Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

well i did it... like a brand new phone. reset everything. make sure when you rename the file it turns it into a zip file. thats why some peeps cant see the file. now i get to completely download and try to remember all my app again. i thought att backed up my apps..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine View Post
    Cleveland, Ohio. Bought the Note 2 on launch day early in the morning. Still no update for me! I check every few hours. My date is now up to late February, 2013. Getting pissed.
    I have July of 2013, I passed passed no I'm approaching sour grapes with a touch of hatred.

Just wondering..did anyone even bother to read what myself and another said on this issue?

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3
    TheOtherBill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Just wondering..did anyone even bother to read what myself and another said on this issue?

Yes. Congrats on your patience. The rest of us will continue our quest.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRockit View Post
    Yes. Congrats on your patience. The rest of us will continue our quest.
    Even if it delays your update? Also, find an AT&T Device Tech center in your area and let them flash it for free for you.

I have no desire to download a file and manually update if it resets my phone and lose all my data. I would rather wait for the OTA update.

I found out from ATandT that YES. The countdown timer under check for updates is an application and if you got the date PUSHED ahead, you cannot get the update until the countdown timer counts down. ATandT also removed the clear data from the updater app so you can't clear the timer. For those of us who pushed the clock and got the timer to go to outrageous hours, you cannot get the update until the timer counts down to Zero. So for those who cannot get the update now, if you pushed the countdown timer to high hours you won't see the update for quite a while. I have to wait til Wednesday now. Sorry guys. Bombard ATandT and get them to put the update to Kies Air which they should have done to begin with. Then there would be no staggered 10% a day release of the update around the country and no TIMER app (the ATandT upgrade app.). ATandT put that updater app in due to not wanting people to bombard their network with constant requests for upgrade downloads at one time so their diamond of a network (in their eyes) won't get slowed down. Sprint released the upgrade in the wild. With ATandT we are "lucky" to be getting the update at all. Again, this should have been an online download like when the Original Note got an upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS. Keep calling ATandT and maybe they will put it online rather than on wi-fi (Over the Air).

Posted
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soap4Me View Post
    I found out from ATandT that YES. The countdown timer under check for updates is an application and if you got the date PUSHED ahead, you cannot get the update until the countdown timer counts down. ATandT also removed the clear data from the updater app so you can't clear the timer. For those of us who pushed the clock and got the timer to go to outrageous hours, you cannot get the update until the timer counts down to Zero. So for those who cannot get the update now, if you pushed the countdown timer to high hours you won't see the update for quite a while. I have to wait til Wednesday now. Sorry guys. Bombard ATandT and get them to put the update to Kies Air which they should have done to begin with. Then there would be no staggered 10% a day release of the update around the country and no TIMER app (the ATandT upgrade app.). ATandT put that updater app in due to not wanting people to bombard their network with constant requests for upgrade downloads at one time so their diamond of a network (in their eyes) won't get slowed down. Sprint released the upgrade in the wild. With ATandT we are "lucky" to be getting the update at all. Again, this should have been an online download like when the Original Note got an upgrade from Gingerbread to ICS. Keep calling ATandT and maybe they will put it online rather than on wi-fi (Over the Air).

Posted
    So, in plain english, what are you saying? I've been pushing the date out further and further to check for updates. I'm now into March of 2013. What does that mean for me?

So, in plain english, what are you saying? I've been pushing the date out further and further to check for updates. I'm now into March of 2013. What does that mean for me?
    If it is saying you can't check again until 3/2013 you now will not get it before then, is what I understood from the post.

I'm not sure if Sammy can help you, but worth a try.

If it is saying you can't check again until 3/2013 you now will not get it before then, is what I understood from the post.

I'm not sure if Sammy can help you, but worth a try.

So why doesn't changing the date and time help this? Can't I just set the time and date past there to fix the problem?

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Don't feel bad-I was more conservative-only 140 hours to wait. If this is true, either do the manual load as stated earlier in the thread-(I'm leaning toward this), Root your device, or go back to the At&t store and demand a new phone since this is their crap software blocking us.

So why doesn't changing the date and time help this? Can't I just set the time and date past there to fix the problem?
    Seems the update app picks up on the bumping up the date. Some got away with a few days a couple of times, but seems after a while it caught on and bumped their time according to the fake date.

I would think so. If nothing else, if the timer says you can check again in 1000 hours, then you could set the time/date to 999 hours and wait an hour for the update.

I would think so. If nothing else, if the timer says you can check again in 1000 hours, then you could set the time/date to 999 hours and wait an hour for the update.
    SMH

Any new people that come in this thread, this is one that is important to read the ENTIRE thread, BEFORE you do one single thing.

TheOtherBill likes this.

SMH

Seriously, what is your problem?

I just found out support centers in NY do not have the update and they said their computers weren't set up yet for an upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as it is too new. We have to bombard ATandT to CHANGE this update to a PUSH update. That way all will get it.

Any new people that come in this thread, this is one that is important to read the ENTIRE thread, BEFORE you do one single thing.

Read all 27 pages? SMH

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Kelly, reading all these posts won't do a thing. If you want to download the update from "somewhere" that is your choice. I do not want to risk bricking a phone or losing my warranty. I have no choice but to stay at ATandT's mercy and hope they do the right thing.

Seriously, what is your problem?
    Just you ignoring what was just confirmed by AT&T about bumping the date.

Kelly, reading all these posts won't do a thing. If you want to download the update from "somewhere" that is your choice. I do not want to risk bricking a phone or losing my warranty. I have no choice but to stay at ATandT's mercy and hope they do the right thing.
    It will help if people pay attention to what has happened and AT&T confirmed. Patience is the key here and they are doing what they always do, staggering the update, for a good reason. I mentioned that PAGES back, but now people have pushed their update until months away and probably would have gotten it in days at the most and some are still telling people to bump the date and if they don't read everything, they will be in the same situation.

TheOtherBill and Soloberry like this.

I just found out support centers in NY do not have the update and they said their computers weren't set up yet for an upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as it is too new. We have to bombard ATandT to CHANGE this update to a PUSH update. That way all will get it.
    All will get it, they stagger OTA updates to prevent overloads on their network, that affects us all.

Yes Jeffro that is what it means. I am waiting. Like I said keep calling ATandT to have them change their update delivery method for this update. Either that; or ATandT "wants" us to wait for a NEW phone to come out which has the update factory installed. That would be typical of them.

Kelly people won't get it til their countdown timer goes to ZERO.
    Thanked by:

Kelly people won't get it til their countdown timer goes to ZERO.
    Exactly, I understand that and it is from pushing the date up, otherwise, you can check for new software every 24 hours.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast