note 2 video calling

agibaihgui

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Recently purchased a Note 2 and am very disappointed in the video call quality. Compared to my old iphone, I dont know if it is the phone or what, video calling is terrible. I am on wifi. I have used Talk, skype, tango everything.. same bad result. Could it be that note 2 is too big for these video calling apps? I am thinking about changing back to iphone because video calling is important to me. Is anyone else having the same problem? Is there a way to fix this?

Martinezma99

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
There may be something wrong with your camera. My wife has the iphone 4s (.61MP) and the Note2 (1.9MP) front facing camera blows it away side by side. I haven't seen the iphone5 camera but it has a 1.2MP.

Also, make sure you set up your display as movie mode and unclick auto adjust screen mode. Go to settings and click on Display to make the changes. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

qoboqob

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you have to adjust resolution setting when using the front camer in camera modus.
This is set leaving factory in not to full capacity.
So there is a list of settings with: scene, light adjust etc. and you will find resolution setting as well.
I have a note2 and Tango and skype are performing better now than on my iphone4.

Good luck;)

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Could also be automatic video compression. Because the iphone 4s has such a low res front facing camera they may able to get around video compression. Compression causes artifacts, as camera pixel density goes up the quality of compression software must also go up to compensate. In this case apple appears to have a solid setup.

Download vs upload speed, in this case upload is just as important but most of the time its never advertised. Upload is typically 1-2/10ths the theoretical download max. In order to upload streaming video and not have frames dropped/stutters the phone must actively convert higher resolution video on the fly to a much lower bitrate while keeping as much of the origonal quality. Similiar to how mp3's are conversions of original studio quality formats. Cant remember what these file formats are called. Anyhow, this conversion is done on the fly before being uploaded. The reason to do this conversion is to lower the data usage. Lower quality = lower data usage. In this case apple just does it better. But you gotta remember, they design a phone then design software specifically for that phone. Samsung and the others (besides google) dont have this luxury, yet.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Megan Arlitz

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts/talk is so much better for me than skype. Talk isn't as wishy washy as skype was.. so yay on that front. And the audio was better on talk as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21