Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By maxburn
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chrome edge getting scracthes already?

I just noticed I have scratches on the chrome edit at the top where the headjack goes, and by the sides.. =(

I knew it was going to happen eventually.. I wish Samsung did it differently.. My iphone 3g was like this and it was all scratches after 2 years.....

Default Re: Chrome edge getting scracthes already?

I just dropped mines (it was in one of those wallet cases)
    now I have two scratches on the sides please tell me there's like a buffer for chrome finishes
    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome! (^_^)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Sorry to hear! I bought a case for mine.. used it for 2 days and took it off.. I wonder if my scratches came from the case... putting it on/off....

But I thought about the buffer too.. Would you like to be the guinea pig and let me know how that goes? =)

Lol, sure, good thing is I still have my Evo. so im going to scratch that and buff the scratch on that first before I do my note. You might not hear about my experience until next week though
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

haha ok! maybe you don't have to scratch ur evo first.. just buff it out to see if you get a clean polished finish?

By the way.. you like big bang? lol

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

The chrome plating is only going to be a few microns thick at best, so any scratch you have is already through the plating and into the plastic underneath. Any buffing you do will only result in wearing away more of the plating changing the scratch into a spot. My advice would be to ignore the scratches, use a case, and clean under the case every so often to remove dust and stuff under it. Clean more often if you carry the phone in a pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclowny View Post
    haha ok! maybe you don't have to scratch ur evo first.. just buff it out to see if you get a clean polished finish?

By the way.. you like big bang? lol
    lol, yes I LOVE THEM! True VIP here,lol

Quote Originally Posted by draken View Post
    The chrome plating is only going to be a few microns thick at best, so any scratch you have is already through the plating and into the plastic underneath. Any buffing you do will only result in wearing away more of the plating changing the scratch into a spot. My advice would be to ignore the scratches, use a case, and clean under the case every so often to remove dust and stuff under it. Clean more often if you carry the phone in a pocket.
    yea i can see a few white spots (guessing that's the plastic you're referring to) have you heard of radtech bezel blaster, it's designed for Iphones, but is the the iphone bezel similar to the note 2's or is it completely different?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I clean mine with a microfiber towel 10 times a day.. and no I"m not kidding.... I'm crazee like this....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    lol, yes I LOVE THEM! True VIP here,lol
    LOL right on!

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tokio_Love View Post
    yea i can see a few white spots (guessing that's the plastic you're referring to) have you heard of radtech bezel blaster, it's designed for Iphones, but is the the iphone bezel similar to the note 2's or is it completely different?
    Yes, the white would be the plastic, so no amount of buffing will help. I'm not familiar with the Radtech bezel blaster so I can't comment there, but I do know the Note II is larger than the iPhone, so it likely won't fit.

Yes, the white would be the plastic, so no amount of buffing will help. I'm not familiar with the Radtech bezel blaster so I can't comment there, but I do know the Note II is larger than the iPhone, so it likely won't fit.

The blaster is just some microfiber cloths and polisher. I'll just buy a chrome touch pen then it would atleast blend with the phone's finish. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Have you heard about the GN2, yea it's awesome! (^_^)

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Heh, guess I should have googled what it was. I just assumed it was a bumper type protector... *sigh*

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

I just noticed I have scratches on the chrome edit at the top where the headjack goes, and by the sides.. =(

I knew it was going to happen eventually.. I wish Samsung did it differently.. My iphone 3g was like this and it was all scratches after 2 years.....
    The iphone is chromed metal, the note is chromed plastic.

Material selection and quality has never been a high point for Samsung.
    ska916jedi likes this.

This is a common problem with the NOTE 2. It really is my only issue with the phone. Samsung dropped the ball on this one. Chrome scratching way too easily.

I clean mine with a microfiber towel 10 times a day.. and no I"m not kidding.... I'm crazee like this....

- - - Updated - - -

LOL right on!
    Glad to know I am not the only one who is so meticulous with their phone!

Sorry to hear! I bought a case for mine.. used it for 2 days and took it off.. I wonder if my scratches came from the case... putting it on/off....

But I thought about the buffer too.. Would you like to be the guinea pig and let me know how that goes? =)
    I am sure you didn't do anything. The chrome is just lousy. It is chipping on many peoples phones just from regular use (no drops or anything)