Multi view update on December 27th!

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So, in plain english, what are you saying? I've been pushing the date out further and further to check for updates. I'm now into March of 2013. What does that mean for me?

Don't feel bad-I was more conservative-only 140 hours to wait. If this is true, either do the manual load as stated earlier in the thread-(I'm leaning toward this), Root your device, or go back to the At&t store and demand a new phone since this is their crap software blocking us.:mad:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So why doesn't changing the date and time help this? Can't I just set the time and date past there to fix the problem?

Seems the update app picks up on the bumping up the date. Some got away with a few days a couple of times, but seems after a while it caught on and bumped their time according to the fake date.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Any new people that come in this thread, this is one that is important to read the ENTIRE thread, BEFORE you do one single thing.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I just found out support centers in NY do not have the update and they said their computers weren't set up yet for an upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as it is too new. We have to bombard ATandT to CHANGE this update to a PUSH update. That way all will get it.

Last edited:

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Kelly, reading all these posts won't do a thing. If you want to download the update from "somewhere" that is your choice. I do not want to risk bricking a phone or losing my warranty. I have no choice but to stay at ATandT's mercy and hope they do the right thing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, reading all these posts won't do a thing. If you want to download the update from "somewhere" that is your choice. I do not want to risk bricking a phone or losing my warranty. I have no choice but to stay at ATandT's mercy and hope they do the right thing.

It will help if people pay attention to what has happened and AT&T confirmed. Patience is the key here and they are doing what they always do, staggering the update, for a good reason. I mentioned that PAGES back, but now people have pushed their update until months away and probably would have gotten it in days at the most and some are still telling people to bump the date and if they don't read everything, they will be in the same situation.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just found out support centers in NY do not have the update and they said their computers weren't set up yet for an upgrade for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 as it is too new. We have to bombard ATandT to CHANGE this update to a PUSH update. That way all will get it.

All will get it, they stagger OTA updates to prevent overloads on their network, that affects us all.

Soap4Me

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes Jeffro that is what it means. I am waiting. Like I said keep calling ATandT to have them change their update delivery method for this update. Either that; or ATandT "wants" us to wait for a NEW phone to come out which has the update factory installed. That would be typical of them.

Soloberry

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a question...

what about just downloading it to your computer, extract it there within its own folder, then drag and drop it into the EXT SD card while your phone is connected to your computer-then you don't need a utility to unzip it once it's on your phone? Will that work?

Jeffro Bodine

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I went back and read through every page of this thread. It seems that TONS of people have had luck setting the date forward in order to get the update. Why do we now think that this won't work? Where's the confirmation other than what some rep (who probably doesn't know squat) told some guy who called them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz