Completely new to Android

seinx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I was an iPhone user for several years and this is my first Android phone. How in the world do I change what apps run on startup, and how do I remove the apps that are already installed on my device that I don't want?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
U cant uninstall the bloatware from att unless you root. But you can hide them.

As far as apps on startup. Many of those on startup are os items and shouldnt be messed with. Apple hides these things exactly for this purpose but android wants to give you the option. The only time you should be in these settings is when a rogue app is doing somethi g it shouldnt be like draining your battery.

seinx

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
U cant uninstall the bloatware from att unless you root. But you can hide them.

As far as apps on startup. Many of those on startup are os items and shouldnt be messed with. Apple hides these things exactly for this purpose but android wants to give you the option. The only time you should be in these settings is when a rogue app is doing somethi g it shouldnt be like draining your battery.

This is an app that I downloaded myself though. I had to go in and force stop it but I don't know if there's a ways to set it so that it DOESN'T show up where my antivirus and WiFi (things that are constantly running) are in the drop down.

marty331

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
This is an app that I downloaded myself though. I had to go in and force stop it but I don't know if there's a ways to set it so that it DOESN'T show up where my antivirus and WiFi (things that are constantly running) are in the drop down.

First, why are you running an antivirus program. It is completely unnecessary. If you installed one, remove it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

marty331

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't download torrents with my phone so I can't say for sure about that, but for normal use you do not need an antivirus program.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1