What are your thoughts on this phone?

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I am on AT&T, and I plan on upgrading before January. I am coming from a BlackBerry Torch, and am considering the Samsung Galaxy Note II, and the HTC One X+. Since this is the section for the Note 2, I'm wondering if anyone else was/is torn between these phones. How do you like your Note 2? If you were going to purchase a phone today, would you still get the Note 2? How are battery life and reception?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I am on AT&T, and I plan on upgrading before January. I am coming from a BlackBerry Torch, and am considering the Samsung Galaxy Note II, and the HTC One X+. Since this is the section for the Note 2, I'm wondering if anyone else was/is torn between these phones. How do you like your Note 2? If you were going to purchase a phone today, would you still get the Note 2? How are battery life and reception?
Ive been android user since Sprints Original EVO4G....I must add I came from BB 9630.
I was a BIG fan of HTC device once upon a time but they lost my loyalty after the EVO3D bootloader debacle plus bad build quality.
HTC display seals letting loose , dust under screen I could go on & on.
I then moved to Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G touch....A great device and on to GN2...The best device.
GN2 is a power house with best battery life available on any Android device you wont be disappointed.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have had Blackberries, Motorola, HTC, iphone and now Samsung.

I have nothing but positive things to say about it and do recommend it.

Sent from Note II using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Slingbox pretty much covered it, the gn2 is a beast, I have had several android devices and every model of iPhone. The gn2 really feels like the perfect size phone for me and after toting it for a couple of weeks everything else looks tiny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Phoneguy108

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have had Blackberries, Motorola, HTC, iphone and now Samsung.

To be honest, first you have to know that this and the other devices really have nothing in common. This thing is wonderful for a myriad of users and uses. It is more of a mini computer than a phone.

I, love my device (especially since I have all my features now), but even before that, I loved the 2. I, for one have had fanatic battery life ranging from 17 to 25 hours. There had never been a reception issue with either this or my original note. I have nothing but positive things to say about it and do recommend it.

The only thing is to go play with one and play with it for a bit. If you get it just be aware of the carriers having their fingers all over some of the features. That is the only negative thing about this device, but then, that really is any carrier device.

Sent from Note II using Tapatalk 2

I agree the phone is worth getting for the incredible battery alone.

Woodsy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, its the greatest phone I've ever owned, probably ever created. I'm truley in love with my phone. :D:D:D:D

Sent from the greatest phone in the world, The Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Slingbox pretty much covered it, the gn2 is a beast, I have had several android devices and every model of iPhone. The gn2 really feels like the perfect size phone for me and after toting it for a couple of weeks everything else looks tiny.

I'd imagine SlingPlayer would look awesome on this device. Has there been any issues with the Note 2? Has anyone said if it'll upgrade to 4.2?

anon(590893)

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
The Note 2 is just quite an amazing device. This device is the "one to rule them all" awesome. I get about 15-17 hours with about 4-5 hours of on-screen time usually, all on LTE and WiFi (about 8 hours on LTE, the rest on WiFi). Some days it's better, other days not so much. I just am infatuated with this device. :)

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'd imagine SlingPlayer would look awesome on this device. Has there been any issues with the Note 2? Has anyone said if it'll upgrade to 4.2?

Yes is does, the screen was my primary reason for getting it, but now I have found other things I like about it.

Here's a couple of shots and one running slingplayer and YouTube at the same time using multiview.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355887327436.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355887327436.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 124
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355887360592.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355887360592.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 123
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355887406741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355887406741.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 124

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I came from a long line of BlackBerry devices to the Skyrocket and was hooked on Samsung as an Android manufacturer since. I've had the Skyrocket (rooted), S3, and now the Note 2 so I had some build-up to prepare me for a bigger device. I'm loving the N2, but I'm still learning my way around some of the settings. It takes good pictures and video. The transition time between closing one app and opening another is nil compared to the S3. It's faster surfing the Web on both my home wi-fi and AT&T's network. I've not rooted it yet, but I find the battery life acceptable. Phone calls have no issues unlike my husband's black Skyrocket.

Also, I see you said you're coming from a Torch. The shut down and boot times on the N2 are way faster compared to my old 9800 and 9810.

Last edited:

ReginaLiz

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
The only smartphones I've owned before this were BB and my latest was a Torch. The power and features of the Note II are incredible; I feel like I've jumped years ahead in technology. (Clearly it's because I was years behind.) The size was a quick adjustment - my Torch looks and feels miniature in comparison.

Learning about Android and this beast in particular has been quite a challenge; I check this forum every night and also watch various YouTube videos to learn more. That's not to say that you can't get the basics up and running very quickly, you will - but the finer points and all the different options and features take time because, as another responder said, this is really more of a mini computer than a phone and it runs a *very* different OS than what you're used to!

But have I ever looked back? Nope, not for a moment!

pilsbury

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Spent 3 years on iOS. Then got the Galaxy. S3. I upgraded to the Note 2 and am blown away. This thing is a powerhouse, and super smooth. I rooted it earlier today and installed CleanROM3.3 and it's running like a top. Do yourself a favor and get one. You will not regret it.

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes is does, the screen was my primary reason for getting it, but now I have found other things I like about it.

Here's a couple of shots and one running slingplayer and YouTube at the same time using multiview.

are those screens actual size?
If so...that is huge.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Wow, that's awesome.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The Note 2 is just quite an amazing device. This device is the "one to rule them all" awesome. I get about 15-17 hours with about 4-5 hours of on-screen time usually, all on LTE and WiFi (about 8 hours on LTE, the rest on WiFi). Some days it's better, other days not so much. I just am infatuated with this device. :)

That battery life is pretty impressive. Now I don't live in an LTE area, so is there a way to disable LTE to preserve battery life? Or is it even worth doing?

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
The only smartphones I've owned before this were BB and my latest was a Torch. The power and features of the Note II are incredible; I feel like I've jumped years ahead in technology. (Clearly it's because I was years behind.) The size was a quick adjustment - my Torch looks and feels miniature in comparison.

Learning about Android and this beast in particular has been quite a challenge; I check this forum every night and also watch various YouTube videos to learn more. That's not to say that you can't get the basics up and running very quickly, you will - but the finer points and all the different options and features take time because, as another responder said, this is really more of a mini computer than a phone and it runs a *very* different OS than what you're used to!

But have I ever looked back? Nope, not for a moment!

I've been debating on making the switch from BlackBerry for the last few months. The only reason I haven't is because my Torch still works. And then last week Google Sync was shut down, and I live by Google's calendar, so this is making me move faster.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I came from a long line of BlackBerry devices to the Skyrocket and was hooked on Samsung as an Android manufacturer since. I've had the Skyrocket (rooted), S3, and now the Note 2 so I had some build-up to prepare me for a bigger device. I'm loving the N2, but I'm still learning my way around some of the settings. It takes good pictures and video. The transition time between closing one app and opening another is nil compared to the S3. It's faster surfing the Web on both my home wi-fi and AT&T's network. I've not rooted it yet, but I find the battery life acceptable. Phone calls have no issues unlike my husband's black Skyrocket.

Also, I see you said you're coming from a Torch. The shut down and boot times on the N2 are way faster compared to my old 9800 and 9810.

The reboot times on my Torch is crazy...I can't believe how long it takes.

ksace

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I was a blackberry user for years and made the switch to the HOX when it came out earlier this year. That phone has an incredible display and I actually like Sense better than TouchWiz. I have not messed with the HOX+.

Having said all that I really, really like the Note 2.

Bottom line is that you should be happy with either choice.

Good luck with making a tough decision.

Using tapatalk with my note II