Group SMS/Text -selecting recipients

hmac84

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I recently bought the galaxy note 2 and have had to struggle with importing my phone contacts from the old candybar nokia phone. Someone suggested the easiest way to do was to import contacts in gmail and then sync via gmail onto Note 2. I managed to sync all the phone numbers but now I face another dilemma.

As i tried to send an sms to a bunch of people, when I selected the '+' button next to the recipient box to add more recipients, the phone offers me a list of "email addresses" along with other contacts which it apparently has synced from my gmail. Its quite annoying to see all these other contacts in the list as some of these are people who'm i've simply emailed at some occasion -work or school related and I don't want them to show up on any list.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these contacts/issues without actually deleting them from gmail?

Thank you for your input

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

I recently bought the galaxy note 2 and have had to struggle with importing my phone contacts from the old candybar nokia phone. Someone suggested the easiest way to do was to import contacts in gmail and then sync via gmail onto Note 2. I managed to sync all the phone numbers but now I face another dilemma.

As i tried to send an sms to a bunch of people, when I selected the '+' button next to the recipient box to add more recipients, the phone offers me a list of "email addresses" along with other contacts which it apparently has synced from my gmail. Its quite annoying to see all these other contacts in the list as some of these are people who'm i've simply emailed at some occasion -work or school related and I don't want them to show up on any list.

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these contacts/issues without actually deleting them from gmail?

Thank you for your input

I am not sure how to seperate them but when you check the name doesnt it give you the option to "remember this choice"? check that off and select the phone number, next time you go to select them it shouldnt pull up this list.

hmac84

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
hey - no it doesn't give me any such option. This is probably the most annoying nuisance on this galaxy android. I wished they had a better way to deal with this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney