Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Galaxy note 2 turn off by itself

Quote Originally Posted by whitecollar View Post
    Yes please let us know. It's my office voicemail I check with it but it was so hellish before I'm not putting it back on my phone until I'm fairly sure it won't bother me again. Thanks to all of you for identifying it as the problem.
    i've been randomly putting note2 out of wifi, back into range, manually turning off wifi, shutting phone down, etc. for last hour and so far so good with the AT&T VM Viewer app installed and running. At least now if the note2 starts rebooting, etc. I know which app I'll be looking at first. But like I said, so far so good!

Over 24 hours with the update installed and not a single reboot, so this is looking very positive!

I had the same problem and spent months trying to fix it,, simple solution, root your phone,, look up att root for galaxy note and it will give you step by step instructions, shouldn't take you more than5min

Quote Originally Posted by rankar7 View Post
    i've been randomly putting note2 out of wifi, back into range, manually turning off wifi, shutting phone down, etc. for last hour and so far so good with the AT&T VM Viewer app installed and running. At least now if the note2 starts rebooting, etc. I know which app I'll be looking at first. But like I said, so far so good!
    just an update here guys: about five days since I downloaded the updated AT&T VM Viewer app and have had it installed and running as well. Not a single freeze and subsequent restart. Nice to have my home voicemail viewer back.

I am currently experiencing this same issue on my SGN2 and I do not have the voicemail viewer application. My phone will appear to be in a powered-off state (minus the LED); however, nothing i do aside from reseat the battery will allow me to regain control of the phone. Sometimes I will be texting my girlfriend or whoever and after awhile I'll realize I am not getting any texts. My only point is that, I'll be doing almost nothing with my phone, not even carrying it around the house or doing anything other than texting, yet somehow it happens.

I should also mention that I experienced the same problem on my first Note 2, but at the time I thought it was due to a custom rom. I replaced and I am still experiencing the same problem.

I also read throughout the thread issues in regards to the change from wifi to lte connection could potentially be an issue? The wifi at my apartment is somewhat intermittent due to an old, faulty router. I am in the process of replacing that.

I am currently running JB 4.2.2, CM 10.1 -- flashing the 20130328 nightly as we speak. I'm not certain what I was running on the previous phone, but I do think it was 4.1.2.

Thanks in advance for any feedback or insight you provide. I am considering trying to get rid of this phone and pick up an S4. Although, I havent had time to look into whether or not people are experiencing the same problems on that device yet or not.

I've had my Galaxy Note for 4 months from T-mobile and recently it updated to 4.1.2. I've suddenly experienced the same problem you've all discussed twice. About 8 hours apart. I've contacted my service provider who suggested that the reason for it was the usage of RAM from all the applications; however I don't use many apps, nor do I download many. Many of you have suggested it's the result of downloading an app or using bluetooth or some kind of connectivity issues, but I've had none of that and since it's happened the only thing I've done is update my phone. I have to agree with dopedsmurf, it may very well be the update.

I haven't tried the factory reset; if it is the update, perhaps the people up in android can take a look into it and fix it??

Hey, that's exactly what I faced today, I was listening to music and my phone just shut down with no response at all, there is a small faint light that keeps blinking out of the proximity sensor... I tried everything possible and I even went to the service center, the folks there at the service center examined the phone and found that the motherboard is faulty and they would be sending in a replacement for me tomorrow... I'm unsure if the replacement would be a new or a refurbished one... but I'm hoping it would be new! :P

The issue has nothing to do with software. The phone is flawed and shuts off on it's own under various conditions, all hardware related. Take a look at this video:

Also take a look at this site I built that goes in to more detail regarding the issue:

One look at that short video and I am sure there will be some light bulbs going off. Be sure to read the details I provided on that site as well. They go in to detail about the problems that I have had and the lack of proper support that Samsung is willing to provide.
    Last edited by Steve Waldrop; 04-14-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Waldrop View Post
    The issue has nothing to do with software. The phone is flawed and shuts off on it's own under various conditions, all hardware related. Take a look at this video:

Also take a look at this site I built that goes in to more detail regarding the issue:

One look at that short video and I am sure there will be some light bulbs going off. Be sure to read the details I provided on that site as well. They go in to detail about the problems that I have had and the lack of proper support that Samsung is willing to provide.
    I tried to drop the phone without case a few times similar to what you did, no shut down.

