surely this should be simple. Everyone can use my phone..

(Another note: If I'm on my phone and I open up my messages in the pull down notification menu, it does ask me for a password, but this is the only time it does)

I can't find anything on this online. Someone please heelp!
    I'm guessing her lock screen is working now..???

Use All in one toolbox and clean your system...and your note 2 will lock again!!! I had this problem too! Try it and you will see! Love and peace!

ALL IN ONE TOOLBOX application from google play! Install it! Press quick boost!!! Press power button. Then again press the power button! Lock works now!!! WOOOW. Satisfied?? Hope will work for you!

...or install ACTIVE LOCKSCREEN from google play! Cheers!

Try MX HOMESCREEN or ACTIVE LOCKSCREEN!

Hi, I have the Samsung Galaxy Note I and it recently did an automatic jellybean update.... and my screen lock will not work either.... have double checked all steps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast