Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: Galaxy note 2 turn off by itself

New battery changed nothing. Swapped them out several times and nothing.

Recently travelled for work and set the alarm clock in the hotel room as I could no longer trust the phone. Forgot to leave the screen unlocked while it was plugged in over night.

The phone has been working 100% perfect since. I have NO IDEA why it is now working. I've been updating apps as updates are available... but since removing all apps from the phone had no effect on random-ish powering off I can't say that it is/was app related.

While I'm ecstatic about having my phone back I am frustrated about why it went wonky, why it stayed wonky for so long and why it is now working like nothing ever happened to it.

If I ever discover the cause I will report back!

And now I'm back to random shutdowns... 3 or more in the last 3 days.

This is maddening again

Default Galaxy note 2 turn off by itself

The same have happen to me. My phone won't even be dead and it just randomly cuts off andthis last time it cut off, i put it on the charger and cut it back on and all my pics and videos and music and notes were gone. I called T-Mobile and told them and they couldn't even tell me what to do. But, I Dont think they are actually gone because on my Clean Master, my storage space is still low. If all that deleted, then I would have so much more space. I just want my stuff bad .

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

I wouldn't use the clean master app. It causes more trouble than it fixes

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

My phone an AT&T galaxy note 2 at 4.4.2 is rebooting a few times a day. The phone back doesn't fit well but looks like this be a software issue. I did a factory reset a few weeks ago because of lockups. I used smart switch and backed up everything. When I restored all my calender entities were gone. I tried restoring then again and no appointments. So things are screwed up here.

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dlcpa View Post
    My phone an AT&T galaxy note 2 at 4.4.2 is rebooting a few times a day. The phone back doesn't fit well but looks like this be a software issue. I did a factory reset a few weeks ago because of lockups. I used smart switch and backed up everything. When I restored all my calender entities were gone. I tried restoring then again and no appointments. So things are screwed up here.
    Since that time 4 wks ago my phone totally died. I believe it fried itself to death because of an improper server address setting for my Microsoft live.com acct. I wonder if all of you who had that shutting off problem, losing data, hot phone, battery draining too fast, lockups etc., had a Microsoft email acct that continually tried to access a bad server address, heated up and fried parts of your phone?

Posted via the Android Central App
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234