• 1 Post By yankeesusa
  • 1 Post By barskin
  • 2 Post By lostchild
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Default Okay, just imagine holding a Kindle Fire to your ear...

I was just reading this: the rumored plans for a GN III with a six point three inch screen. Maybe going a leeetle bit too far, ya think?

Card Carrying Device Junkie

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock

Default Re: Okay, just imagine holding a Kindle Fire to your ear...

Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    I was just reading this: the rumored plans for a GN III with a six point three inch screen. Maybe going a leeetle bit too far, ya think?

Definitely. I love my note 2 and my next phone would have been a note 3 but the size it is now is the most I'd do. I guess I'll go back to the gs and get gs4 instead.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    Phoneguy108 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post
    Definitely. I love my note 2 and my next phone would have been a note 3 but the size it is now is the most I'd do. I guess I'll go back to the gs and get gs4 instead.

And, of course, I think the GNII should hold us for a while.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Asus Transformer Pad TF300 with Dock
    TheOtherBill likes this.

Bluetooth headset means rarely holding you to the ear. Seven inches is a lot but for extended use, it would be worth considering.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

My files: http://www.appbrain.com/user/bclinge...the-htc-evo-4g
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    Bluetooth headset means rarely holding you to the ear. Seven inches is a lot but for extended use, it would be worth considering.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    You know, I don't hold it to my ear, either. When I am out and about, I have my (wired) headset on, listening to music, and otherwise, I use the speaker. But some people hold it to their ears.

Any worst than this?

burrzoo and Phoneguy108 like this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    1,276 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by lostchild View Post
    Any worst than this?

LOL!! Now, those were the days! Remember the first cell phones? They were not only huge, you had to carry around a two ton suitcase to run them.

I read that earlier and I think the original article that it spun from, didn't say they were really considering it (Samsung), but that with them switching to amoled displays, that with the cost savings, they could if they wanted. They also mentioned the hard button and others being removed, so that you would have a device that while the screen is larger in dimensions, you wouldn't have that much more of a physically larger device.

They gave the example of the one x and the toting of the screen size, but that the usable screen size is not that large due to the buttons being included in the display. I haven't measured my note, but I think from looking that button area is anywhere from. 5" to. 75". That's a 6" screen, and if they do something slick like say a true full, all display (I mean the bezel is tiny) and the lighting for say the notification led is on that display, I think, just roofing it, you would have your 6.3" full front display.

If so, then your taking about a device exactly or just a bit larger. But the crazy thing could be that they incorporate their new flexible display in it, then, you have the bar makings of something crazy slick!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesusa View Post

My thoughts exactly!

You know, I don't hold it to my ear, either. When I am out and about, I have my (wired) headset on, listening to music, and otherwise, I use the speaker. But some people hold it to their ears.
    I hold it to my ear all the time but I am a big guy so I don't think it stands out to others as much....

Quote Originally Posted by MatroxD View Post
    I read that earlier and I think the original article that it spun from, didn't say they were really considering it (Samsung), but that with them switching to amoled displays, that with the cost savings, they could if they wanted. They also mentioned the hard button and others being removed, so that you would have a device that while the screen is larger in dimensions, you wouldn't have that much more of a physically larger device.

They gave the example of the one x and the toting of the screen size, but that the usable screen size is not that large due to the buttons being included in the display. I haven't measured my note, but I think from looking that button area is anywhere from. 5" to. 75". That's a 6" screen, and if they do something slick like say a true full, all display (I mean the bezel is tiny) and the lighting for say the notification led is on that display, I think, just roofing it, you would have your 6.3" full front display.

If so, then your taking about a device exactly or just a bit larger. But the crazy thing could be that they incorporate their new flexible display in it, then, you have the bar makings of something crazy slick!
    I see what you are saying. I was thinking the phone dimensions would simply increase in order to get a screen that large.

I'm not sure to be honest and no one is at this point. It is just a bunch of speculations from what I read.

I would like it to go to 6.3 for the note 3. I run a lot of stuff through headphones and Bluetooth anyway so I would diff jump on this next year. I will have an upgrade late November next year so I can wait

Definitely depends on the overall Physical size of the phone. Screen size isn't as important.

If they can fit one of their new "unbreakable" amoleds into the same size with no bezel and no physical buttons, make the screen as large as possible I say.

Much larger and it is a different category. No longer a PHABLET, it's just a tablet that makes calls. Which you can pretty much do anyway, with Skype and so forth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums