Launcher and keyboard reset every reboot

riftware

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere but my search skills didn't turn it up.

I'm running a stock Galaxy Note II on AT&T. I have SlideIt and ADW-EX installed and they work great - until I reboot. After every reboot the phone seems to loose my saved preference to use ADW always for my launcher and SlideIT as the default input method. I've been using Android for years and hadn't had this problem until I got the Note II. I have not rooted at this point on this particular phone. Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer not to factory reset if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Not having this issue, I am running Swiftkey 3 and Nova. However, before I installed any apps or made any changes to my Note 2, I rooted right off the bat.

I am also using HomeSmack, that may be why it is sticking. Found Here It allows you to set your default launcher, input method, and browser. I moved over from iFail land and wanted to try all the options before I took up with one. So I got it in order to switch back and forth easily.

riftware

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - I'll look into it, however I believe that works in the same manner that the previous version of his product did - it just gives you a nice easy one stop shop for clearing default app and setting a new one. My problem is that the default launcher is forgotten on reboot and the default keyboard reverts to the original one on reboot. It's like it's not persisting the choice to storage, only to memory or something of that nature. I will give it a try though.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I understand the problem, I'm just trying to say that I don't have the problem and trying to explain my setup in an effort to maybe help you.

If you install homesmack and don't have the problem then it was worth a shot to at least try

Lovin my Note 2!!

mxb54587

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I'mhaving the same problem wwith swift key 3. I have seen other people with this issue as well. In regards to swift key I think I remember the issue being that it has not been updated for jellybean and yet. My phone is not rooted and im still running stock toutchwiz, so the only thing I have to fix when I reboot is swift key.

detfan

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I too have this problem. Bad thing is the only reason I am having to reboot is because twice a day I am not getting service. only way to fix it is reboot. Taking this back to AT&T this morning.
Anyone else having this issue? It seems like when it sits idle for a while, I have to restart my phone in order to get my service back. Only reason I noticed is because people were telling me one day I was not answering my phone or text messages. so I rebooted and they all started popping up. this is has been an issue for a week now.

riftware

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
It's not really a solution but it is quicker than a reboot - the service loss only affected me about 3 times now in the past 2 weeks.....having had another phone with similar issue I tried this and it works. Turn on airplane mode then turn it back off. Still a work around but not as bad as a reboot.

mballs4life

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with Swiftkey and Smart Keyboard. Happened on the original one I purchased and the one I swapped it out for. On AT&T

Benny Morrison

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is happening for me with the Calendar notification settings for the default Calendar app and the Samsung app plus the 'Keep screen on' setting in the Samsung Calendar for notifications. Horribly annoying to have to set these each day/reboot.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher Pro doesn't reset every time for me, but I believe it has been updated for Jelly Bean 4.1.2. Swiftkey, however, DOES reset every startup, and yes, it IS annoying.

ryandigweed

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this same issue using a Galaxy Note 1 , with a custom rom. My widgets are also reset, and my lockscreen dashclock widgets are reset as well. So is my accessibility settings :(

GadgetgirL76

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a launcher installed at this time but my keyboard settings reset after rebooting. I have thumb keyboard installed. Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!!

sent from my AT&T GN2

rankar7

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if this is covered somewhere but my search skills didn't turn it up.

I'm running a stock Galaxy Note II on AT&T. I have SlideIt and ADW-EX installed and they work great - until I reboot. After every reboot the phone seems to loose my saved preference to use ADW always for my launcher and SlideIT as the default input method. I've been using Android for years and hadn't had this problem until I got the Note II. I have not rooted at this point on this particular phone. Anyone have any ideas? I'd prefer not to factory reset if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance!

sorry this problem with the keyboard default resetting will not be fixed until 4.2.2. the only way it won't reset is if you go to a non-paid keyboard app (for example, if swiftkey launches a beta then you can install the beta and it won't reset after reboot).

for your launcher, go into applications manager, clear program defaults, reboot, then re-select ADW as your default launcher.