Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    I think the person is referring to Samsung's MultiTASK feature. It is brought up during Multi-window use. But, can be used aside from Multi-window, as it was on the S3 I played with in the AT&T store when waiting for the Note 2 to come out. The S3 had this via long pressing the home button. I think it will now be via long-pressing the 'back' button. I assume the S3 access to that will change IF it get's the update, but I haven't heard about that getting mult-window. Perhaps it's too small of a screen for now (or waiting for the S4/larger screen version). The 10.1 Note tablet has featured Multi-window in it's 'elf' advertisement too!
    Touche!!! It pops on the left side. You get genius of the hour award!!!!

Default Re: Multi view update on December 27th!

Yes, that's how you enable the multitasking apps. Long press the back button brings up that bar which you can then slide closed. A tab remains so you can re-open the drawer by sliding it out.

OR, when the drawer is open you can long press the back button again and the drawer will disappear, reappearing when you long press back again.

Just reminder for those not getting the update. Make sure you are not using Wifi. Since it's an OTA, you have to use ATT network to get it, I think.
    Thanked by:
    GT1873 

Quote Originally Posted by VDK69 View Post
    Just reminder for those not getting the update. Make sure you are not using Wifi. Since it's an OTA, you have to use ATT network to get it, I think.
    Incorrect.

I used WiFi.

I tried at 830am and got zip...said I had to wait 12 hours. Kind of hopeful it will notify me sooner.
    Isnt it funny....I spoke with AT&T tier2 data and Samsung support and no one knew the moon was made of swiss cheese.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRaid View Post
    No its not it... im confused now. Your apps are on the left now? Did it do that on its own.
    What's not it? Now you are confusing me! The vertical/horizontal scroll (depending on screen rotation) that person shows in the pic is the Samsung Multi-task feature that comes with this update. Drag the apps to the foreground and it creates the split-screen for two of them at a time. It stays as a tab, but you can turn-off with the notification toggle (I think is also part of this update) easily.

Also, only some apps will be in the Multi-task bar...not all can do multi-window yet...wait for more in the future to utilize this feature.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!
    lgreenberg likes this.

Just go to the date/time settings and change the date to the future (I did 2 days) and then check for updates again.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Any hands on feedback? Worth the hype?

for me and others, it was only after disconnecting from our Wifi networks we were able to get the update. So, it's a suggestion for those that are having problems getting the download.

I have seen at least one video where the multi tasking window is on the bottom but that does not seem to be an option.

Updated!

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg View Post
    Yes, that's how you enable the multitasking apps. Long press the back button brings up that bar which you can then slide closed. A tab remains so you can re-open the drawer by sliding it out.

OR, when the drawer is open you can long press the back button again and the drawer will disappear, reappearing when you long press back again.
    Yes, true, you beat me to it, I forgot to mention that it goes away with the back button as well as the notification toggle.

Now, if I can get this update along with everyone else within the hour! Been patient this long, can wait a bit longer I guess.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

I have seen at least one video where the multi tasking window is on the bottom but that does not seem to be an option.
    I have NEVER seen that before in the dozens of videos I've seen. Those were either rooted phones with custom skins or something else you were seeing.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

I think that is when you rotate the screen to 'landscape' view. Try it when you are using an app that you can do landscape in, not the home screen (which only can be in portrait view)

Quote Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
    I have NEVER seen that before in the dozens of videos I've seen. Those were either rooted phones with custom skins or something else you were seeing.
    LOL, it's the Android Central demo of it.

Reaper69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dponte View Post
    I think that is when you rotate the screen to 'landscape' view. Try it when you are using an app that you can do landscape in, not the home screen (which only can be in portrait view)
    Nope, tried, even in landscape the toolbar shows up vertical on the left.

I had 69 Hours to check back for up grade, I forwarded my date 69 hours ahead and the update appeared

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VDK69 View Post
    for me and others, it was only after disconnecting from our Wifi networks we were able to get the update. So, it's a suggestion for those that are having problems getting the download.
    Holy hell, I hope not. I've only got edge where I'm at.

I would love to know when they started that crap of having to wait 24 hours. If they'd push updates out in a more timely manner, maybe folks would check 10 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by M Dodd View Post
    I checked the system update and got nothing. Now I have to wait 24 hours to check again??

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Is anybody getting this on wifi?

Yes, I did mine on WiFi.

Drag the tab to the bottom to enable bottom usage of multi-window.
    Thanked by 2:
    Reaper69 likes this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Yes, I did mine on WiFi.
    Thank god.

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

interesting...that was one of the videos i saw that shows the landscape toolbar...1:45 into it or so.

Hmm...I THINK I saw my friend's Sprint phone was able to do it. I will ask when I see him at work again. Perhaps this was causing a bug and they changed it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Khemistry View Post
    Updated!

How did you circle the version.? Can u describe steps. I cant jive with the spen yet
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast