Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

Quote Originally Posted by squeakywipers View Post
    Still no luck with OTA update myself and have to wait ~60 hours. I want to rebuttal all those who thinks AT&T is playing god and have some nefarious plan to punish those who pushed their dates forward for the update - I HIGHLY doubt they are that intelligent and organized. Come on people, they can't even push 1 update out correctly, and they are going through all this trouble to "punish" their customers....I find this laughable. Methinks the OTA update is bugged, as is the date-forwarding dealy for the software update.
    They aren't pushing the update incorrectly, staggered updates is NORMAL.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

And. AT&T caught on to the pushing your date forward and stopped that, the entire point today.

Did anyone try using Kies Air or Kies to see if ATandT did the right thing and put the update there? My computer is a bit slow now so can't try it.

Kelly it might be normal for AT&T to "stagger" updates and mess with timer programs, but it isn't for other companies and ATandT sure charges a lot for their services. They should give us same respect.

Kies was of no help either. Hence, the reason for doing the manual update.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    And. AT&T caught on to the pushing your date forward and stopped that, the entire point today.

I still don't get where you have confirmation of this.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jpark23 View Post
    Thats it. Try it and let us know if it worked. It seem so simple after it. I highly suggest you back up your phone though.
    "Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet"!

My manual update took all of 5 minutes and my phone works perfect, I was out till Jan 20th and after the update the date is back to normal. Super easy guys for us impatient ones. Just make sure you save it as a .zip file. Your phone unzips it automatically. My wife traded her note1 in for the 2 today and her update was available right away. Weird I have had my phone since the release and I had to do manual. The factory reset you guy's talk about is it soft or hard after the update? I did nothing and no issue's. Glta

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine View Post
    I still don't get where you have confirmation of this.
    Read above, long post about someone talking to AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by jpark23 View Post
    Okay. This is what I did. I transfer the uodate file to my download file on the internal sd card. I then transfered the file to my external sd card. You can make a folder or put it in the external sd card. When you do the safe mode reboot, it will ask you to install from external sd card. Select the update file and it should start updating. Just fyi, it will erase everything in the internal sd card so I would back it up with kies. Let me know if you have oyher questions or if it actually worked. If it doesnt and you are stuck let me know also.
    Will try this tonight, light a fire, some candles, and a voodoo doll in case it all goes down hill....will report back once finished, wish me luck.
    Soloberry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soap4Me View Post
    Kelly it might be normal for AT&T to "stagger" updates and mess with timer programs, but it isn't for other companies and ATandT sure charges a lot for their services. They should give us same respect.
    Stagger is normal for technical reasons, T-Mobile did it when I was with them. The catching onto the changing the date issue and stopping that isn't about not respecting the customers, in fact it is about people like me not being on edge for tower and server overload.

TheOtherBill likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kearns View Post
    Read above, long post about someone talking to AT&T.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I saw the post you are talking about. I've also seen dozens of other post where people are talking to ATT customer service reps that don't know what the hell they are talking about. Why should this be any different?

Hmmm..maybe cause it has now blocked updates, but whatever..push your date to 2018 if that makes you feel better.

Jeffro keep playing with your clock then. Why ask us? See what happens for yourself.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Soap4Me View Post
    Jeffro keep playing with your clock then. Why ask us? See what happens for yourself.
    So good I have to quote it..

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #316  

Quote Originally Posted by ucquality View Post
    My manual update took all of 5 minutes and my phone works perfect, I was out till Jan 20th and after the update the date is back to normal. Super easy guys for us impatient ones. Just make sure you save it as a .zip file. Your phone unzips it automatically. My wife traded her note1 in for the 2 today and her update was available right away. Weird I have had my phone since the release and I had to do manual. The factory reset you guy's talk about is it soft or hard after the update? I did nothing and no issue's. Glta
    How did you do it? I renamed the file and it still had cfg at the end which I can't remove.. Help please...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

The link from plastikman on xda developer site has been dropped from the Dropbox site it was on.

I think this works best if you download the file to your PC or MAC

You can then right click on it and rename it. Just type over the entire .CFG filename with "update.zip" (without quotation marks of course)

Then copy from your Mac or PC to the external card on your phone. I did it using Kies on a Mac.

It's so simple to do, but I can understand how some people not used to doing these things may have initial difficulties.

Much easier than sitting around playing with the clock for hours on end for an update that may not come for the next few days.

Hi Peaches,

So highlight the entire file name "update.zip.cfg" and delete the ".cfg" portion. So the file name should be update.zip instead of update.zip.cfg. It will have a message and just click yes. Then you transfer that file to your external hard drive. Do the safe boot mode and select install from external sd card. Select the update.zip file and you should be set. It's my mission to get you updated.

LOL. He doesn't stop whining about an app ATandT put there to prevent us jumping the line, so let him leep pushing the date til who knows when. LOL.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #321  

On the phone with at&t and told to use Kies, send the phone to Samsung, possibly or go the the store and get a refurbished phone... I'm disgusted for real

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches36 View Post
    On the phone with at&t and told to use Kies, send the phone to Samsung, possibly or go the the store and get a refurbished phone... I'm disgusted for real

You might want to find out if there is a Device Tech store in your area and they might can help. All areas do not have them.

You couldn't get the file to work Peaches?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #324  

None in my area.. I was told I gotta wait til the 3700 hours is up in order to check for an update..

Kelly most of the tech stores do not have the updates yet. I called 4 already.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast