Google Navigation

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I;ve been using Google Nav since I got the phone and I like it. However, does anybody know if you can enter more than one destination per route. Like a poi otw to your final destination. Or, if you are using a different nav app please say which one and why? Thanks. I've always purchased nav units and map updates.

JayRatliff

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I;ve been using Google Nav since I got the phone and I like it. However, does anybody know if you can enter more than one destination per route. Like a poi otw to your final destination. Or, if you are using a different nav app please say which one and why? Thanks. I've always purchased nav units and map updates.

Google Nav has a "search along route" feature, after you have delegated your route, you can search for your favorite spot along that route and it will add the stop along the way. Couldn't find anything on actually setting multiple destinations, from A to B to C. Just have to go to B, then swap over to C.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I did a little test on the way home from work today to test out Google Nav battery usage. I have a 30 min drive home. I connected via BT to my head unit with nav and pandora running and no charging. I used 8% for a 30 min drive. So, based on that usage you will use, you will use 100% battery in 7 hrs. I guess unless you turn off BT you would get some more time out of it. With it connected to my head unit Kenwood dnx6140, music would play out my back speakers while nav was announced out of front speakers.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I did a little test on the way home from work today to test out Google Nav battery usage. I have a 30 min drive home. I connected via BT to my head unit with nav and pandora running and no charging. I used 8% for a 30 min drive. So, based on that usage you will use, you will use 100% battery in 7 hrs. I guess unless you turn off BT you would get some more time out of it. With it connected to my head unit Kenwood dnx6140, music would play out my back speakers while nav was announced out of front speakers.

That's why I would have a charger plugged into the vehicle. Especially for navigation use.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I usually use Wisepilot. It costs $30 for the lifetime of your phone, is very reliable and you can set intermediate stops.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
At&t nav causes $10/month. Google Nav is free. Mapquest is another free nav with spoken directions. You can get it on google play. As I said in another post, I use Wisepilot that works very well. You can also download that from google play. It has a 5 day free trial and than is a one time fee of $30 for lifetime of your phone. I have found that wisepilot works better than google nav.

What's the difference in the Google app and tge AT&T one?

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a usb port in my vehicle that will charge. I just hook up bluetooth with music and then hook up to usb port. I get to my destination, no matter how far with more battery then when I left unless I was already at 100%. Of course, battery charger will work exactly the same.

Victor R

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Yea. I got a couple of them in the car. Was just curious to see how much battery would go down with google nav running. I read somewhere it loved battery power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20