Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Cleanrom 3.3 is more stable then stock rom..
Yes Volup , powerkey & home key at same time , hold until TWRP splash screen is displayed.
From there make backup.
After that's complete reutrun back to TWRP home screen &
Wipe data/cache
Format system
Install rom you placed on sd card
Reboot

Hey I did want to say thanks for the advice I'm really happy with the results. My battery has lasted longer. And I feel as if it's quicker. I'm loving the multi window. It's nice. Thanks once again.
Posting a picture of my set up. With the multi window menu open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355725687236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355725687236.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 115

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Dude, this is awesome! It was so easy to do compared to how I have always had to do it in the past! Thank you a million! This will allow me to do my work!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Ok, I can see why you guys are hooked. This method is easy! Do you know of any stable and great roms for the original note as that is what my wife has?

I still hold that we shouldn't have to do this, but you all are right, the carriers are horrible! It would have taken them Lord knows how long to push this out.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Ok, I can see why you guys are hooked. This method is easy! Do you know of any stable and great roms for the original note as that is what my wife has?

I still hold that we shouldn't have to do this, but you all are right, the carriers are horrible! It would have taken them Lord knows how long to push this out.
I'm not sure about Note1 roms & root method, that device has different method with different files that need to be used to obtain root.

And yes you will become a Note2 flashoholic lol ,The key to being a good one is always making backup of current setup before flashing different roms . tweaks etc that way if things go bad...if your not happy with results you can restore previous backup.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I thought about it and actually, I don't think I'm going to do hers. Keeps it simple. And yes, lol I have done three backups through the process. I think I may stay with his, as they seem to be very stable with no loss of features or performance.

And you mentioned the battery life should be even better? I'm getting a good 16 hours at least already?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey I did want to say thanks for the advice I'm really happy with the results. My battery has lasted longer. And I feel as if it's quicker. I'm loving the multi window. It's nice. Thanks once again.
Posting a picture of my set up. With the multi window menu open.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
Np acordo glad I could help.

I'm thinking about starting thread on "How to root" so those new to Android don't short change their selves.
Don't get me wrong GN2 is the best device available...Stock is great but running custom rom takes it to much higher level as you have found.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I thought about it and actually, I don't think I'm going to do hers. Keeps it simple. And yes, lol I have done three backups through the process. I think I may stay with his, as they seem to be very stable with no loss of features or performance.

And you mentioned the battery life should be even better? I'm getting a good 16 hours at least already?
Yeah Ive found Cleanrom to be the most stable thus far but there will always be another custom rom /Kernel/Tweak that will catch your interest so ALWAYS Backup before flashing and enjoy.
Yeah battery life will get better f,sure after full discharge , Let it drain down to 5% or so then full charge overnight.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Oh and for those that don't know Cleanrom3.3 has a very cool feature I discovered during weekend.
Go to application screen and click on Multiwindow control app , from there you can choose what apps you want to add to multiview feature.
As a test I had Directv app & youtube app sound and video streaming at same time in multiview lol
Both apps preformed perfectly this device is a beast Samsung rocks

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I got one even better, here's a shot running slingplayer and YouTube at the same time on one screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355765787076.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355765787076.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 89

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You should! Using the twrp method! This is the simplest root and rom install I have ever though about doing! I did it easily from your instructions also. And lol, I ran yon that feature tinkering around with it on a break.

I'm thinking about starting thread on "How to root" so those new to Android don't short change their selves.
Don't get me wrong GN2 is the best device available...Stock is great but running custom rom takes it to much higher level as you have found.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I got one even better, here's a shot running slingplayer and YouTube at the same time on one screen.

Oh my the Slingbox , I haven't used that in years mine has collected a lot of dust.
When DTV apps etc became available it cut slingbox out of my loop.
I was a big fan of it though ,It became my username in many forums

Gdauti1981

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site

Please do!

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the reply I tried to send you? I'm not sure it went through, so here it is. If anyone wishes to correct me, please do, as I'm no expert by far:

Honestly because I did sort of a mix method that was ridiculously easy I can tell you, but no responsibilities in me Ok?

Ok the first thing is to download the apk from xda that allows root by exploiting the vulnerability with the exynos processor. It's called Exynos Exploit 1.0. You then have to go into developer options and select "allow install from unknown sources"..

Then, when you run it, look for the super user widget within your application widgets. Grant access and you then have root.

Go to the play store and download Goomanager. Be sure to watch the description video to the end and fully understand the process.

Once you have installed goo, follow the video instructions to install twrp from the menu. Then grant it super user.

The next thing is to download Cleanrom 3.3 from scottsroms. Com or from xda. Save it to your sd card.

Once you have downloaded that, boot into twrp and create a backup. Don't forget this step! If anything goes wrong, you won't have a build to go back to.

Then, once you have the backup, boot back into twrp and select install. It should show your sd card. Navigate to the cleanerom zip file and make sure you select to cache delete and factory wipe.

Let it run, select the options you want. I selected the stock kernel and the applications I wanted to be installed. Then, when you reboot, don't be surprised if it takes a while to come up. Just let it sit until it does. You will see a black screen with the nexus "x"in the middle of it. Then you know your good! It should go into your security screen, and just proceed as normal.

Play with it for a second to make sure your functionality is there, then go back into goo, boot to twrp, create another backup under a different name that you will remember. Then simply restart the phone and play with the new functions!

In this forum, there is a thread and video about the features of Android 4.1.2 on the note 2. I actually subscribed to the guy because he gives tons of tipson the note 2.

But that's it. It took me longer to write this, than it will for you to complete the whole process. Just make sure you have a fully, or almost fully charged battery and you should be good.

Please do!

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Oh my the Slingbox , I haven't used that in years mine has collected a lot of dust.
When DTV apps etc became available it cut slingbox out of my loop.
I was a big fan of it though ,It became my username in many forums

I know what you mean, I don't use it as much as I used to, but there are times when it still comes in handy for watching shows that may not be available by other means.

Gdauti1981

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the reply I tried to send you? I'm not sure it went through, so here it is. If anyone wishes to correct me, please do, as I'm no expert by far:

Honestly because I did sort of a mix method that was ridiculously easy I can tell you, but no responsibilities in me Ok?

Ok the first thing is to download the apk from xda that allows root by exploiting the vulnerability with the exynos processor. It's called Exynos Exploit 1.0. You then have to go into developer options and select "allow install from unknown sources"..

Then, when you run it, look for the super user widget within your application widgets. Grant access and you then have root.

Go to the play store and download Goomanager. Be sure to watch the description video to the end and fully understand the process.

Once you have installed goo, follow the video instructions to install twrp from the menu. Then grant it super user.

The next thing is to download Cleanrom 3.3 from scottsroms. Com or from xda. Save it to your sd card.

Once you have downloaded that, boot into twrp and create a backup. Don't forget this step! If anything goes wrong, you won't have a build to go back to.

Then, once you have the backup, boot back into twrp and select install. It should show your sd card. Navigate to the cleanerom zip file and make sure you select to cache delete and factory wipe.

Let it run, select the options you want. I selected the stock kernel and the applications I wanted to be installed. Then, when you reboot, don't be surprised if it takes a while to come up. Just let it sit until it does. You will see a black screen with the nexus "x"in the middle of it. Then you know your good! It should go into your security screen, and just proceed as normal.

Play with it for a second to make sure your functionality is there, then go back into goo, boot to twrp, create another backup under a different name that you will remember. Then simply restart the phone and play with the new functions!

In this forum, there is a thread and video about the features of Android 4.1.2 on the note 2. I actually subscribed to the guy because he gives tons of tipson the note 2.

But that's it. It took me longer to write this, than it will for you to complete the whole process. Just make sure you have a fully, or almost fully charged battery and you should be good.

Thanks for the response. I'm at work now, so I'll try it when I get home.

No, I didn't get a pm response.

macboo81

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea where to begin to even start to root my Note 2 from AT&T. I am completely Illiterate when it comes to rooting. Can someone help me / walk me through this.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea where to begin to even start to root my Note 2 from AT&T. I am completely Illiterate when it comes to rooting. Can someone help me / walk me through this.
1) How to root is very simple take your time & read - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
Next step
2)TWRP install is a peace of cake with goomanager. Install Goomanager then Watch video - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.s0up.goomanager&hl=en&token=BvfV1nMt
Next step
3)Make Backup with TWRP
Next Step
4)Enjoy the freedom of android ,Custom Tweaks , roms with latest 4.1.2 base - AT&T Galaxy Note II Android Development - xda-developers

If you get lost between steps hit me up in pm Im more then happy to help

Last edited:

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks sling box! I tried to delete the post yesterday after seeing yours, but now I will have to try it again.

Sent from my Note II using Tapatalk 2

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I would be terrified to even try rooting my phone. I'm not even sure I understand rooting. But I sure would love the multi-tasking option.What I love is I check for updates every day and it says, don't check back in less than 24 hours. Apparently, they are tired of folks checking and checking for updates.

hmm.
ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!