I am not really shocked by Verizon, Samsung attitude , the techs you are dealing with are most likely not tech savvy. Basic stuff no problem. Beyond that, they will want to send you a replacement. That seems to be their solution

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

yes my phone cut off twice on me I am concerned about it also wondering if there is some type of malfunction with in the program on the phone

Samsung has recently released an update as samsung galaxy s3 users were facing freezing issues worldwide... And looks like that issue was resolved.

Check if there is any update available for note 2.

Quote Originally Posted by elij38jah41 View Post
    yes my phone cut off twice on me I am concerned about it also wondering if there is some type of malfunction with in the program on the phone

Hey all, coming to you from Samsung land itself. South Korea. South Korean carrier. It has nothing to do with the carrier because my phone does the same thing. Randomly turns off. What a disappointment. Phone's great in every other aspect but if you're running a business, you need your phone to work properly. Took to the Samsung repair center here in Korea, a major, major repair center, and they said it was an issue with the power button. Didn't understand it all since he was speaking Korean, but they replaced the power button with a little smaller one. That did the trick for about a month and now it's doing it again. Not a clue. Just thought I'd let you know it's probably a hardware issue. I was so psyched to get this phone...waited for months! This will be my last Samsung product for sure.

Me again, the guy in Korea. Took it again to the major Samsung repair center. I wish I could have brought my Korean wife because my Korean language skills are nil, and so are most Koreans' English skills. Anyway I asked to replace the unit itself and got a big song and dance. Tap dance tap dance. Don't need language skills to figure that one out lol. HOWEVER, He kept going on about the battery. I think the gist of it was, not to keep charging the battery when its not fully discharged (like an iPhone) and to swap out the batteries after every full discharge. I was guilty of that. He gave me a new battery and it's made a difference so far. Yesterday before the new battery, even though I had fully charged the old battery the night before, it turned itself off twice on the way to the repair center!
    Then after switching to the new battery yesterday, no turn offs yet. Might be something to this!

Any fixes for this problem is greatly appreciated. I just picked up a new note 2 off ebay and have 30 days to return it. I'm experiencing this problem and it's pretty annoying. I did an update hoping it would fix it but it didn't. I have to yank the battery a couple times a day to get it to turn on. When this happens the screen is black but the blue LED usually pulses slightly but no buttons respond. I think the blue LED has also has flashed off and on before as well. I finally had the phone all set up with circle launcher the way I wanted and it happened again last night... but this time it reset everything. Very annoying, now I have to reset up everything. If I have to worry about not leaving the phone on the charger I may just go with another phone. I wonder if this issue is related to any of the other Samsung phones.

Hi. I will try to answer to your question, and I hope my answer will help you and every body who experience the same problem. I have my Samsung for last 7 month, and I never had that problem even it felt down once and glass was broken. But yesterday I downloaded the app which did made my phone experience the same problems you have. My suggestion delete all the apps you installed. and try to reboot it by using 3 buttons.

See if it is helps if not that you can take it to service but do not forget to synchronize your telephone with you pc so you can save all important information.

Hope it will help you

Global Posts
    463 Global Posts

My phone acts exactly the same way. A small drop causes a reset. Sometimes it becomes totally unresponsive. I've noticed this after completing a phone call. Seems to be a hardware defect or design flaw judging from the number of reports of this

Posted via Android Central App

ten days in with the new battery and switching them out daily, plus not interrupting the charge, and letting each battery run fully down. No auto power down issues at all on the new battery! What a difference. Just get a new battery (or two), charge and re-charge using the external charge box, switch batteries out, and you'll see some improvement. Make sure the battery was not built in 2012. They have dates on them.

my samsung galaxy note 2 just turned off on me... i took the battery out and put it back in and it still didnt turn on so i put it on charge and the red notification light came on but whenever i press anything the light goes off and i dont know whats wrong

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigoldthor View Post
    BTT...Starting to get a little annoyed with random reboots.

It didn't start happening until the last few days...now it's happening 2-3 times per day. And it's not because of Avast! because I don't even use that or have it installed. Not sure what's going on, but I hate the idea of a factory reset and having to reinstall and reconfigure everything.

Anyone have any knowledge of any other rogue programs out there that are known to cause this?
    I don't think it's any program doing it. I've had my note 2 about 3 weeks. It has done this once. If it did it this several times a day like your experiencing I would have called Verizon and had gotten a replacement immediately!

sent from my Galaxy Note 2

I think Samsung galaxy note is unable to handle touch screen interrupts because whenever I carry the phone in my pocket there are more frequent deaths than when i keep it on table... however it still dies once every fortnight independent of where i keep it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123