Native text

klr2012

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
When I first got my GN 2, I remember getting a prompt as to which txt app to use and I chose TextFree. Now when I want to use my own phone number to send a txt I can't! On my iPhone, I was able to use either my own number or the TextFree number? How do I set up the native txt message function? When I go to the messaging settings and I input my phone number in the message center and send a text, I get a failed notice!! I must be doing something wrong. Thx

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Menu, settings, application manager, find the text application that you do not want to use and click the button "clear defaults" or something like that. You will know when you see it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Then the next time you want to text, the menu will pop up asking you which app to use. You can click "once" and it will ask you every time or click "always" & that will become the default application.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

mrclowny

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So if you clear the defaults for TextFree... it did not work for you? Cuz it should....

I also wonder why you had to add ur number to the "messenging center" as you described it.. I didn't have to....

klr2012

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I cleared the defaults as instructed and still cannot send a text with my number. I'm pretty sure it's something I'm doing, but can't figure it out.

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you're trying to enter your personal cell no in the text free app. I don't think you can do that from what little I know about it. If you want to use your number, you'll need to use a regular SMS app like the default, GO SMS, Handcent, Chomp, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

klr2012

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you're trying to enter your personal cell no in the text free app. I don't think you can do that from what little I know about it. If you want to use your number, you'll need to use a regular SMS app like the default, GO SMS, Handcent, Chomp, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I can still send texts with the text free app. I want to be able to use the default SMS with my number for use with my family. I was able to do this on the iPhone with no problems and still use text free without a hitch! I appreciate any ideas or comments. Btw, the text free app uses a totally different number with different area code.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance