Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#AC View Post
    Once you flash your 1st rom you will be hooked.....no doubt.
    This is so true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    This is so true.

yeah man.
    I got flash hooked on Sprint 1st HTC EVO 4G years ago , It was a shocker coming from blackberry seeing what android had to offer but gees battery life was sad back then lol
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

yeah man.
    I got flash hooked on Sprint 1st HTC EVO 4G years ago , It was a shocker coming from blackberry seeing what android had to offer but gees battery life was sad back then lol
    Just finished my rooting and flashing this new rom on my note 2 I guess I will have to see how my battery life is really affected. I am really liking the multiwindow feature though. Im glad I did it lol I wonder how come att won't take the initiative and go ahead and do that update for everyone because its simple you know. Thanks for the information however

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Ok, so I have never rooted. Don't have a Note II, yet. But might root my GS3 until I do get the Note. Maybe that should be a different forum, but think it applies here as well.

Once you root and install custom ROMs, what do you do for backups? Can you still backup with KIES?

Thanks for indulging me. Think you guys are finally talking me into the Android Dark Side :o

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not sure if Kies will still work or not, I never use it.

The 2 best options for backing up when rooted are:
    Titanium Backup from PlayStore, it allows you to backup Alps and data associated the them. Such as progress in a game, it settings for the app.

For a complete backup if system settings and ROM, Nandroid backup from within the new recovery you have flashed. Whether it is Clockwork Mod or TWRP, they both do a great jib of making a restore point for whatever ROM you are running.

Thanked by:

Not here. I will not do it to obtain features that should by default be on the device. Features that the manufacturer "designed"the device around. For me, enough is enough. I'm not going to do what they are paid to do, but messed up.

Besides the fact that I purchased it and use it as my daily work tool that I rely on. They need to come with what they advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    Just finished my rooting and flashing this new rom on my note 2 I guess I will have to see how my battery life is really affected. I am really liking the multiwindow feature though. Im glad I did it lol I wonder how come att won't take the initiative and go ahead and do that update for everyone because its simple you know. Thanks for the information however

You usually wont see true battery life improvement until full charge cycle.
    Let it get down to 5% then full charge overnight.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    Not here. I will not do it to obtain features that should by default be on the device. Features that the manufacturer "designed"the device around. For me, enough is enough. I'm not going to do what they are paid to do, but messed up.

Besides the fact that I purchased it and use it as my daily work tool that I rely on. They need to come with what they advertised.
    Oh I understand were your coming from felt the same way once upon a time then woke up to the fact that most carriers suc.
    From there it only made sense to get what I wanted out of device rooting was a great option opening features carrier would never provide.
    The current custom rom I'm on is my Daily driver providing much better performance then stock every did or will.
    When att finally releases multi-view build a developer will customize making it even better removing bloat , adding tweaks bettering overall rom performance.....Its the android way

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I've been running the CleanROM 3.0.1 and it has been great, very fast and stable, there should be a new version of it coming out pretty soon with even more features, I have been following the thread for it on XDA pretty close.

ha Cleanrom got updated installing now

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

ha Cleanrom got updated installing now
    I knew it was coming soon.

Nope, won't do it. Android way or not, I will not void any type of warranty because they are lax. For me, that's not waking up, that's giving up the power of my hard earned money. There are just some things worth fighting for because it's "just and right". That as a customer and consumer, your promised and pay for a product and it is not what they advertised, you should not have to "break your contract"to deliver the features that that they advertised.

Oh I understand were your coming from felt the same way once upon a time then woke up to the fact that most carriers suc.
    From there it only made sense to get what I wanted out of device rooting was a great option opening features carrier would never provide.
    The current custom rom I'm on is my Daily driver providing much better performance then stock every did or will.
    When att finally releases multi-view build a developer will customize making it even better removing bloat , adding tweaks bettering overall rom performance.....Its the android way

Ok, once I have root and super user, I need to do a backup correct? And then flash the cleaner rom from the sd card correct?

Or is there another step that I am missing?

Ok, once I have root and super user, I need to do a backup correct? And then flash the cleaner rom from the sd card correct?

Or is there another step that I am missing?
    After root you will want to install TWRP
    That can be done easily by installing goomanager at playstore , There's a how to video watch carefully .

After you get TWRP installed make backup then put Cleanrom zip onto SD and flash using TWRP

Ok, let me go grab goomanager.

And is the 3.3 from Scotts roms stable? And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's power+home+volume up correct?

Thanks btw... I am going to need the function for some idf/mdf work tomorrow. I just can't wait on them any longer Unfortunately.

Ok, let me go grab goomanager.

And is the 3.3 from Scotts roms stable? And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's power+home+volume up correct?

Thanks btw... I am going to need the function for some idf/mdf work tomorrow. I just can't wait on them any longer Unfortunately.
    Cleanrom 3.3 is more stable then stock rom..
    Yes Volup , powerkey & home key at same time , hold until TWRP splash screen is displayed.
    From there make backup.
    After that's complete reutrun back to TWRP home screen &
    Wipe data/cache
    Format system
    Install rom you placed on sd card
    Reboot
    Thanked by 2:
    4mynikka, acordo01 and No Chance like this.

Cleanrom 3.3 is more stable then stock rom..
    Yes Volup , powerkey & home key at same time , hold until TWRP splash screen is displayed.
    From there make backup.
    After that's complete reutrun back to TWRP home screen &
    Wipe data/cache
    Format system
    Install rom you placed on sd card
    Reboot
    Hey I did want to say thanks for the advice I'm really happy with the results. My battery has lasted longer. And I feel as if it's quicker. I'm loving the multi window. It's nice. Thanks once again.
    Posting a picture of my set up. With the multi window menu open.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?-uploadfromtaptalk1355725687236.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    No Chance likes this.

Dude, this is awesome! It was so easy to do compared to how I have always had to do it in the past! Thank you a million! This will allow me to do my work!

Wow, Ok, I can see why you guys are hooked. This method is easy! Do you know of any stable and great roms for the original note as that is what my wife has?

I still hold that we shouldn't have to do this, but you all are right, the carriers are horrible! It would have taken them Lord knows how long to push this out.

Wow, Ok, I can see why you guys are hooked. This method is easy! Do you know of any stable and great roms for the original note as that is what my wife has?

I still hold that we shouldn't have to do this, but you all are right, the carriers are horrible! It would have taken them Lord knows how long to push this out.
    I'm not sure about Note1 roms & root method, that device has different method with different files that need to be used to obtain root.

And yes you will become a Note2 flashoholic lol ,The key to being a good one is always making backup of current setup before flashing different roms . tweaks etc that way if things go bad...if your not happy with results you can restore previous backup.

I thought about it and actually, I don't think I'm going to do hers. Keeps it simple. And yes, lol I have done three backups through the process. I think I may stay with his, as they seem to be very stable with no loss of features or performance.

And you mentioned the battery life should be even better? I'm getting a good 16 hours at least already?

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    Hey I did want to say thanks for the advice I'm really happy with the results. My battery has lasted longer. And I feel as if it's quicker. I'm loving the multi window. It's nice. Thanks once again.
    Posting a picture of my set up. With the multi window menu open.

Np acordo glad I could help.

I'm thinking about starting thread on "How to root" so those new to Android don't short change their selves.
    Don't get me wrong GN2 is the best device available...Stock is great but running custom rom takes it to much higher level as you have found.
    Thanked by:
    destefmx6 likes this.

I thought about it and actually, I don't think I'm going to do hers. Keeps it simple. And yes, lol I have done three backups through the process. I think I may stay with his, as they seem to be very stable with no loss of features or performance.

And you mentioned the battery life should be even better? I'm getting a good 16 hours at least already?
    Yeah Ive found Cleanrom to be the most stable thus far but there will always be another custom rom /Kernel/Tweak that will catch your interest so ALWAYS Backup before flashing and enjoy.
    Yeah battery life will get better f,sure after full discharge , Let it drain down to 5% or so then full charge overnight.

Oh and for those that don't know Cleanrom3.3 has a very cool feature I discovered during weekend.
    Go to application screen and click on Multiwindow control app , from there you can choose what apps you want to add to multiview feature.
    As a test I had Directv app & youtube app sound and video streaming at same time in multiview lol
    Both apps preformed perfectly this device is a beast Samsung rocks

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I got one even better, here's a shot running slingplayer and YouTube at the same time on one screen.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?-uploadfromtaptalk1355765787076.jpg  
    acordo01 likes this.

You should! Using the twrp method! This is the simplest root and rom install I have ever though about doing! I did it easily from your instructions also. And lol, I ran yon that feature tinkering around with it on a break.

Np acordo glad I could help.

I'm thinking about starting thread on "How to root" so those new to Android don't short change their selves.
    Don't get me wrong GN2 is the best device available...Stock is great but running custom rom takes it to much higher level as you have found.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast