Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

Just wondering if AT&T is gonna get the update that allows u to multitask, I hate having to exit out of my movie or YouTube to read and reply to a message. I still don't understand why the note 2 didn't come with that feature out the box Samsung advertises the feature the phone should come with it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Default Re: Will AT&T get the multi Window multitasking feature?

I was at a store today and the rep said the update would be pushed out at the end of this month but that's what he says idk if its true for sure
    Megan Arlitz likes this.

Note 3 will be out by the time AT&T gets their act together...a$$holes.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

I hope not lol
    Megan Arlitz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdauti1981 View Post
    Note 3 will be out by the time AT&T gets their act together...a$$holes.
    ^ This. We'll all be looking at the Galaxy S4 by the time we hear rumblings of it.
    Megan Arlitz likes this.

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    ^ This. We'll all be looking at the Galaxy S4 by the time we hear rumblings of it.
    Let's hope not

Well, is it any coincidence that the international GSIII has that 4.1.2 update with multi window update starting, the day AFTER the regular JB update hits ATT?
    Shows you how quick ATT is...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Is there an issue with the GSM version of the Note 2 preventing this update from happening? I ask because At&t, and Tmobile are both still waiting, while Sprint and Verizon pushed them out immediately without an issue.

I posted the question on samsung mobiles Facebook and they said its coming soon. For what it's worth.
    OneDeepForLife likes this.

I've heard that in a few places. I hope so.I don't know why it takes At&t so long!!! One of top two carriers. Seems like they could get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5 View Post
    I was at a store today and the rep said the update would be pushed out at the end of this month but that's what he says idk if its true for sure

When buying any Android it's always a crap shoot as to when or even if it will ever get updated by the carrier. I've just decided to buy the best device for me and not worry about when it will get updates. Much less stress that way!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeepForLife View Post
    Just wondering if AT&T is gonna get the update that allows u to multitask, I hate having to exit out of my movie or YouTube to read and reply to a message. I still don't understand why the note 2 didn't come with that feature out the box Samsung advertises the feature the phone should come with it.
    Same here, I can't wait for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonsky View Post
    When buying any Android it's always a crap shoot as to when or even if it will ever get updated by the carrier. I've just decided to buy the best device for me and not worry about when it will get updates. Much less stress that way!!

Here is my proposal. Samsung, HTC, et al come together with Google and approach the carriers with being allowed to push updates direct to the consumer as long as the update doesn't breach anyone's rate plans (ie...something like facetime over 4g). If they don't then pull them, offer their devices much like Google did with the nexus and let the carriers offer the public POS Pantech's.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeepForLife View Post
    Check out ChompSMS. It has a quick reply popup that works in any app without having to exit... as well as quick compose option.

I'm glad I saw this thread. I thought I was just dull-witted, that I couldn't figure out how to get the floating windows and the multitasking going. I kept pressing on the "back button" (bottom right on front of case), per a tutorial I watched, and all it would do was ... duh ... go back! But that's what the tutorial said to do, and I knew nothing else to try, so I was beginning to think it was user error somehow. NOW I know it isn't ME! Whew! Thanks for asking your question, which answered mine.

ROM
    ATT SE 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Here is my proposal. Samsung, HTC, et al come together with Google and approach the carriers with being allowed to push updates direct to the consumer as long as the update doesn't breach anyone's rate plans (ie...something like facetime over 4g). If they don't then pull them, offer their devices much like Google did with the nexus and let the carriers offer the public POS Pantech's.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Sounds like a nice idea. I wish it were more like itunes. Where I could just download and update whenever I felt like it. Not gonna happen though. Carriers WANT to install the bloatware it seems. I dont know how apple was able to get away with it. But now the carriers have zero power over the most popular phone type and im sure they hate it.
    TheOtherBill likes this.

Not only that, but the manufacturers only have to give out 1 copy to each carrier and they are done. Now the carrier has to provide a means of pushing it out to millions of subscribers and, most of all, provide support for it. That's hugely expensive, why would a manufacturer pick up those costs?

Never forget: It's all about the money.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
    Not only that, but the manufacturers only have to give out 1 copy to each carrier and they are done. Now the carrier has to provide a means of pushing it out to millions of subscribers and, most of all, provide support for it. That's hugely expensive, why would a manufacturer pick up those costs?

Never forget: It's all about the money.
    Actually, not in this case. It is going to be available via Kies, so all they have to do is pretty much send it back to Samsung. When I spoke to Samsung, they basically told me that until att or other providers submit it back to them for push out, they can only stand by and wait.

But Samsung stressed to me and from what I have read on other threads, that they provide the pipeline to push the update once they get it back from the provider.

hmm.
    ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
    From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
    1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
    2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
    3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
    4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#AC View Post
    hmm.
    ATT should have update available before end of the year but why wait?

Root your device , Install TWRP & install bloat free custom rom with multiview.
    From there install Perseus Kernel & enjoy incredible battery life / performance.

The path to true Android freedom & happiness:
    1st Root - [2012.12.04][SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers
    2nd TWRP- [RECOVERY] TWRP2.3.2.3 TeamWin Recovery Project 11/24 - xda-developers
    3rd Custom Rom recommendation - [ROM][12/9] CleanROM 3.0.1 -★| Aroma! | JB 4.1.2! | Multi-View! | Fast! | STABLE! |★- - xda-developers
    4th Perseus Kernel- [Kernel][Dec 14] Perseus - xda-developers

ENJOY!!!!!
    Have u had any issues with it since u did all that? I am debating on wether or not to do this when I get home tonight. I haven't even rooted my note 2. But I do have experience with my old droid x I rooted and flash it plenty of times. I really want the multi window feature. And I miss rooting and flashing but I really don't want to lose any s pen functionality. Have u had any major hiccups or bugs that u notice ? Thanks ahead of time for responding

Quote Originally Posted by acordo01 View Post
    Have u had any issues with it since u did all that? I am debating on wether or not to do this when I get home tonight. I haven't even rooted my note 2. But I do have experience with my old droid x I rooted and flash it plenty of times. I really want the multi window feature. And I miss rooting and flashing but I really don't want to lose any s pen functionality. Have u had any major hiccups or bugs that u notice ? Thanks ahead of time for responding

No issues what so ever been running root since 2nd day release no worries of spen loss.
    If things go bad....you want to go back stock....etc... there's att tar available for Odin flash so your stock out of the box once again.

Now to the Benefits
    Device was great out of the box but adding root - custom rom & kernel to the mix takes it higher level of performance .
    Battery life is a beast running Perseus Kernel - 10hr Device sleep 2% battery lose.
    OS performance greatly improved much smoother , lots of great tweaks & customizations is a winner.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by slingbox#AC View Post
    No issues what so ever been running root since 2nd day release no worries of spen loss.
    If things go bad....you want to go back stock....etc... there's att tar available for Odin flash so your stock out of the box once again.

Now to the Benefits
    Device was great out of the box but adding root - custom rom & kernel to the mix takes it higher level of performance .
    Battery life is a beast running Perseus Kernel - 10hr Device sleep 2% battery lose.
    OS performance greatly improved much smoother , lots of great tweaks & customizations is a winner.
    Well u talked me into it .I now know what I will be doing tonight lol

Right on you wont regret.
    Perseus released updated kernel yesterday ,some users are reporting Stweaks headaches with it.
    If you want older build of kernel - Perseus27.4 which I'm using , hit me up in PM with your email address & I will send copy.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've been running the CleanROM 3.0.1 and it has been great, very fast and stable, there should be a new version of it coming out pretty soon with even more features, I have been following the thread for it on XDA pretty close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Quote Originally Posted by cmatthews View Post
    I've been running the CleanROM 3.0.1 and it has been great, very fast and stable, there should be a new version of it coming out pretty soon with even more features, I have been following the thread for it on XDA pretty close.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Yeah Scott puts out A+ roms f,sure.

A little off topic but I'm finding these forums to have lots of iphone users that made switch to Android for GN2....a great choice I must add.
    Those xiphone users need to root up enjoy what OS freedom has to offer your Apple shackles are no more make the device truly yours.
    Rooting is easy with many safety nets in place so there's little to no worry of doing damage to device. Development community is very helpful as you will find.
    From there you can enjoy the true power device has to offer in Custom roms , custom kernels and tweak galore making the user experience the best it can be.
    Once you flash your 1st rom you will be hooked.....no doubt.

Some screen shots of my current setup

Running CleanRom3.0.1 - International N7105XXDLK7 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base with PK27.4 kernel

Home screen -Digital Flux live wallpaper / 4x5 icon layout / International Data icons H - H+ = HSPA+

Home screen Multiview selection menu open

Multiview being used- Google maps & Youtube
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast