Multi view update on December 27th!

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Nada on the notification customization/toggles, at least from what I can tell.

Yeah...too bad. But, not the end of the world. Wondering if the N7100 update had it or not. AT&T may have taken it out, as it's the build, but suffixed with AT&T's build.

In anycase...I posted this on AT&T's forum -similar thread... .... .... ...

Also, yes the other carriers have enabled slightly more or less apps that work with multi-view...of course, ATT's account login app is one of them!

More apps will follow...as developers catch on. Of course it's ONE device (and the 10.1 tablet), so it depends. I noticed one of my file explorer apps is there as well (Solid Explorer).

All-in-all it's pretty cool. You can move the multi-task tab around to the bottom/top/left/right. Which is GREAT for one-handed use on the Note 2 and avoiding the long reach (for some ppl). Also, works well with the long press of the home button while in multi-window mode with two apps already open...it just replaces one window with the app you choose, etc. Lots of future possibilities with this.

I wonder if Android will come out with another way to have multiple screens. Yet, the Note 2 is large enough to make this useful. The LG phone is interesting, but I don't see how a translucent app over a running one is great or as useful.

Kareem Makhlouf

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I did the upgrade yesterday, and started having wifi problems. Cant connect to my home network any more. I get a "signal too weak" error. Took out the battery and rebooted, problem solved for a few minutes then disconnects again. Att couldnt help. Any ideas?

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ive found that ATT smart wifi is the app that causes my wifi issuses. As for the update, i have yet to see it in louisiana and im approaching feb 5 2013 for the date trick to update.

Khemistry84

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

I filed a BBB complaint against AT&T for how they handled this whole multi-window update fiasco. Someone initially contacted me the other day, and I missed the call. They attempted to contact me, again, and I missed the call. And then another time. Finally, I was able to get them just about five minutes ago. They told me they worked in the presidents office at AT&T. He wanted to inform me the update for multi-windows was, in fact, out as of the 27th. I told him I was aware and had updated.

I took the liberty to inform him of the issues a lot of you all were having. I told him that I had to do the date change trick to force an update. I told him there were many people posting online, of having to wait crazy amounts of times (like 2,800 hours) before being able to successfully check for an update. He gave me the usual mantra of appreciating my feedback, and he'd give it to the folks in-charge of the software development and the people in-charge or rolling out the update. He also told me the reason why it took so long for AT&T to release the update (and he was quite aware AT&T took the longest of all the carriers) was because they do extensive testing to make sure things like multi-window will be compatible with their network and whatever else. So, take that as you will. I know another rep from retentions told me the exact same thing. I don't necessarily think they're lying about that, but I'm sure there's some underlying things we are not privy to.

At any rate, I also asked him how the update was released so I can pass the information along to people on sites like XDA and others. I wanted to know was the update a staggered release or should it have been available to everyone at once? He told me that from what he was told, the update was INITIALLY staggered, but as of right now, EVERYONE should be able to update to 4.1.2. So, there you have it. From the sheep's mouth. I hope this information is helpful for someone. I will post this on a few other websites I'm following pertaining to this same issue.

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ive found that ATT smart wifi is the app that causes my wifi issuses. As for the update, i have yet to see it in louisiana and im approaching feb 5 2013 for the date trick to update.

New Orleans, La.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356728785838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356728785838.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 29

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: Just spoke to a rep who works directly for the Presidents Office of AT&T

I filed a BBB complaint against AT&T for how they handled this whole multi-window update fiasco. Someone initially contacted me the other day, and I missed the call. They attempted to contact me, again, and I missed the call. And then another time. Finally, I was able to get them just about five minutes ago. They told me they worked in the presidents office at AT&T. He wanted to inform me the update for multi-windows was, in fact, out as of the 27th. I told him I was aware and had updated.

I took the liberty to inform him of the issues a lot of you all were having. I told him that I had to do the date change trick to force an update. I told him there were many people posting online, of having to wait crazy amounts of times (like 2,800 hours) before being able to successfully check for an update. He gave me the usual mantra of appreciating my feedback, and he'd give it to the folks in-charge of the software development and the people in-charge or rolling out the update. He also told me the reason why it took so long for AT&T to release the update (and he was quite aware AT&T took the longest of all the carriers) was because they do extensive testing to make sure things like multi-window will be compatible with their network and whatever else. So, take that as you will. I know another rep from retentions told me the exact same thing. I don't necessarily think they're lying about that, but I'm sure there's some underlying things we are not privy to.

At any rate, I also asked him how the update was released so I can pass the information along to people on sites like XDA and others. I wanted to know was the update a staggered release or should it have been available to everyone at once? He told me that from what he was told, the update was INITIALLY staggered, but as of right now, EVERYONE should be able to update to 4.1.2. So, there you have it. From the sheep's mouth. I hope this information is helpful for someone. I will post this on a few other websites I'm following pertaining to this same issue.

I wish it were true and available to everyone. Checked again and no dice. Thanks for trying though, and yes quite frustrating.

ABD501

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Tried the date trick and everything! Still not working!! This sucks!!

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

for the multi window, is it possible to have two browsers as a multiwindow? (if that makes senses). I know you can have multiple pages on the browsers, but I wanted to know if you can split two browsers. For instance can I have androidcentral on one window, and have the bottom window be another website?

I try splitting two window browsers and it wont work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site

Nope, won't work.

But, you could place Chrome in one window the the built in Browser in the other.

Puma91

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to say but that reason is complete bull , as an unlocked international device would work perfectly fine on AT&T's network. They were lazy and slow. You got the most basic and standard reply from their rep.

Thingsgoboom

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Ahh, thanks for the help.

firefox or chrome should both be compatible with multi window right?

mhenne4

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phone was having.

Peaches36

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
So i finally got my update, i had to contact live chat and the rep asked me to power down my phone and she sent a network reset signal to the device. I powered back up and checked for the update and poof there it was. I am in north louisiana at 420 pm central. She said this is no guarantee but she guessed that was the problem my phone was having.

I did the same thing earlier today, but it didn't work for me.. I was told to wait a few days.. Does it matter that I have an anti virus app on the phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

kcour2006

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I did the same thing earlier today, but it didn't work for me.. I was told to wait a few days.. Does it matter that I have an anti virus app on the phone?

Nope, shouldn't matter. I think we want this too much. And will therefore be last to update. So sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JosephN

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh att sucks I swear I just got done chatting with a rep and they saying it's not even a update available for the note 2 he had one and didn't know there was an update for it. I mean seriously you don't even know what is available on your own damn phone for the company you work for. Buncha idiots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret