Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DroidXcon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help....I feel like a human on Mars

I have a Galaxy Note 2 that I love but being just a regular person I am perplexed as to it's odd behavior. My e-mails do not automatically update as they arrive, I cannnot figure out how to forward or save a picture sent via text, and my battery life isn't anywhere near what was advertised. I can safely guess everything is somehow due to....me! Any advice, suggestions, direction, would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

PS~ Also when I e-mail a picture stored on my phone to myself it usually doesn't go through. I've tried using yahoo, optonline and g mail account.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Help....I feel like a human on Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer13 View Post
    I have a Galaxy Note 2 that I love but being just a regular person I am perplexed as to it's odd behavior. My e-mails do not automatically update as they arrive, I cannnot figure out how to forward or save a picture sent via text, and my battery life isn't anywhere near what was advertised. I can safely guess everything is somehow due to....me! Any advice, suggestions, direction, would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
    Emails: i don't knowwhat app you are using for this but. .go into settings and see if there is a sync timing option should have options on how long. To wait before updating.

Pictures: in the text message long press on the picture an option menu should pop up

Battery: try to shut off mobile data when not using it. In wifi options shut off notify me. Make sure wifi is also off when not in use.

I have verizon note 2 but things should apply

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

Default Help....I feel like a human on Mars

Hopefully someone responds to you.these guys are good at helping out I am anxious to see as well since I have a galaxy note 2 coming at the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

ROM
    Stock JellyBean

For sync issues male Site you have sync enabled. It is obvious the pull down notification menu far right of the toggles such as wifi, Bluetooth, etc.
    For battery issues go to settings then battery and you will be able to see what's eating your battery up

Sent from my White Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Battery issues usually are caused by radios constantly scanning. If you are in an area with bad data connection or bad cell signal the radios work extra hard and drain battery at the same time. If you were to put your phone in airplane mode all day your battery would last a very very long time.

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    Cmatt1971 likes this.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hate to hear you are having issues, mine has been great. As mentioned in other post if you are in a bad service area the cell radio will use more battery, I notice a difference while I'm at due to being around machinery that affects my service. The rest of the time my battery life is stellar, and I leave WiFi and BT on almost all the time.
    As for the email issue, I'm not sure what could be causing that, Gmail is the only account I have on mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm SOOOO excited! I saved a picture finally!!! Thank you all!!! Going to work on the battery issue next. I work in a machine shop but not quite sure if that's the type of machinery you meant. I don't know if the service area is bad because my prior phone drained too....hmmm....maybe?! Thank you, thank you all! Going to give everthing a shot.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I work in a paper mill, lot of motors around me, then our control room is a metal building inside another metal building, even with a repeater in place service is iffy at times.
    I would imagine that being in a machine shop would affect signal with all the metal around.
    Good luck! Hope it all works out for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums