Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ska916jedi
  • 1 Post By lynnpudas
  • 1 Post By Randall Tippit
  • 2 Post By LazrRocketArm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ldpalm's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default 2 strange problems

    The Note 2 Rocks! But I have 2 issues. 1-When ever I restart the phone it loads the default keyboard and not my SwiftKey board.
    2-My "home" button keeps changing to a different page. Is there a way to pick the default page you want it to go to and save it?
    Peace,
    LD

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    I also love the phone, but the camera and email suck compared to the iPhone :/
    Jesse Elkin likes this.
  3. #3  
    Cmatt1971's Avatar

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    Quote Originally Posted by userld View Post
    The Note 2 Rocks! But I have 2 issues. 1-When ever I restart the phone it loads the default keyboard and not my SwiftKey board.
    Mine now longer does this, only thin I can figure is I was messing around in application manager and cleared defaults for the Samsung keyboard. My last 3 battery pulls have kept SmartKeyboard Pro as default keyboard. I can't think of anything else that would have solved it.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    If you have at&t email, get the yahoo mail app. It works way better than the stock email app. If you have gmail, the gmail app sucks at least the one on the phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    I also love the phone, but the camera and email suck compared to the iPhone :/
    ska916jedi likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    When I got my Note II I loved the fact that it was actually a SMART phone, It does it all. Unlike other newer released phones. Then it
    happened, like all the others the phone began to do crazy things, first it began to lag in switching to app to app, second, the downloading and even web searching slowed but getting to the choices of websites was ok it is when I click on a website it
    will go very slow, like the data plan ran out and switched to snail mail… Now, my Gmail never sends a alert because it does not
    auto load. I always need to manually click the retrieve spinning thing. To summarize, Data at a stand still, delay in app2app, and need to always need to manually get the phone to retrieve my Gmail.
    Anyone else having these issues? whats the fix?

    Oops almost forgot the latest one, every time I want to download a pdf it kicks me off the net. umm Lets think for a moment, are we better off now then we were say, when the Q phone came out or the brick? lol well problem for problem the only thing that changed is the price. Sure, on the tech advancement its lightyears ahead but i think for the money they need to put out the perfect phone. Until that time they need to lower the cost by at least 10% for each issue. for me thats 40%. that goes for the providers as well with dropped calls and stop with all those confusing plans. All should be unlimited everything for 50 bucks. Yes it can be done. Chop all the fat in the upper management put that money into putting the jobs back in the U.S and quit OUTSOURCING our jobs. If they charged 50 bucks for unlimited everything i will gladly pay a extra 5 to get that done…

    Thank you
    Myke
    Last edited by Myke Dago; 12-11-2012 at 05:07 PM.
  6. #6  

    Thumbs up Re: 2 strange problems

    Quote Originally Posted by Myke Dago View Post
    When I got my Note II I loved the fact that it was actually a SMART phone, It does it all. Unlike other newer released phones. Then it
    happened, like all the others the phone began to do crazy things, first it began to lag in switching to app to app, second, the downloading and even web searching slowed but getting to the choices of websites was ok it is when I click on a website it
    will go very slow, like the data plan ran out and switched to snail mail… Now, my Gmail never sends a alert because it does not
    auto load. I always need to manually click the retrieve spinning thing. To summarize, Data at a stand still, delay in app2app, and need to always need to manually get the phone to retrieve my Gmail.
    Anyone else having these issues? whats the fix?

    Oops almost forgot the latest one, every time I want to download a pdf it kicks me off the net. umm Lets think for a moment, are we better off now then we were say, when the Q phone came out or the brick? lol well problem for problem the only thing that changed is the price. Sure, on the tech advancement its lightyears ahead but i think for the money they need to put out the perfect phone. Until that time they need to lower the cost by at least 10% for each issue. for me thats 40%. that goes for the providers as well with dropped calls and stop with all those confusing plans. All should be unlimited everything for 50 bucks. Yes it can be done. Chop all the fat in the upper management put that money into putting the jobs back in the U.S and quit OUTSOURCING our jobs. If they charged 50 bucks for unlimited everything i will gladly pay a extra 5 to get that done…

    Thank you
    Myke
    Hey man, it might be an app you've downloaded making your phone act crazy.
    I know I've downloaded certain apps and my phone would start acting crazy. You also need a good antivirus. I have AVG, everybody says it's very good. I like it, It seems to do the job well. Someone also told me that you need to power your phone off and leave it off for about a half an hour at least every other night or so.
    Anyway man, I'm just trying to think of anything that it might be, because your phone shouldn't be doing that. I've had my at&t note II since the day they came out and mine is not doing that.
    Hope this helps man!
    TheOtherBill likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    I have a Galaxy S3 and have not needed an anitvirus program. No major lag issues or problems with rogue apps.
    Best advice on apps:

    1. Download apps from trusted programmers

    2. DL apps with high download numbers and good ratings

    3. Biggest problems are not viruses, it is adware, spam and poor programming.

    As for the email... Well, I have no issues with the stock email client at all. In fact I found setting up multiple accounts with a unified inbox and customizable push settings easier than what I remember on my old iPhone 4. I have seen some claim they prefer the iOS notifications, but I STRONGLY prefer the unobtrusive Android notification bar.

    Yes, I said GSIII, not Note 2, but it is virtually identical in Touchwiz versions.

    For the record, I do not doubt the sincerity of those preferring iPhone style, but that is a matter of preference. Do not see it as a "limitation" or "problem".

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    aggie and TheOtherBill like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    Quote Originally Posted by userld View Post
    2-My "home" button keeps changing to a different page. Is there a way to pick the default page you want it to go to and save it?


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Pinch the screen to come up with the multi pages view. There should be a home icon on the corner of all the pages, the one set as home Page should be highlighted (blue)

    Click the one you want to make home Page.

    Should be the same as my GS3 2 strange problems-uploadfromtaptalk1355281463851.jpg


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    ldpalm's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    Awesome! That works great. Thanks

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    ldpalm's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    Phone still resets to default keyboard from SwiftKey every time phone restarts. Read online it is an issue but no solution.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: 2 strange problems

    Lately my phone has stopped notifying me of new emails through gmail. It was doing fine up until I found out about the task manager and clear memory features. I feel like once I started clearing my memory the gmail notifications stopped coming.

    Is it just the app that or could it be something else causing this?

    I tried using the default email program, but could never get my account setup through it.

Similar Threads

  1. Strange problem de-bloating after DL09
    By denzillion in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 02:38 PM
  2. Strange problem while trying to update. NEED HELP!
    By nismo300zx96 in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
  3. Help with Vonage and EVO - Strange Problem
    By kitarkus in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 12:44 PM
  4. Strange problem with Google contacts
    By breugel in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:38 PM
  5. Strange Problem
    By rtlsnke in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

B