Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324
Like Tree97Likes

Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

If you have the update and want to add additional apps to Multi-View, it can be easily done.
    Check out this thread: [How to] edit apps for use with multi window.
    Here is a video of how to as well:

Anyone encountering any bugs since the update? The only thing I have noticed, and it's happened twice so far since the update, is that sometimes the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape. Doesn't matter what app you are using. A power off/restart solves the problem. It doesn't seem to be related to a setting because it works normally and then it just doesn't.

Yes, that happened to me, but only once (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro Bodine View Post
    Anyone encountering any bugs since the update? The only thing I have noticed, and it's happened twice so far since the update, is that sometimes the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape. Doesn't matter what app you are using. A power off/restart solves the problem. It doesn't seem to be related to a setting because it works normally and then it just doesn't.
    That is AT&T ROM not being stable or just lagging.....
    That is one reason to root and flash a different (better) ROM on to your awesome Galaxy Note 2.

Thankfully no...

The update showed up on my Note II a couple of days ago. I downloaded it, restarted, failed at 24%. Factory reset Note II. Downloaded it again, restarted it, and failed at 24% again. Factory reset and tried again. Update no longer shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Williams1 View Post
    The update showed up on my Note II a couple of days ago. I downloaded it, restarted, failed at 24%. Factory reset Note II. Downloaded it again, restarted it, and failed at 24% again. Factory reset and tried again. Update no longer shows up.
    Dang sorry to hear. What is ATT telling you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoneguy108 View Post
    I'll have to call. I'm just checking the forums first.

AT&T Support:

Amanda: I have just read this update With your "update" AT&T has temporarily suspended it because it was not updating properly on the device.

Amanda: Sorry, this is apparently a huge issue so Samsung had to pull it for the time being.

Amanda: I apologize for the inconvenience. When the update is corrected it will appear on your device.

Amanda: That is up to Samsung and AT&T when the bugs are fixed.

Well at least you know the issue is not specific to your device. Hopefully they get the issue resolved quickly.

Well at least you know the issue is not specific to your device. Hopefully they get the issue resolved quickly.
    I hope so too.

Hey All. This new firmware has introduced a screen rotation bug to our Note 2's. Basically the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape without warning and can only be fixed by rebooting the phone. No fix is currently available and no cause has been determined. You can follow the thread about it here:
    Thanked by 3:

Hey All. This new firmware has introduced a screen rotation bug to our Note 2's. Basically the screen will fail to rotate from portrait to landscape without warning and can only be fixed by rebooting the phone. No fix is currently available and no cause has been determined. You can follow the thread about it here:
    I noticed when I upgraded to the new update, my transition from portrait to landscape was much slower. Before the update it was blazing fast when switching modes.

Now I notice it won't rotate sometimes unless I reboot. Kind of annoying.

I wish I never updated and the multi window is useless with all the apps listed. It's like an At&t festival full of useless apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    Sent from my Evo Lte with a sick Sense of humor with a rating of 4.0!

I have noticed the problem on my Note II after the update.

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Holy moly thank god I checked these forums today! I never got the update pushed to me, I checked today and it show's its available. But after what I'm reading here I'm not going to update the phone. My phone works great right now and it's not worth compromising for a useless Multi View in which almost no apps are compatible with it.

I've been burned REAL BAD with my old Moto Atrix on ATT. Off the shelf it was a decent phone, after the 2.3 update I believe, the WHOLE phone went to utter dog doo doo. I have no faith in ATT when it comes to software updates, think I"m going to pass on this one.

I'm still unrooted. Plan to eventually research a ROM and root the phone and install a clean ROM on it. I still have all the ATT bloatware that I need to remove
    Current Device: Moto Atrix
    MatroxD and UsedName like this.

My Note 2 was only a few weeks old when I rooted & flash it and notice the AT&T stock ROM was a bit buggie and slow compare to Clean ROM.
    Also this was before the 4.1.2 update from AT&T.....
    MatroxD likes this.

Finally got my update to work I think the trick was not allowing my screen to turn off while it was updating. Works great just very limited apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Last edited by Keith Wilkinson1; 02-04-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Still freaking waiting :-(

there is a fix out jet?

hi guys....

i have at&t note 2 i did factory unlock to it and tell now when ever i ask if there an update it gives me there is no update .. my Android Version 4.1.1 and i don't have the multi view

can you help what i should do to get it updated to 4.2 and multi view

I had the same experience. Their are a bunch of OSs out there that work as well &often better. I'm using clean rom (Google it) there's also Cyanogen mod. Someone smarter than me about phones might follow. Most of them are as good or better than your carriers version. Be careful to check them out though. Some aren't as stable as others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 21222324